Re: Stone's hit to Bozac's head

Aesa wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:49 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:39 pm The fact that it's Bozak on the receiving end......Stone might get 2 max if that. If you are hoping for 5, I wouldn't hold my breath.
It's a Vegas player so I concede you are probably correct in the number of games he will sit, but why should the player that was injured have anything to do with the extent of the suspension? An intentional cheap shot is an intentional cheap shot, especially from a repeat offender, no matter who is on the receiving end. This was a far cry from the Blais incident and deserves a more severe ruling IMHO.
Welcome aboard!

I disagree on one point. Who he hit injured can, and does make a difference at times. Injure one of the elite, drawing card players, and you will almost always get nailed harder than if you injure a run of the mill 3d or 4th liner. At least that's my opinion. The NHL will always protect their wallet first.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:38 pm
T.C. wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:35 pm any clips of this incident for those of us unable to see it?
Don't be silly and look at the puck since the hit was nowhere near it. Direct your eyes to the absolute top of the frame.

what the actual fuck?? was nowhere near the play. he just decided he'd level bozak out of nowhere as they were both in pursuit. no "supplemental discipline"?? this is why i miss reaves. i understand faulk made an attempt but he doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of men. if the league isn't going to handle shit like this, teams should. before it gets ugly.
JMC-STL wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:11 pm
T.C. wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:35 pmany clips of this incident for those of us unable to see it?
Have you considered spending the T.C. Family fortune on launching The BNF Sports Network (BNFSN)? I'd pry open my dusty wallet to become an OG subscriber if The Cap'n was Head of Programming & DPW was Creative Content Coordinator. And The Rev delivering the gameday invocations for Blues Blessings, of course.
hm, that sounds like work. and anyone running any kind of accessible network is subject to the whims of the woke mafia. pass.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:05 am Here is the explanation of why Blais hit was illegal. Now tell me how Stone's hit did not qualify.

Honestly the Blais suspension was completely fine to me. He nailed the guy in the head, that's bad. It's apples and oranges here, but the NHL hides behind the defense of "WELL HE DIDN'T HIT HIM IN THE HEAD WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO?!?!?!" It's dumb.

I think when the department of player safety started, they were genuinely interested in player safety and making a difference in how the game was played. To a large degree they've done that. You don't any brutal headshots in the style of Messier on Modano or Stevens on Kariya/Lindros anymore. The problem is DOPS has just hung the "Mission Accomplished" banner and doesn't give a crap anymore. Their primary focus now is having a defense for any appeals. The degree to which they avoid any situation where they might lose an appeal is insane. Ask yourself this, when was the last time they handed out a 1 game suspension? They almost never do it because they don't want to lose an appeal and have it wiped away. They're cowards who's priorty has shifted into covering their own asses.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:29 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:05 am Here is the explanation of why Blais hit was illegal. Now tell me how Stone's hit did not qualify.

Honestly the Blais suspension was completely fine to me. He nailed the guy in the head, that's bad. It's apples and oranges here, but the NHL hides behind the defense of "WELL HE DIDN'T HIT HIM IN THE HEAD WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO?!?!?!" It's dumb.

I think when the department of player safety started, they were genuinely interested in player safety and making a difference in how the game was played. To a large degree they've done that. You don't any brutal headshots in the style of Messier on Modano or Stevens on Kariya/Lindros anymore. The problem is DOPS has just hung the "Mission Accomplished" banner and doesn't give a crap anymore. Their primary focus now is having a defense for any appeals. The degree to which they avoid any situation where they might lose an appeal is insane. Ask yourself this, when was the last time they handed out a 1 game suspension? They almost never do it because they don't want to lose an appeal and have it wiped away. They're cowards who's priorty has shifted into covering their own asses.
My point is that Stone's hit qualifies as dirty under the same conditions noted in the video.