Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Colorado - 9:00 1/13 - TV:NBCSN Radio:101.1

BillP. wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:12 am Faulk a plus 3 tonight. I think Blues D will be just fine. Especially if forwards stick to system.
Unfortunately people willl never see how good he is. All they will focus on are his mistakes.....the same mistakes that other Blues dmen make and get a pass.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:40 am
BillP. wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:12 am Faulk a plus 3 tonight. I think Blues D will be just fine. Especially if forwards stick to system.
Unfortunately people willl never see how good he is. All they will focus on are his mistakes.....the same mistakes that other Blues dmen make and get a pass.
I thought he had a good game, I think the mustache really helps. I think the D as a whole had a few brutal turnovers, but they were largely rust related execution errors to my eye. I'm just curious to see if Bortuzzo rotates out after taking a couple penalties. If I were an impartial fan watching last night, my big concern for either team's D corp would've been wondering if the Avs D will hold up all season or if they're just going to get pushed around like they did last night.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP and I have been talking and named him the number 1 guy we are rooting for this year on a personal basis. The dude got shit on all year last year. A bit of it was warranted, but a ton of it wasn't.
KA-KAW!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:12 am
I thought he had a good game, I think the mustache really helps. I think the D as a whole had a few brutal turnovers, but they were largely rust related execution errors to my eye. I'm just curious to see if Bortuzzo rotates out after taking a couple penalties. If I were an impartial fan watching last night, my big concern for either team's D corp would've been wondering if the Avs D will hold up all season or if they're just going to get pushed around like they did last night.
He looks like John Oates from Hall and Oates if Oates was a Lincoln county tow truck driver .
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:24 am 10:30 starts on the east coast are brutal. Only caught the first but damn, they looked really good that period. They were playing aggressive Berube hockey. Barely even noticed Mackinnon during that period, which is impressive. Scandella also looked good to me, which I was a bit worried about him after his play in the bubble honestly.
Not only did I worry about Scandella after The Blues' terrible play during The Bubble, but I worried about the whole Blues team. It seems that, for whatever reason, they simply weren't ready to play when play returned, and just couldn't turn the energy back on. Maybe they were fighting of illness, or they just forgot that you have to play hard to win, because they were Cup Champs, and had recently dominated play during the last 3rd of the regular season, so that result would occur again, just by them stepping out onto the ice.

But last night they were ready, and they executed Berube's plan well, and they shut down The Avs' top line, kept The Avs mostly to the outside, and took advantage on offence when they were given openings. And this was without Hoffman. Krug fit in well already, which is a great sign, given the limited time he's had to practise with his teammates. Scandella looked solid. The "Sundqvist On The Rise" returned. That, and the addition of Hoffman, makes The Blues' forward depth really give The Blues a lot of different line options, and really makes a solid Top 9 - for 3 very solid scoring lines, and a relatively high-scoring 4th Line. They'll still be able to score adequately to compete with the top teams even if a scorer or two get injured or get exposed to a Covid carrier and have to stay out of the lineup for awhile. I'm not thrilled with Bortuzzo playing against fast skating offences. I think he's lost stride ("step") from his speed of 2 years ago. I'm hoping that Mikkola can really improve with more play, and break out into a reliable role as a regular. All in all, I'm confident that the defence will play adequately, and the offence will be better than last season. So, I think The Blues will be in the wider top contending group. However, I don't think they could be considered one of the top 2 or 3 teams in The NHL. It is time for Parayko to take another step forward, and become an all-of-the-time difference maker, instead of a part-time "star". Binnington needs to keep up the level of play he exhibited last night all year, and Husso needs to play well, consistently, to give The Blues the level of backup play they got from Allen (the past 2 seasons), so Binnington won't get overused during the regular season. Kyrou looked good. Thomas looked very good. Both of them need to break out to new levels this season. Faulk looked solid last night. If he and Krug can play like that all season, The Blues' defence will not have lost much from the loss of Pietrangelo. If all those things happen, The Blues will be one of the top contenders.

Hey guys, been gone a long time, fuck 2020, fuck covid, really glad hockey is back, hope you are all well.

Happy with the way the Blues played for sure. First game back against a good fast offensive team, and they not only held, but looked good for much of the game. Great first game.

Last, Doug Armstrong is an absolute beast. Never play cards with that man. We traded Pie for Hoffma, TK, and Clifford. Unbelievable!

39hurricane wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:21 pm Hey guys, been gone a long time, fuck 2020, fuck covid, really glad hockey is back, hope you are all well.

Happy with the way the Blues played for sure. First game back against a good fast offensive team, and they not only held, but looked good for much of the game. Great first game.

Last, Doug Armstrong is an absolute beast. Never play cards with that man. We traded Pie for Hoffma, TK, and Clifford. Unbelievable!
Welcome back! Blues looked playoff ready last night. Course, we’ll see how Friday goes - ha

Robb_K wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:23 pmNot only did I worry about Scandella after The Blues' terrible play during The Bubble, but I worried about the whole Blues team. It seems that, for whatever reason, they simply weren't ready to play when play returned, and just couldn't turn the energy back on. Maybe they were fighting of illness, or they just forgot that you have to play hard to win, because they were Cup Champs, and had recently dominated play during the last 3rd of the regular season, so that result would occur again, just by them stepping out onto the ice.

But last night they were ready, and they executed Berube's plan well, and they shut down The Avs' top line, kept The Avs mostly to the outside, and took advantage on offence when they were given openings. And this was without Hoffman. Krug fit in well already, which is a great sign, given the limited time he's had to practise with his teammates. Scandella looked solid. The "Sundqvist On The Rise" returned. That, and the addition of Hoffman, makes The Blues' forward depth really give The Blues a lot of different line options, and really makes a solid Top 9 - for 3 very solid scoring lines, and a relatively high-scoring 4th Line. They'll still be able to score adequately to compete with the top teams even if a scorer or two get injured or get exposed to a Covid carrier and have to stay out of the lineup for awhile. I'm not thrilled with Bortuzzo playing against fast skating offences. I think he's lost stride ("step") from his speed of 2 years ago. I'm hoping that Mikkola can really improve with more play, and break out into a reliable role as a regular. All in all, I'm confident that the defence will play adequately, and the offence will be better than last season. So, I think The Blues will be in the wider top contending group. However, I don't think they could be considered one of the top 2 or 3 teams in The NHL. It is time for Parayko to take another step forward, and become an all-of-the-time difference maker, instead of a part-time "star". Binnington needs to keep up the level of play he exhibited last night all year, and Husso needs to play well, consistently, to give The Blues the level of backup play they got from Allen (the past 2 seasons), so Binnington won't get overused during the regular season. Kyrou looked good. Thomas looked very good. Both of them need to break out to new levels this season. Faulk looked solid last night. If he and Krug can play like that all season, The Blues' defence will not have lost much from the loss of Pietrangelo. If all those things happen, The Blues will be one of the top contenders.
The Oracle of Bluesland thus spake to us through our high priest Robb_K. Let these prophesies be known to all in this city-state of BNF, as these consultations guide our rulers Be'rube and Army back down along The Sacred Way to their shared destiny.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:55 pm If you missed the first few minutes, it went great besides when it went terribly.
our first experience with trying to watch hockey this season, they forgo showing the start of the blues game for the last few minutes of a blowout chicago game on NBCSN. this is the kind of treatment we should get used to, when we can actually see the games. so over this fucking bullshit.

i caught the first period, enjoyed it quite a bit.

I'm willing to give him a pass on his first year here. I realize last season (seasons? seems like it's been five years since we acquired him) was a weird circumstance. I would have preferred we kept Petro and not bothered with Faulk but it's clear that Petro had demands that were pretty outrageous coming off a cup win. I think we're going to miss JayBo more than Petro honestly. I like Krug but beyond him our LD is kinda meh.

T.C. wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:55 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:55 pm If you missed the first few minutes, it went great besides when it went terribly.
our first experience with trying to watch hockey this season, they forgo showing the start of the blues game for the last few minutes of a blowout chicago game on NBCSN. this is the kind of treatment we should get used to, when we can actually see the games. so over this fucking bullshit.

Posted this in another thread, but wanted to here as well in case someone misses it over there, but download the NBCSports App. Only takes a minute to set up and will bail us out in situations like this in the future. I missed the first minute of the game, but only because I forgot I had the app already.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:05 am

Posted this in another thread, but wanted to here as well in case someone misses it over there, but download the NBCSports App. Only takes a minute to set up and will bail us out in situations like this in the future. I missed the first minute of the game, but only because I forgot I had the app already.
Ditto

Also, if one’s current cable provider doesn’t have FSMW but still would like to watch their StL Blues where would one go? Asking for friends. TIA

Andy
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

Drubilly wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:21 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:05 am

Ditto

Also, if one’s current cable provider doesn’t have FSMW but still would like to watch their StL Blues where would one go? Asking for friends. TIA

Andy
I think if you're in the STL market you'll be SOL unless you go the illegal stream route. If outside STL NHL.TV is your best bet.