Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

There's about to be a serious cap crunch whenever Schenn is ready to return. Kostin's cap hit doesn't count right now because he's technically an emergency recall, but that won't last forever. Brown is unlikely to be sent down, so I wonder if Walman finally gets placed on waivers. He's been the odd man out since Perunovich got called up and Mikkola came into form. He'll have to clear waivers, which isn't a lock by any means, but it seems as though Brown has more of a slot in the lineup than Walman at the moment.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:21 pm There's about to be a serious cap crunch whenever Schenn is ready to return. Kostin's cap hit doesn't count right now because he's technically an emergency recall, but that won't last forever. Brown is unlikely to be sent down, so I wonder if Walman finally gets placed on waivers. He's been the odd man out since Perunovich got called up and Mikkola came into form. He'll have to clear waivers, which isn't a lock by any means, but it seems as though Brown has more of a slot in the lineup than Walman at the moment.
It would seem that someone making considerable money is going to be gone soon....none of the kids make the kind of jack to account for Schenn's contract.... maybe he's the odd man out??? I'm not advocating... just sayin'.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:29 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:21 pm There's about to be a serious cap crunch whenever Schenn is ready to return. Kostin's cap hit doesn't count right now because he's technically an emergency recall, but that won't last forever. Brown is unlikely to be sent down, so I wonder if Walman finally gets placed on waivers. He's been the odd man out since Perunovich got called up and Mikkola came into form. He'll have to clear waivers, which isn't a lock by any means, but it seems as though Brown has more of a slot in the lineup than Walman at the moment.
It would seem that someone making considerable money is going to be gone soon....none of the kids make the kind of jack to account for Schenn's contract.... maybe he's the odd man out??? I'm not advocating... just sayin'.
Schenn isn't the kind of guy you want to let go...!

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:46 pm
Schenn isn't the kind of guy you want to let go...!
Didn't say I did... just wondering who it's gonna be.

They have enough room that he'll fit with just a little salary being dumped I believe. It's not like Schenn was replaced with anyone with significant salary. The problem with the Blues and the cap all season was just that they couldn't call enough guys up when people got hurt/sick. Now that almost everyone is back, they'll have to remove one or two of the smaller salaries...I think.

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:21 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:05 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:48 pm
Crisis averted.

Dump Scandella anyways.
CHief loves #6
Mercifully I don't think that's true anymore. He averaged around 22 minutes a night the first month or so of the season, but has had a high of 16:50 in his last 5 games. Against Edmonton he didn't even crack 13. While the back end is healthy, unless the Blues are in the box all night Scandella is probably going to be a well paid 6th D the rest of his time in STL.