Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

Blues allowing (very) limited number of fans at opening homestand
Jim Thomas 4 hrs ago (11 Jan 2021)

There will be fans, after all, in Enterprise Center at the start of the Blues hockey season. But just a few of them.

The team announced Monday that it will invite a limited number of frontline workers, as well as families and friends of players, staff and team employees, to attend games during the Blues’ first homestand. The home opener is Jan. 18 against San Jose.

The number of fans in attendance will be limited to “fewer than 300” according to the team. ...

Read more at: https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/ ... 7a06f.html

i thought walman showed well last (full) year too and they sent him down. hope he can make it back at some point. and i hear you about mack, but he's cheap and effective at what he does. i think DLR has a bigger potential upside, but you don't ice potential. so i get the sentiment.

T.C. wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:03 pm i thought walman showed well last (full) year too and they sent him down. hope he can make it back at some point. and i hear you about mack, but he's cheap and effective at what he does. i think DLR has a bigger potential upside, but you don't ice potential. so i get the sentiment.
Yeah I think DLR has more to his game. Mac has just about maxed out i think. You need guys that know and accept that role though, so he's a good 13th-14th forward.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:08 pm Anyone here heard or read whether the team will have a morning session @ Centene Ice on Tuesday before leaving for Colorado? I was wondering whether they'd clear out before noon.
From the link you posted haha

The Blues had an off day Monday but return to the ice Tuesday with a noon skate at Centene Community Ice Center before flying off to Denver. They’ll open the 2020-21 season on Wednesday against Stan Kroenke’s Colorado Avalanche.
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:36 pm
T.C. wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:03 pm i thought walman showed well last (full) year too and they sent him down. hope he can make it back at some point. and i hear you about mack, but he's cheap and effective at what he does. i think DLR has a bigger potential upside, but you don't ice potential. so i get the sentiment.
Yeah I think DLR has more to his game. Mac has just about maxed out i think. You need guys that know and accept that role though, so he's a good 13th-14th forward.
Yeah, DLR has proven to be an effective penalty killer, so would prefer him over MacMac.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:33 am Easiest potential suspension to serve ever since he's not even going to play Friday anyway with Hoffman back. Worth the hit, the Blues dominated that first with Toews getting checked out for a concussion.

Easy to serve for the team, a bummer for Sammy to pay. He did nail his head, though not intentionally. I'm he'll sit for a couple.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:33 am Easiest potential suspension to serve ever since he's not even going to play Friday anyway with Hoffman back. Worth the hit, the Blues dominated that first with Toews getting checked out for a concussion.

I don't think that he went back there looking to make a hit to the head, he went back there to play the puck. He would have to give up his position to avoid the hit.... Could he have done that??? Maybe but Toews had his head down, and was equally responsible for the hit... and yes, I'd say that if the situation was reversed.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:45 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:37 pm I think it was a terrible hit. He could have avoided it. In today’s NHL that’s a suspendable hit.
Bring on the ice-dancing.
It is what it is....another 50 years and hitting will probably be illegal
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:08 pm

I don't think that he went back there looking to make a hit to the head, he went back there to play the puck. He would have to give up his position to avoid the hit.... Could he have done that??? Maybe but Toews had his head down, and was equally responsible for the hit... and yes, I'd say that if the situation was reversed.
You can't hit guys in the head. Doesn't matter if the other guy's head is down. He got some chest/body, but I assume they probably see the head as the principal point of contact.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:57 pm

You can't hit guys in the head. Doesn't matter if the other guy's head is down. He got some chest/body, but I assume they probably see the head as the principal point of contact.
It always looks easier to judge from a distance than from the playing surface... the zebras gave him 2 and that's all. I don't want him playing any different... it was a split second play with two guys competing for the puck... if Sammy got dinged instead of Toews I wouldn't feel any different.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:20 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:57 pm

It always looks easier to judge from a distance than from the playing surface... the zebras gave him 2 and that's all. I don't want him playing any different... it was a split second play with two guys competing for the puck... if Sammy got dinged instead of Toews I wouldn't feel any different.
Yeah I get it, I'm just telling you he's probably getting suspended for playing it that way.