Re: 2021 Playoff Thread

Aesa wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:15 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:27 pm Scheifele gonna be sitting for a couple of games after that hit. Just a dumb hit
Maybe the rest of the series. That was gruesome and definitely uncalled for.
That was boneheaded. Blues played on the edge in 2019 but that was a pointless blatant dirty hit.

Honestly that seems fine. Nasty hit, but Schiefele has a clean track record, and games in the second round of the playoffs are worth a lot more than regular season games. I don't know what the right number is. It was a clear charge that caused injury, but can't you make an argument that this was a hockey play as he's trying to prevent a goal? On the other hand I feel like the more effective hockey play would've been to go for the puck with a stick check. Regardless this is a bad development for the Jets. Schiefele is obviously a huge player for them, and if/when he gets back in this series, you'd figure he might be looking over his shoulder.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:35 am

Honestly that seems fine. Nasty hit, but Schiefele has a clean track record, and games in the second round of the playoffs are worth a lot more than regular season games. I don't know what the right number is. It was a clear charge that caused injury, but can't you make an argument that this was a hockey play as he's trying to prevent a goal? On the other hand I feel like the more effective hockey play would've been to go for the puck with a stick check. Regardless this is a bad development for the Jets. Schiefele is obviously a huge player for them, and if/when he gets back in this series, you'd figure he might be looking over his shoulder.
That guy should change his name to Scott Stevens and people will change their tune over thie hit.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:38 am Barry Trotz is just a damn good coach. It's a shame his teams have never gotten over the hump in the playoffs because he's one of the best bench bosses around.
He won a Cup with Caps, remember? But yeah, damn good coach. Great coach. Took a long time for him to get the respect he deserves.

BillP. wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:58 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:38 am Barry Trotz is just a damn good coach. It's a shame his teams have never gotten over the hump in the playoffs because he's one of the best bench bosses around.
He won a Cup with Caps, remember? But yeah, damn good coach. Great coach. Took a long time for him to get the respect he deserves.
Good lord you're right, I forgot he was the coach of that team. The Islanders are the most no-name team every year that continues to threaten for a cup.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Taylor Hall got wrecked here by a good ole St Louis boy but I'm old enough to remember when Taylor Hall went to Buffalo and absolutely disappeared for a season. He's been thriving in Boston and now he's dropping the gloves with a true tough guy. Props to him and to Boston for building an organization that gets the most out of its players. Godspeed to whoever goes first overall to Buffalo.

Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:00 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:58 am
Good lord you're right, I forgot he was the coach of that team. The Islanders are the most no-name team every year that continues to threaten for a cup.
In your defense after winning that Cup the Caps immediately got rid of him in a move that totally backfired.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:26 pm Habs about to go up 3-0 on Winnipeg. The Canadian division continues to make very little sense.
That whole division is pretty terrible. Montreal will likely get wrecked by Colorado or Vegas but Price is a huge difference maker. Playing the best of his career right now IMO.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:15 am Maybe Montreal is good?
The Price is right? Can't believe an announcer never ran with that.............................................Crosby the shot aaaaannnnnnddddd the Price is right.......................gold Jerry gold :lol:
gold-jerry-gold-gif-5.gif gold-jerry-gold-gif-5.gif Viewed 9758 times 1.17 MiB