Re: 2021 Playoff Thread

ratonmono wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:29 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:09 am
ratonmono wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:47 pm This is a brutal beating. Most lopsided final I can remember since 96 when the Avs swept the Panthers.
Carey Price turned back into the goalie he'd been each of the past few regular seasons. Tampa is just too damn loaded for anything but this result to happen against a just pretty good team thats no longer getting great goaltending.
Yeah it's over the only questions are who gets Conn Smythe out of Kucherov, Point, Vasilevskiy, or Hedman, and can they threepeat?
It's a travesty if it's not either Kucherov or Vasilevskiy.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

STLBlueshistory wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:17 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:03 pm Congrats to a team 18 million OVER CAP to win it all. *yawn*
The Blues were the 2nd highest over at 8+ million and couldn't win a single playoff game.

Now that is a *yawn*.
Tampa surely would've rather played with Kucherov in the lineup all year. Instead they were the lower seeded team in the first round hoping their leading scorer wouldn't have any rust after not playing since August or whenever the Final was in the bubble.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:34 pm
ratonmono wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:29 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:09 am

Carey Price turned back into the goalie he'd been each of the past few regular seasons. Tampa is just too damn loaded for anything but this result to happen against a just pretty good team thats no longer getting great goaltending.
Yeah it's over the only questions are who gets Conn Smythe out of Kucherov, Point, Vasilevskiy, or Hedman, and can they threepeat?
It's a travesty if it's not either Kucherov or Vasilevskiy.
Yeah Kucherov has to be the guy. Back to back 30+ point playoffs is Mario/Wayne territory.

Go Habs! Let’s make it a series!!!

You know what’s funny is, both Olczyk and the guy on the Canadien feed gave props to Caufield for staying in front of the net, but in all honesty, he better stop in front. What player wouldn’t? I’ve looked at that replay and there’s no reason for him not too. But I guess when you’re a color commentator you got to say something.

BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:22 am Go Habs! Let’s make it a series!!!

You know what’s funny is, both Olczyk and the guy on the Canadien feed gave props to Caufield for staying in front of the net, but in all honesty, he better stop in front. What player wouldn’t? I’ve looked at that replay and there’s no reason for him not too. But I guess when you’re a color commentator you got to say something.
I don't know you see fly-bys all the time. I can't wait for Olczyk to no longer be the primary color guy in the US, but this was a reasonable point.

hahahaha now i want to see that entire q&a session. throwing major shade at montreal fans. a city that has more Cups than anyone ever will, that hadn't been to a finals in how many decades? yeah, they were a little excited and there is some major history there. but this guy doesn't give a fuck about any of that, fuck you frenchies! please, more of this vs canned, coached responses. this is how rivalries are nurtured.

T.C. wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:01 am hahahaha now i want to see that entire q&a session. throwing major shade at montreal fans. a city that has more Cups than anyone ever will, that hadn't been to a finals in how many decades? yeah, they were a little excited and there is some major history there. but this guy doesn't give a fuck about any of that, fuck you frenchies! please, more of this vs canned, coached responses. this is how rivalries are nurtured.
Fucking love it :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"