Re: GDT: Blues vs. Ducks 7 pm

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:11 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:48 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:22 pm Hope Backes scores a nice goal and Blues win.
Fuck Backes
Fuck Petro
Fuck Pujols
Fuck any captain who quits on his team and feels disrespected when a shit-ton of money isn't quite enough.
Fuck Kroenke
Yeah fuck Kroenke with a pitchfork forever. It's worth noting that the hometown teams dodged major bullets when 2 of those 3 players left town. Too soon to tell on the third.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:22 pm Hope Backes scores a nice goal and Blues win.
Fuck Backes
Fuck Petro
Fuck Pujols
Fuck any captain who quits on his team and feels disrespected when a shit-ton of money isn't quite enough.
I would disagree about Pujols. Army dealt honestly, and above board with Backes and Petro, they simply wanted more money than the Blues could reasonably offer.
Imo, with Pujols, it was a lack of respect, by the way they dodged negotiating.

barnburner wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:40 pm
Fuck Backes
Fuck Petro
Fuck Pujols
I would disagree about Pujols. Army dealt honestly, and above board with Backes and Petro, they simply wanted more money than the Blues could reasonably offer.
With Backes, it wasn't the money, it was the extra year. Army only went 4, Boston went 5. Backes isn't in the league anymore if he doesn't sign that deal. Pujols I believe they were waaaaay off. It's been a long time, but I believe the Cards initially only offered 5 years, and Pujols was done at that point. I'm sure there's more to it, but again, I don't blame either party. Worked out much better for both sides. Time will tell with Petro. That's the one of the three that I feel like Petro and/or his agent got too cute and missed out on the desired outcome.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Fuck Backes
Fuck Petro
Fuck Pujols
Fuck anyone who says his feelings are hurt by an nine-figure offer to play a game.

Fuck Backes
Fuck Petro
Fuck Pujols
Fuck anyone who says his feelings are hurt by an nine-figure offer to play a game.

Another really poor game by The Blues. They had tonnes of chances to win this game, but they lost most of the races to, and battles for the puck. If it wasn't for winning faceoffs, and The Ducks overskating the puck, and sending passes to no one, The Blues would never have had possession at all!