Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:56 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:36 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:07 pm Anyone else thinking the Blues will leave Tarasenko unprotected in the expansion draft?
Doesnt he have a NTC?

IIRC Players with NTC/NMC's are automatically protected/count as one of the 11 skaters you can protect?
Only NMC are required to be protected. No trade guys are up for grabs.
AHHHH thanks for the clarification Dread
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:56 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:36 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:07 pm Anyone else thinking the Blues will leave Tarasenko unprotected in the expansion draft?
Doesnt he have a NTC?

IIRC Players with NTC/NMC's are automatically protected/count as one of the 11 skaters you can protect?
Only NMC are required to be protected. No trade guys are up for grabs.
AHHHH thanks for the clarification Dread
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

barnburner wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:42 pm
Rivermanfan wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:52 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:47 pm Bon Voyage.

That makes sense for him. He really didn't have a role here. I guess we can officially say that Detroit won the trade.
I'd call it a draw, since the other guy wasn't going to play here.
Yeah, but that might of been a Berube thing. If the Blues crash and burn next year, then I see him being gone. It's the last year of his deal right? If this team ends up rebuilding then I don't see Berube part of it.

So Kerbs says Blues are looking for a top line LW in trade or UFA. I get that's a need but is he just fine with our D?

Parayko can surely play much better but the rest of these guys are what they are. Faulk is fine, but Krug, Dunn, Scandella, Bortz, and the rest of them are not going to improve their game much. Seriously disappointed how gutted our blueline is since 2019.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:37 pm So Kerbs says Blues are looking for a top line LW in trade or UFA. I get that's a need but is he just fine with our D?

Parayko can surely play much better but the rest of these guys are what they are. Faulk is fine, but Krug, Dunn, Scandella, Bortz, and the rest of them are not going to improve their game much. Seriously disappointed how gutted our blueline is since 2019.
Got to believe DA is going to redo that defense. He has to.......................this could be a great off season if DA feels the urgency to make moves. And he just might. This team's window is shrinking. After this, it's back to the Andy Murray days and come grow with us :)

ratonmono wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:37 pm So Kerbs says Blues are looking for a top line LW in trade or UFA. I get that's a need but is he just fine with our D?

I wonder how much depends on what happens with the expansion draft. If Dunn ends up in Seattle, I think that exacerbates the need to add on D. How much do they think Mikkola can bring next year? Really I think a big need on the backend is a guy that can kill penalties. They finished 25th in PK% this season, and though a small sample size against a great team, only killed 50% in the playoffs. That's a yikes for me.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

He will definitely do something to the defense....too many pieces, but not the right ones, maybe. But let’s remember, you can’t blame Armstrong for Parayko being hurt, for Bouwmeester almost dying, and signing Petro to an 8-year deal at $8 million+ would be a disaster. So I’ll give Army another summer to tweak the defense a little more and see if he can make it work a little better.

Matangama wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:57 pm He will definitely do something to the defense....too many pieces, but not the right ones, maybe. But let’s remember, you can’t blame Armstrong for Parayko being hurt, for Bouwmeester almost dying, and signing Petro to an 8-year deal at $8 million+ would be a disaster. So I’ll give Army another summer to tweak the defense a little more and see if he can make it work a little better.
Disagree completely on Petro. I’d rather have him for 8 at 8 than Krug for more than 5 for any number of years.

I don’t blame him for Bo or Parayko getting hurt. I do blame him for signing Krug.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:27 pm
Matangama wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:57 pm He will definitely do something to the defense....too many pieces, but not the right ones, maybe. But let’s remember, you can’t blame Armstrong for Parayko being hurt, for Bouwmeester almost dying, and signing Petro to an 8-year deal at $8 million+ would be a disaster. So I’ll give Army another summer to tweak the defense a little more and see if he can make it work a little better.
Disagree completely on Petro. I’d rather have him for 8 at 8 than Krug for more than 5 for any number of years.

I don’t blame him for Bo or Parayko getting hurt. I do blame him for signing Krug.
It’s not like Krug was bad. Players come and go...Petro makes zero difference in us getting swept by the Avs or whoever would have beaten us in the first round. For whatever reason...the boys didn’t want play this post season. It’s evident in that pic floating around like 2 two days after the playoffs ended. Several of them around a pool in Vegas...drinks in hand and a look of complete happiness. Those boys for whatever reason couldn’t wait to get away.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:52 pm
ratonmono wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:27 pm

It’s not like Krug was bad. Players come and go...Petro makes zero difference in us getting swept by the Avs or whoever would have beaten us in the first round. For whatever reason...the boys didn’t want play this post season. It’s evident in that pic floating around like 2 two days after the playoffs ended. Several of them around a pool in Vegas...drinks in hand and a look of complete happiness. Those boys for whatever reason couldn’t wait to get away.
Petro wouldn’t have saved us vs Colorado but going from Petro Parayko Bouw Eddy top four to Parayko Faulk Krug Dunn/Scandella is poop. I’m not overly attached to Petro so much as I’m not a fan of Krug at all.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:59 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:54 pm Doesn’t look like they are missing playing any hockey to me.

CA168E4D-DD19-482A-9519-52560233B77D.jpeg
Shirtless Blues players and no Cuba Gooding Jr? Something is amiss...

Also those lads need to work on that upper body strength. Looking scrawny boys! :lol:
Apparently Kyrou is now one of the boys. Not sure what Walman is doing in that pic though...he hasn’t proved anything yet!
I don’t blame them though. I think it’s just another Covid year ...it doesn’t really matter. Next year though if it’s another first round exit it’s gonna be ugly.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:54 pm Doesn’t look like they are missing playing any hockey to me.

Guys, quit criticizing Krug. He's so dedicated to his craft and the team that it seems this pic is literally the first time he's ever been in the sun before.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

By the way, and not to be rude......but since I can be on this site - does the fat girl with the black bottoms, over Walman’s shoulder, look like she is topless? I didn’t want to ask that when I saw this picture on Facebook. Regardless, maybe the boys should realize that they have to settle for a sausage-fest when they get smoked in the first round.

Matangama wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:07 pm

By the way, and not to be rude......but since I can be on this site - does the fat girl with the black bottoms, over Walman’s shoulder, look like she is topless? I didn’t want to ask that when I saw this picture on Facebook. Regardless, maybe the boys should realize that they have to settle for a sausage-fest when they get smoked in the first round.
That’s no chic....that’s Vladi! :P

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Matangama wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:07 pmBy the way, and not to be rude......but since I can be on this site - does the fat girl with the black bottoms, over Walman’s shoulder, look like she is topless? I didn’t want to ask that when I saw this picture on Facebook. ...
I have performed a thorough image analysis, and determined that her back roll was hiding the thin strap of her bikini top. Mystery solved - next!

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:34 pm
Matangama wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:07 pm

That’s no chic....that’s Vladi! :P
Tim, if you post that comment in the Asylum and give Bleeder a little stiffy, I will hunt you down!

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:43 pm
Matangama wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:07 pmBy the way, and not to be rude......but since I can be on this site - does the fat girl with the black bottoms, over Walman’s shoulder, look like she is topless? I didn’t want to ask that when I saw this picture on Facebook. ...
I have performed a thorough image analysis, and determined that her back roll was hiding the thin strap of her bikini top. Mystery solved - next!
I’m hoping you’re right.....and also hoping it’s not a dude!

Regarding the chubby girl; you get ousted in the first round you get ousted in the first round quality. 10s are for champs.

I can see the players being less than enthused with these last two seasons. Until the crowds started showing up in force the games were blah. Next year the games start counting again. We're still the rightful defending champs of real regular seasons!