2021 Playoff Thread

Playoff hockey boys and girls! More fans in the stands in most arenas, and some juicy matchups. Here's my first pass, non-researched picks...
Bruins over Caps
Pens over Islanders

Panthers over Bolts
Canes over Preds

Oilers over Jets
Leafs over Habs

Wild over Knights
BLUES OVER AVS

I don't feel great about a bunch of those, and the homer pick is clearly devoid of a lot of logic, but honestly fuck Kroenke. Playoff time, let's roll.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: 2021 Playoff Thread

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:03 am Playoff hockey boys and girls! More fans in the stands in most arenas, and some juicy matchups. Here's my first pass, non-researched picks...
Bruins over Caps
Pens over Islanders

Panthers over Bolts
Canes over Preds

Oilers over Jets
Leafs over Habs

Wild over Knights
BLUES OVER AVS

I don't feel great about a bunch of those, and the homer pick is clearly devoid of a lot of logic, but honestly fuck Kroenke. Playoff time, let's roll.
Bruins
Islanders
Lightning
Canes

Oilers
Leafs
Golden Knights
Blues

Tampa is getting back everybody at the right time. Chemistry might be off. Not sure the Panthers are ready for primtime just yet.
Bruins are in playoff mode...I think that’s bad news for the Capitals.
Just want the Islanders to beat the Pens. In Trotz I believe .
Canes handle the Preds easily.

Oilers are just too much for the Jets
Leafs and Habs are going 7 games
I don’t believe in Minnesota
Blues.....punch Nate Mac in the face and make him bleed all over the ice. I want the Blues to channel their testicles from 2019....hang them out on the ice , let them know we’re there!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:16 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:03 am Playoff hockey boys and girls! More fans in the stands in most arenas, and some juicy matchups. Here's my first pass, non-researched picks...
Bruins over Caps
Pens over Islanders

Panthers over Bolts
Canes over Preds

Oilers over Jets
Leafs over Habs

Wild over Knights
BLUES OVER AVS

Bruins
Islanders
Lightning
Canes

Oilers
Leafs
Golden Knights
Blues

Tampa is getting back everybody at the right time. Chemistry might be off. Not sure the Panthers are ready for primtime just yet.
Bruins are in playoff mode...I think that’s bad news for the Capitals.
Just want the Islanders to beat the Pens. In Trotz I believe .
Canes handle the Preds easily.

Oilers are just too much for the Jets
Leafs and Habs are going 7 games
I don’t believe in Minnesota
Blues.....punch Nate Mac in the face and make him bleed all over the ice. I want the Blues to channel their testicles from 2019....hang them out on the ice , let them know we’re there!
You could tell me 7 of the 8 Central/East teams make it out of their respective divisions and I'd easily believe it. The Preds are the only team that's just happy to be there. In the North I just desperately want Leafs-McDavid in round 2, but history constantly tells us not to get too excited about potential second round match ups.

Didn't get to watch Caps Bruins but it sounds like it was an awesome start to the playoffs.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:11 am
Didn't get to watch Caps Bruins but it sounds like it was an awesome start to the playoffs.

Recent regular season play between 2 teams made it look like the Bruins would beat Caps. But now the Caps have goaltending issues so who knows. I want Washington to win. As Larry Robinson would say, Fuck Boston.

BluesSK wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:11 pm Announcer on Canadian TV calling him T Jay Oshie. 😄
Well damn and here I’ve been pronouncing it wrong all these years
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"