Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:53 pm I want some opinions here.

I feel Winnipeg and Dallas were a tougher duo to face for the Blues during their Cup run as opposed to the possible upcoming tandem matchup of Vegas/Colorado.

Thoughts?
I think the overall talent on Vegas and Colorado is far superior to that of either of those two teams. Dallas and the Jets played a physical game but don't have the absolute game breakers that a team like Colorado has, especially Dallas.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:23 am

I feel Winnipeg and Dallas were a tougher duo to face for the Blues during their Cup run as opposed to the possible upcoming tandem matchup of Vegas/Colorado.

Thoughts?
I think the overall talent on Vegas and Colorado is far superior to that of either of those two teams. Dallas and the Jets played a physical game but don't have the absolute game breakers that a team like Colorado has, especially Dallas.
Colorado has been together a while....they have the team chemistry, top flight scoring, a veteran back up...they are the team to beat in the West.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:13 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:23 am

Thoughts?
Colorado has been together a while....they have the team chemistry, top flight scoring, a veteran back up...they are the team to beat in the West.
It’s kind of absurd. They’ve lost 9 games all season. The Blues have lost 9 games just in their last 12.
Just a Russian propaganda account

I like the schedule changes that the NHL has made. Only 3 late starts the rest of the way. At least I don't have to lose sleep to watch them break my heart!! When they were talking about moving the Colorado game to the end of the season, I could just see a repeat of a couple of years ago when the Av's crushed our dreams on the very last day of the season. Ahh good times!!

This is from a power rankings on the Athletic which had the Blues ranked 18th:
It’s crazy how bad this team is at five-on-five considering that was their calling card en route to their 2019 Stanley Cup. St. Louis is bottom 10 in both expected and actual goals this season and is the worst team over the last month in expected goals at 43 percent.
Maybe I don't want them to make the playoffs afterall. Maybe the embarassment of missing out will be better motivation in what will be a shorter than usual offseason with the later than usual start to the playoffs. Sucking at 5v5 is no good at any time, but when your PP and PK rank 15th and 28th, you're toast. For all the talk about the PP being bad, it's the PK that's killing this team. It's an even bigger deal since they take more penalties than their opponents most nights.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:00 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:34 amMaybe I don't want them to make the playoffs afterall. Maybe the embarassment of missing out will be better motivation ...
I wish I had a nickel for every time a Blues fan has expressed that emotion since the mid-1970s. I'd buy this Board & hire you as Chief Motivational Officer (CMO).
First order of business would be to provide this as the official motto of Blues Fandom:
existential dread.jpeg existential dread.jpeg Viewed 9686 times 34.06 KiB
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!