Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs SJ Sharks - 1/20 8:00 - TV:FSMW Radio:101.1

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:51 am
MattyIce wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:41 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:08 am Positives....Faulk was our best dman again. Kyrou was a beast for most of the game. I thought Dunn played well.
Negatives - Thomas needs to get going...had a great first game in Colorado but not noticeable enough the last 3 games. I’m going to equate this to no chemistry yet with his line.
Krug has been just ok.....a little disappointing for me. He doesn’t look like the Torey Krug we saw in Boston but new team so he gets benefit of the doubt.
One guy who doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt....Zach fucking Sanford. What is it with this guy always needing a fire lit under his ass to get him going? Bortz is hurt so that probably prevents getting an ass kicking in practice but man he is a frustrating player to watch. He will score a couple of goals this weekend against the Kings which will lead to even more frustration with me.
You are right on with everything. Kyrou was buzzing last night. And Faulk has been everywhere. He had a couple nice hits last night and was pitching in every shift. He has been the best d-man by far.
Dunn is right there with Sanford for me. He seems like he is just going through the motions out there. I hate when guys show that they have the skill, but choose not to use it every night.
But back to Sanford, you are right, he has a multi goal game coming soon that will keep him in the lineup indefinitely. Meanwhile, Sunny scores a couple goals in game one and gets promptly sent back to the 4th line.
As much as I love Dunn, I think his days are likely numbered. There will be several teams out there that will just let him play his game and they will benefit. It’s already a trade that I know we won’t win so it is what is it is.
I have been a big Dunn fan, but I'm starting to think that the issue isn't the blues misusing him. I mean, the Blues play a style that encourages d-men to pinch in a play an offensive game. Especially while on a bridge deal, I thought he would be playing with a little more fire to start the year.
KA-KAW!

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:08 am Positives....Faulk was our best dman again. Kyrou was a beast for most of the game. I thought Dunn played well.
Negatives - Thomas needs to get going...had a great first game in Colorado but not noticeable enough the last 3 games. I’m going to equate this to no chemistry yet with his line.
Krug has been just ok.....a little disappointing for me. He doesn’t look like the Torey Krug we saw in Boston but new team so he gets benefit of the doubt.
One guy who doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt....Zach fucking Sanford. What is it with this guy always needing a fire lit under his ass to get him going? Bortz is hurt so that probably prevents getting an ass kicking in practice but man he is a frustrating player to watch. He will score a couple of goals this weekend against the Kings which will lead to even more frustration with me.
Agree with everything!!!

Sanford's nuts. You're in the NHL, show like you want the fuck'n job. He finally convinced me he has ability. But I've been 100% right the whole time that he's a fuck'n moron.

Thomas worries me a little. Will he take the next step or just be a 45-50 point player? He should be so much more.

MattyIce wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:01 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:51 am
MattyIce wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:41 am

You are right on with everything. Kyrou was buzzing last night. And Faulk has been everywhere. He had a couple nice hits last night and was pitching in every shift. He has been the best d-man by far.
Dunn is right there with Sanford for me. He seems like he is just going through the motions out there. I hate when guys show that they have the skill, but choose not to use it every night.
But back to Sanford, you are right, he has a multi goal game coming soon that will keep him in the lineup indefinitely. Meanwhile, Sunny scores a couple goals in game one and gets promptly sent back to the 4th line.
As much as I love Dunn, I think his days are likely numbered. There will be several teams out there that will just let him play his game and they will benefit. It’s already a trade that I know we won’t win so it is what is it is.
I have been a big Dunn fan, but I'm starting to think that the issue isn't the blues misusing him. I mean, the Blues play a style that encourages d-men to pinch in a play an offensive game. Especially while on a bridge deal, I thought he would be playing with a little more fire to start the year.
I think he’s so concerned with making a mistake that it affects his game. He holds back more often than not because he wants to avoid Berube’s dog house.
It’s easy to see when Dunn is playing confident and I just haven’t seen that from him yet 4 games in.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP. wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:02 am
Agree with everything!!!

Sanford's nuts. You're in the NHL, show like you want the fuck'n job. He finally convinced me he has ability. But I've been 100% right the whole time that he's a fuck'n moron.

Thomas worries me a little. Will he take the next step or just be a 45-50 point player? He should be so much more.
All I want to see from Thomas is more urgency and determination in his game. The skill is there, but the mindset doesn’t match what he’s capable of.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I love Thomas and Dunn, and believe both can be stars. But just for shits and giggles, if Army wants to take a shot, how about Thomas, Dunn, and something for Dubois. We haven’t had a player like Dubois, but he will be a superstar. Plus we have too many bodies heading in to the expansion draft, so trading 2 or 3 for one isn’t a bad idea.

I think the Rangers have a ton of young, high-end talent and will probably end up with Dubois, but Jarmo is a weird guy, so who knows what he wants in a trade. Maybe if Dunn takes his shirt off for him, Jarmo will develop another awkward man crush and make that trade!

Matangama wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:13 pm I love Thomas and Dunn, and believe both can be stars. But just for shits and giggles, if Army wants to take a shot, how about Thomas, Dunn, and something for Dubois. We haven’t had a player like Dubois, but he will be a superstar. Plus we have too many bodies heading in to the expansion draft, so trading 2 or 3 for one isn’t a bad idea.

I think the Rangers have a ton of young, high-end talent and will probably end up with Dubois, but Jarmo is a weird guy, so who knows what he wants in a trade. Maybe if Dunn takes his shirt off for him, Jarmo will develop another awkward man crush and make that trade!
I don't think I make that deal for PLD. I think he still has too much left to prove that he will be a #1C.

I will add a 1st if that's what it takes to add to those two for Barkov. And if that's not enough, I'm tempted to keep adding.