FTP: Blues @ Vegas 01/26/2021

Next win, next FTP!

The original thread link is here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... s.2800768/

Page number: 1

I got that game 3 weeks ago and nobody has played it since Christmas!
1st big test of the season. 6 gimme games vs the Ducks and Yotes without OEL.

I was making fun of you... well your GDT record in the last one.

Am I the only one who was low key hoping we would ride the No GDT Wave for as long as it paid off?
I mean, after 10 games or so, The Game 5 thread would start looking like a Blackhawks GDT.....

Yeah no offense but delet this Hangman

We could do one GDT for the whole month of February
We might get a part 2.

Well I should wake up in time for this one

Glass out for Future NHL legend Kolesar still.

If the Knights lose, Hangman has to make a my little pony themed gdt for the next game.

Why would you incentivize him to want failure for VGK?

The game is in Vegas, why is it at 6? Sucks for the people I know that don't get off until 8.

Imagine though what that is subjecting us to. A string of uneventful 1-0 wins where we are saved by MAF's best friends in the world, the goalposts. Not sure that's a world I want to live in...

I'll sign up this second for a month of boring 1-0 wins.

Cryptic tweet by Friedman that coaching staff is isolated and McK will serve head coaching duties and presumably have HSK coaching staff. Anyone else heard anything about this?

Might as well just postpone the game.

How much does DeBore really contribute from the bench though.

This is just a ploy for GMKM to get his much needed Manitoba fix.
C-coach, why are you sniffing me

Maybe we'll get a more free wheeling power play now.

McCrimmon will put Koli on the top PP unit now.

It doesn't get much worse than it's been.

Page number: 2

FWIW, Kelly has coached Wheat Knights a bunch, including seasons with Stone, Reavo, & Schenn.

Would you equate benchwork with boys to benchwork at NHL level? not calling you out, I'm actually curious how one lends to the other

We're in the Kolesar era

Knights 9
Blue 1

This is where the legend begins.
"The Real Thing" Coca Kolesar is the refreshment we need.
He lights the lamp three times.

Kolesar is going to score 4 goals tonight.

Gotta start somewhere, Pete went directly from a CHL HC gig to being Florida's HC.
Watch our PP finally work and scoring on every opportunity.

If our PP scores i vote we permanently keep them away from the coaching staff

Curious why Glass, Cody is still out...? They are really taking this season seriously no? This sport in general. The young man should be refreshing and evolving no? He is such a talent

But, but, but, Kolesar might get claimed! Who else could replace Reaves when he retires?!
Robin takes the net, as predicted, hopefully he's back in the groove of things.

Going into this game, Bill+Roy are +55% on the dot, Stepho just under 54, and Nosek just above 49, have a feeling that will go down.

That was a scary first shot.

TUCH IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

TUCKY!

Sigh

Why is McCrimmon wearing a dust mask? Does he do drywall in his spare time?

Flower needs to teach Panda how to seal a post

Lehner continues to be poor.

Whitecloud keeps getting better, love it.

If we clone Alex Tuch, does his clone count against the cap?

He's on the taxi squad until he learns how to be like his original.

PK.... Do a shorty.

Page number: 3

Fleury > Lehner

Just wanted to say Tuch is the most underrated player in the NHL

Ping!

I raise you Riley Smith

holy shit pull him

Martinez has been even worse than Lehner tonight.

Lehner looking great tonight!

So MAF the starter again?

Reilly so underrated the people who think of him as underrated even spell his name wrong. Now that's being underrated.
But yeah, Lehner's not been bery good at the start of this season, has he?

Can we call up the goal posts from Henderson? these ones aren't helping the team tonight

I don't understand. We're playing Kolesar. We should be crushing them

Not playing him enough.... Quadrupple shift him.

Drink

That Smith, & Bill play just needed to result in a goal to be perfect.

Decline the powerplay

Decline.....
Also pull the posts.

Drink

"To Marchessault... And he missed the net" story of his season so far.

Ahahaha. This team cannot get it on goal for shit

They can get it on goal no problem. Can't get it in though

Pretty sure they missed the goal four times in a row before Theodore got one into the glove. I only watched the last 5 minutes of that period and I counted at least 6 shots wide.

"He missed the net"
-A Dave Goucher story

Page number: 4

I can't remember when I put this as my signature.... but it seems pretty relevant...
"I'm not saying the Golden Knights have bad aim, I'm just suggesting that maybe stormtroopers could help them with their accuracy."

Marchy has always been a crappy shot. Every once in awhile, he screws up and one goes in. High attempt count leads to decent goal count.

Are you suggesting that they should modify their sticks to always shoot sligthly off from where they're supposed to be shooting? You mad man, that might actually work!

We see if this team has it this year, and if Panda can pull it together

Lol Petro with the nice pass to the Blues forward. Momentarily forgetting what team he plays for.

17 SOG, and 12 misses in the 1st, jesus christ

Patches!

PATCHES!!!!!!!!!

f*** me dead what a play by Stone.

Stone serving it up on a silver platter to the only guy who doesn't miss the net.

Okay now shorty time

PK...

Replace Marchy with a guy who can finish his chances and it's a 8-3 game.

4 on 4 now

Penalty Killed!

Decline the ensuing powerplay

Good hustle by Roy

Marchy didn't miss.

Just me, or has the PP looked better tonight?

Lehner....

Just pull Lehner. He is not there mentally right now.

MAF needs to be the starter now

Page number: 5

Petro sure has been earning those 8.8 dollaroos.

This wasn't pietro's fault. He kept Kerouac on one side of the crease, Lehner just needed to stop it.

Top shelf was available because he dropped below butterfly way before the shot came....
Bad giveaway by Petro but still, Lehner has been bad so far this year and Fleury looks on point.

I'm talking more than that one moment.
Hopefully he gets better as things go along.

PK....

Can a mod in here please make our GDT over in HFBlues live? I'll love you forever.

As soon as the game is tied

Done.... now let in two goals and I won't have to unlive later GDTs

Thank you sir. With the Blues defense playing the way they've been this season you might have a deal.

Yeah but all our offense can do is hit the post or miss.... you might need to fire it in yourself

Actually if we trade goalies for just one period, I think we've got this.

Tuch is such bull, Love seeing him force is way through.

I wish he were a little less bull and a little more swan lake hippo.

Blues have 2 more SOG than we have missed shots... Yeaaaah...

It took Mark Stone fighting Borat for Tuch to get into the top 6 again.
And he looked dangerous.

Kolesar's mere aura helped Tuch's play, of course.

Decline!!!!!!!

Another shot Marchy hasn't missed.... must be a record.

Power kill followed by a Penalty Kill.

lol.
Killed.

That was a penalty? Lol ok

Oh good, it seems like we have forgotten how to pass.

McCrimmon worst coach of all time.

Too much man

Page number: 6

I haven't seen Hague on the ice in a while. He's either hurt or benched.

Maybe they can get Joel Ward off the bench to help score

Need to sit Kolesar - brings zip

Decline.

5 on 3.... cool even more not scoring for us to watch.

I'm calling a 5 on 3 shortie

Patches! We can definitely tie this

I'm calling for a review.... because

Nice snipe

Oops.

f***! Tuch so close

Binnington swimming and we can't sink it.

Win or lose this is IMO the best game they've played thus far. Just put themselves in a bad spot with a couple really bad giveaways and lost the goalie battle.

Send the posts down!

That was BEAUTIFUL! Max Hatcioretty

We did it!!

It's Patch Trick!!!!!!!!!!

Hat trick! But no fans to throw hats.

That was an absolutely beautiful display of passing.

Deserved.

Patches trying to teach Marchy by example on what you do with prime scoring opportunities.

I like a man who keeps up his end!

Color me shocked, OT vs the Blues.

I wasn't worried for a second

I'll take the point, thank you very much.

Page number: 7

Hague and Kolesar have played a combined 13 minutes. Really worth sitting Glass just to play 5 D anyways. Haven't heard anything about Hague being hurt on the broadcast.

Pietrangelo come get the winner

Patches four goal night incoming. I've been wrong before tonight so...probably going to shootout

Petro in no man's land

I don't believe in hatred.
But I really hate Binnington's glove hand

The way Tuch has been going how does he not get a shift in OT?

VGK player management still in full form

Are you f***en kidding me!

Another post are you f***ing kidding me

Lehner is terrible in SO

What a game though. This would make a fun playoff series.

Put flower in the SO
guaranteed loss coming otherwise

I hate post

Post, of course

f***ing posts..

How does a team hit the post 7 times in one game? LOL

Wow...

TEDDY!!!!

Almost another post.

Good point with a ****ty goalie in.

Post for Vezina

Post/Lehner cost us an extra point, but pretty great game the Knights played otherwise.

We lost..... well tied in actually hockey. But those posts need to be sent down to Hendersson.

Lehner was the Blues best player

This is what I was worried about with Lehner. That was a weak performance in the SO.

Page number: 8

We will see them again with Flower in net.

This team needs to f***ing stop the switch goalie every f***ing game pattern.
Pick one and keep with him.
Lehner may be just a goalie who does better when he consistently plays. Not this play one sit one bullshit.
I sometimes hate how this team is run.
The thing they are doing now is going to cost us points and it looks like it already did.

One of our best games. Bad luck.

Both goalies need to get several games in a row to get comfortable. This will happen to Flower as well down the road.

After this **** show, you're defending Lehner as needing to play all the games? Thats why he was so bad today?

Lehner did really well last season when he was switching with Fleury fwiw. Is Lehner even used to that big of a workload?

I am not really defending him. My point is some goalies may need a couple of games in a row to get into rhythm.
I am willing to bet that Fleury will also start looking like shit if they keep on doing this goalie pattern.
I am saying they need to stick with a goalie for a couple of games rather than keeping on switching them in and out.

He had a good chunk of the season under his belt by that point, and he did say he doesn't like sharing #1 duties.

The coaching staff is making the best out of a stupid f***ing situation Mcrimmon put them in with regards to the goalie situation. Both goalies should not be on the roster, but since they are you need to get them reps.
And FFS if you're going to dress Hague just to plaster him to the bench what is the point?

Why does it feel like every game the Knights have played against the Blues ended up in the Knights coming back from a 2 goal deficit?
I feel like this always happens when the Knights play the Blues.

Lets not forget Whitecloud played only 13 minutes, Hague wasn't the only one sitting.
But remember: Kelly+HSK were coaching.

I doubt anyone likes sharing #1 duties because there is a chance your competition can beat you out and become the #1 guy. That happened with Fleury last year and we saw how well he took it.
He did very well after the long break fwiw. And his workload the past couple of seasons hasn't been that high.
Subban had much longer breaks between games. He would go a month without playing while Lehner has played 4 games in less than 2 weeks.
I thought everyone said rotating 2 goalies was an advantage when both goalies are good. If it's not, what is the solution assuming we keep both goalies? If the solution is to play Lehner more, will he get worn out? Will Fleury show a lot of rust when he plays? Doesn't seem like there is another great solution. Last year with Subban, some fans said the solution was to not play Subban at all.

As far as i know, i only recall management/coaching saying something like this.
Yes, it is good to have 2 good goalies.
But i really don't think it is good to keep on switching them out game after game. At some point you need to allow one of them to get into a rhythm.
Now is the time to pick one and stick with him for a couple of games. If Fleury plays well next game, he gets the start the game after.
But this is what happens when you have a lot of money tied to goaltending. You have to use them and i doubt Lehner will be happy with once again sitting on the bench.

On the bright side, Shea is still at a point per game. Thought that was neat.

Damn Shea Weber is a point per game?
Pretty good for a 35 year old.
Wait a minute, you meant Shea Theodore didn't you?

Yes, he was the man in Buffalo for a few years.

He let in one bad goal. Fleury got two posts to help him before. He had to make better and more saves tonight than Fleury did in a shutout. It's far from a shit show. Especially with the team playing with a coaching issue two hours prior to puck drop.

We grew into the game. Lehner let in a bad first goal, the rest weren't on him but he could have possibly saved one to bail the team out. He did bail them out with some other great saves as well or we don't get a point or to a shootout. Why didn't Pacioretty get a shot?
Seven or eight posts, considering the drama to start the game and a coaching staff that probably didn't help much considering the circumstances, I'm happy with their final two periods.
Do we need to make a trade if Stone is suspended? I'm not sure about the particulars of day to day cap but if we can't even hold Glass and Kolesar on the roster for a single day, then how can we do it if Stone is suspended? He still counts toward the cap.

Isn't Pacioretty still on a fifty goal pace? Lol.

Nah brah, not one bad goal. He was ass tonight. He should have stopped at least 2 of the 4 (where he didn't seal the post and the shot from the top of the circle), possibly a third (the one Pietro lost that he inexplicably decided to dive in for a poke check). In fact, there was a shot at the end where he failed to seal the post again, but thankfully the shot came in high enough to hit his torso. If it would have been lower where the gaping hole was between his knees and the post, we would have lost in regulation.

Sure, but that was 3 years ago.

Always go with the hot hand, especially when facing a good team. You look at the schedule and assume your #1 gets those starts, so the order should have been reversed IMO.
I would have done MAF-Lehner-MAF-MAF-Lehner-Lehner-Lehner-Lehner unless you need to go back to Fleury. Both goalies get back to back games against the Coyotes to get them ready. It could have just as easily been Fleury struggling too.