Re: 2021 Trade Deadline Thread

BillP. wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:16 am Heard on Dreger/Ferraro podcast that Vegas gave a better offer for Hall, but Hall wanted to go to Boston. Ferraro said he can't believe teams give out trade protection to players. He said the list should only be like this long for players like McDavid, Draisaitl, MacKinnon, Crosby, etc. and that's it.
How else are you going to get Hall if you're Buffalo? They got 2 free assets by signing Hall. Sure it's a "win" for Boston, but Buffalo wasn't going anywhere this year, and they basically bought a second round pick and a youngish depth forward. That's what the NTC got them. It got Hall exactly where he wanted to be all along. Worked for everybody in this situation.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:37 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:16 am Heard on Dreger/Ferraro podcast that Vegas gave a better offer for Hall, but Hall wanted to go to Boston. Ferraro said he can't believe teams give out trade protection to players. He said the list should only be like this long for players like McDavid, Draisaitl, MacKinnon, Crosby, etc. and that's it.
How else are you going to get Hall if you're Buffalo? They got 2 free assets by signing Hall. Sure it's a "win" for Boston, but Buffalo wasn't going anywhere this year, and they basically bought a second round pick and a youngish depth forward. That's what the NTC got them. It got Hall exactly where he wanted to be all along. Worked for everybody in this situation.
So which loser team will Hall sign with next season? 😄

BluesSK wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:54 am
You think Army kicks the tires on him?

BillP. wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:09 am

I think it all depends if we keep Schwartz around or not. The team's deficiencies are on defense so I would expect some shoring up there.

Plus, we should have KHL superstar Klim Kostin in the roster.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:22 am

I think it all depends if we keep Schwartz around or not. The team's deficiencies are on defense so I would expect some shoring up there.

Plus, we should have KHL superstar Klim Kostin in the roster.

I'll believe it when I see it when Kostin is up here playing regularly. Chances of that happening are klim and none :)

He's kicked plenty over the years. Hall wants to stay in the northeast supposedly. He wouldn't wave his deal for Vegas, wouldn't sign in Colorado in the offseason. Those two have been the odds on Cups favorites outside of Tampa fo the last year. If he were looking for a Cup, he would've gone to either of those two. Geography seems to be very important to him.

I'm sure he's hoping it's Boston, that seems to be where he wants to be.
We'll see if the feeling is mutual

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:03 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:03 pm Mantha has scored in every game since his trade to Washington
But I was told Mantha was terrible because Lord Yzerman didn't want him. Weird.
Probably a trade he will likely regret in the long run but I think he knew that going in. Mantha just didn’t fit in their plans ...didn’t make much sense to pay him that money when they are still several years away from competing.
Pretty shrewd move for the Capitals. Not sure it’s enough to get them through their division though.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:14 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:03 pm Mantha has scored in every game since his trade to Washington
Probably a trade he will likely regret in the long run but I think he knew that going in. Mantha just didn’t fit in their plans ...didn’t make much sense to pay him that money when they are still several years away from competing.
Pretty shrewd move for the Capitals. Not sure it’s enough to get them through their division though.
Honestly it was fine for both sides value wise I think. But if Mantha was traded partially for being too old for their rebuild (as some have stated) what must Dylan Larkin be thinking since he's only one year younger? He's got 2 years left after this one before hitting UFA. If I'm him I'm not signing any hometown discounts while I waste my prime away on a team not even trying to compete.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:37 pm

Honestly it was fine for both sides value wise I think. But if Mantha was traded partially for being too old for their rebuild (as some have stated) what must Dylan Larkin be thinking since he's only one year younger? He's got 2 years left after this one before hitting UFA. If I'm him I'm not signing any hometown discounts while I waste my prime away on a team not even trying to compete.
I should point out that’s just my take on Yzerman moving him. I’m sure Steve had other reasons as well. Larkin is the face of the franchise....not sure what will happen there. Will be interesting to see how Yzerman handles it for sure.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:07 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:37 pm

I should point out that’s just my take on Yzerman moving him. I’m sure Steve had other reasons as well. Larkin is the face of the franchise....not sure what will happen there. Will be interesting to see how Yzerman handles it for sure.
Yeah, I had heard it speculated that Mantha was in the doghouse long before Yzerman arrived, so who knows what happened behind the scenes. Only thing that's clear is that it's been a good fit in DC for a week, haha.