Re: GDT: Blues vs. Ducks 7 pm

Robb_K wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:48 pm Another loss to the worst team in The NHL. Really depressing. They'll back into the playoffs, and not have a good feeling about the way they've been playing.
This loss is on BillP. Not for not saying Fuck Anaheim, but for hoping that the enemy scores one against the Blues... Totally unacceptable!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:23 pm
Robb_K wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:48 pm Another loss to the worst team in The NHL. Really depressing. They'll back into the playoffs, and not have a good feeling about the way they've been playing.
This loss is on BillP. Not for not saying Fuck Anaheim, but for hoping that the enemy scores one against the Blues... Totally unacceptable!
I take full responsibility for this loss. I let my Blues Brothers down. Sorry boys.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:06 pm
barnburner wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:40 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:48 pm

Fuck Backes
Fuck Petro
Fuck Pujols
Fuck any captain who quits on his team and feels disrespected when a shit-ton of money isn't quite enough.
I would disagree about Pujols. Army dealt honestly, and above board with Backes and Petro, they simply wanted more money than the Blues could reasonably offer.
Imo, with Pujols, it was a lack of respect, by the way they dodged negotiating.
With Backes, it wasn't the money, it was the extra year. Army only went 4, Boston went 5. Backes isn't in the league anymore if he doesn't sign that deal. Pujols I believe they were waaaaay off. It's been a long time, but I believe the Cards initially only offered 5 years, and Pujols was done at that point. I'm sure there's more to it, but again, I don't blame either party. Worked out much better for both sides. Time will tell with Petro. That's the one of the three that I feel like Petro and/or his agent got too cute and missed out on the desired outcome.
Angels are releasing Pujols.... more disrespect?

Good game I thought. The Ducks are better than their record shows. Binnington was great last night. We are missing a lot too injury still too. I really enjoyed the post game celebration for Backes, and it brought some tears to my eyes a bit also. He was a good C and a great player for our Blues. The hate from some to him and not others who 'left for money/years/whatever' is so hypocritical. Please show me the last time the Blues had a star player (someone who routinely put up at least 40+ points a year) that was drafted and stayed their entire time with the Blues...or any other NHL team the last 20 years or so. I cannot think of any many of the top of my head except for maybe Shane Doan and Zetterberg?

Edit before posting: Here is a screenshot that shows those 24 players who stayed with one team since entering the league in 1988 - ...and not all of them are 'star players' IMHO. Seems winning multiple Cups helps keep them too, as Detroit, Colorado and Chicago have the most from a quick glance:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:20 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:06 pm
barnburner wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:40 pm
I would disagree about Pujols. Army dealt honestly, and above board with Backes and Petro, they simply wanted more money than the Blues could reasonably offer.
Imo, with Pujols, it was a lack of respect, by the way they dodged negotiating.
With Backes, it wasn't the money, it was the extra year. Army only went 4, Boston went 5. Backes isn't in the league anymore if he doesn't sign that deal. Pujols I believe they were waaaaay off. It's been a long time, but I believe the Cards initially only offered 5 years, and Pujols was done at that point. I'm sure there's more to it, but again, I don't blame either party. Worked out much better for both sides. Time will tell with Petro. That's the one of the three that I feel like Petro and/or his agent got too cute and missed out on the desired outcome.
Angels are releasing Pujols.... more disrespect?
Not at all. But it seems to me, that Albert couldnt win. If he had resigned in St. Louis, and put up the same numbers as in L.A., he would have been ripped by the same fans who hate him for leaving.