Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

Rivermanfan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:15 am I heard a discussion on NHL Tonight last night about the top D pairs in the NHL right now. Guess who #1 was? Our own Faulk/Krug line, 0 even strength goals in over 100 even strength minutes on the ice and are +12 and +11 respectively. Nobody expected those 2 to be our shutdown pair!!
That is good news. Problem is someone is constantly in the penalty box and our PK is 69%. To put that in context, the best season long PP percent since 1950 was the 78-79 Canadians at 31.9%. So pretty much the Blues have made the 2021 Western Division collectively look like the best Power Play in NHL history. This team goes nowhere until it gets its special teams worked out.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:41 am
Rivermanfan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:15 am I heard a discussion on NHL Tonight last night about the top D pairs in the NHL right now. Guess who #1 was? Our own Faulk/Krug line, 0 even strength goals in over 100 even strength minutes on the ice and are +12 and +11 respectively. Nobody expected those 2 to be our shutdown pair!!
That is good news. Problem is someone is constantly in the penalty box and our PK is 69%. To put that in context, the best season long PP percent since 1950 was the 78-79 Canadians at 31.9%. So pretty much the Blues have made the 2021 Western Division collectively look like the best Power Play in NHL history. This team goes nowhere until it gets its special teams worked out.
If it's Montgomery's problem to fix he hasn't done too well at it.

I've been very impressed with those two this season. My biggest fear was that our top D pair would take a big hit after Petro left, but so far so good. Now our PK on the other hand... woof.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:23 pm
I've been very impressed with those two this season. My biggest fear was that our top D pair would take a big hit after Petro left, but so far so good. Now our PK on the other hand... woof.
Torey Krug has been interesting because I feel like the consensus of a lot of the fan base in him has been underwhelming but the stats say otherwise. At least the ES ones. Only two points on the power play for him has been disappointing but certainly he isn't the only one footing the blame for having the 27th ranked PP.
Just a Russian propaganda account