Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

24 is probably the right spot for the Blues. Zero top prospects left really. Bolduc and Neighbors have top 6 upside but I don't see any other top 6 forwards in the pipeline. Hofer is a goalie and they are a coin flip game to game let alone predicting a career. I'm not a fan of our D cupboard at all right now.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:14 am

-Who predicted Barbashev righfully centering the second line with all forwards back at 100% health? What a great year for Barby so far.
-We're a Perunovich away from the full squad.
He's got 15 goals in 38 games right now. You probably could've made a good amount of beer money betting him to score 30 at the beginning of the year.

Good to see Buch back skating.
Just a Russian propaganda account

jfbop37 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:37 am I could definitely see 27, 50, 90, and 91 all getting their numbers raised.
I think those are the four that have a shot along with 18 if he turns into a perennial all-star and stays for the bulk of his career...so no sure thing. For 50, 90, 91 I think it depends on how long they stick around, and to varying degrees how long they have key roles. I think Petro sees 27 in the rafters eventually, but I'm not sure how soon it'd be after his retirement. Hell it took Pronger 10 years.

If you look at the numbers that are up there already, there are 2 groups; the heart and soul guys that played their entire career (or close to it) with the Blues, and the Hall of Famers that played in St. Louis for a long stretch. I'm not sure any of the Cup team will end up falling into either of those categories, but the Cup will be a pretty nice feather in their cap.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:34 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:18 pm Zach Sanford. Scored the game winning??? cup clinching goal. They’ll have Bortuzzo in the rafters like WCW sting and punch the banner when it gets there
You can't change the rules just to set up a punchline. Leave the comedy to The Cap'n & his Binner nomination. #27 Forever!
I am rewriting history to raise his lore!

BluesSK wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:29 am I think in order to have your number retired it should be a player who gives everything to the team and fans of the Blues and is an amazing one of a kind player. Very rare quality.

Maybe Tarasenko if he stays. Maybe O'Reilly if he brings us another Cup.
I also think 91 and 90 are just easy numbers to retire.

Side note, is there a player whose number isn't retired that you think should be? #38?

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:07 am
BluesSK wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:29 am I think in order to have your number retired it should be a player who gives everything to the team and fans of the Blues and is an amazing one of a kind player. Very rare quality.

Maybe Tarasenko if he stays. Maybe O'Reilly if he brings us another Cup.
I also think 91 and 90 are just easy numbers to retire.

Side note, is there a player whose number isn't retired that you think should be? #38?
I like being extremely stingy with retired numbers. 38 is interesting. It's already unofficially retired as no player has worn it since his death. 14 had a similar situation when Wickenheiser passed, though it took a couple years as Courtnall was already wearing. Eric Boguniecki oddly wore it for about 9 games before swapping it for 33.

Unless you do something with 38, I couldn't find anyone else that rises to the standard necessary for retirement.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!