Re: GDT: Minnesota Wild vs Your St Louis Blues - 7:00 4/29

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:23 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:18 pm So who does ROR give the Cup to first? Does he go with one of the veterans or one of the guys that didn't get a chance to hold it in 2019?
I'm hoping Kostin. I wonder how many players have raised the KHL cup and Stanley Cup in the same season?
Kerber was talking about Kostin getting in there. Wouldn’t it be something if he could spark the team even more? It’s shit like that you need to make a Cinderella story.

T.C. wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:58 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:53 pm Just remember, ROR scores game winners all the time, never takes a shift off and plays tremendous defense, but he's not a good captain because he doesn't punch enough guys.
who says that?
There was some squawking on here about his leadership when they kept losing. Schenn got in a couple fights (but didn't snap out of his goalless draught) and people started saying he should've gotten the C. I like Schenn of course, but ROR is a great captain.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:53 pm Just remember, ROR scores game winners all the time, never takes a shift off and plays tremendous defense, but he's not a good captain because he doesn't punch enough guys.
who says that?
You hear it everywhere. People are saying it. A guy told me it just the other day, you wouldn't know him though, he goes to a different school, lives in the Niagara Falls area.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:44 am
who says that?
You hear it everywhere. People are saying it. A guy told me it just the other day, you wouldn't know him though, he goes to a different school, lives in the Niagara Falls area.
That guy and my totally real, not at all imaginary first girlfriend I told all my friends about but who none of them actually met when I was 13.

well, look - i expect a captain to lead by example. ROR plays with grit and isn't afraid to mix it up when he takes exception. i don't expect (or want) him to go looking for fights every shift, that's not his job. but sticking up for teammates and himself is absolutely a prime directive. say, for example, the other team's captain were to throw him to the ice and, i don't know, sit on him. i would expect him to take exception to that and make it understood that was not going to happen to our team. and i am confident he would do so if necessary. but, more importantly, i am confident his teammates would make sure he didn't have to. perhaps, again merely hypothetical here, just pulling something out of thin air, unlike what we've seen in the recent past.

T.C. wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:23 pm well, look - i expect a captain to lead by example. ROR plays with grit and isn't afraid to mix it up when he takes exception. i don't expect (or want) him to go looking for fights every shift, that's not his job. but sticking up for teammates and himself is absolutely a prime directive. say, for example, the other team's captain were to throw him to the ice and, i don't know, sit on him. i would expect him to take exception to that and make it understood that was not going to happen to our team. and i am confident he would do so if necessary. but, more importantly, i am confident his teammates would make sure he didn't have to. perhaps, again merely hypothetical here, just pulling something out of thin air, unlike what we've seen in the recent past.
That example would never happen to a pro hockey team. :lol:

BillP. wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:16 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:18 pm So who does ROR give the Cup to first? Does he go with one of the veterans or one of the guys that didn't get a chance to hold it in 2019?
I'm hoping Kostin. I wonder how many players have raised the KHL cup and Stanley Cup in the same season?
Kerber was talking about Kostin getting in there. Wouldn’t it be something if he could spark the team even more? It’s shit like that you need to make a Cinderella story.
I like him best when he plays his heavy game. He could be a catalyst to get The Blues on a tear, like Reaves.

Robb_K wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:35 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:16 am

I like him best when he plays his heavy game. He could be a catalyst to get The Blues on a tear, like Reaves.
Have you watched many games ? Tell us more, its been a Klem drought since he got drafted . Really want to to see this kid on The ice.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:44 am
who says that?
There was some squawking on here about his leadership when they kept losing. Schenn got in a couple fights (but didn't snap out of his goalless draught) and people started saying he should've gotten the C. I like Schenn of course, but ROR is a great captain.
That would be me. I like both guys but I still think Schenn is better suited for the Captains job. More vocal. More emotional. O'Reilly is a lot more cerebral and his leadership would be the same without the C.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:49 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:44 am

who says that?
That would be me. I like both guys but I still think Schenn is better suited for the Captains job. More vocal. More emotional. O'Reilly is a lot more cerebral and his leadership would be the same without the C.
This is true. He strikes me as a real jedi style leader, not a rah-rah type. I would have gladly endorsed schenn for the C for this reason. But “prefer” is a strong word for me here, i think either was a good choice.