Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

Rivermanfan wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:03 pm It's end of year report card time. It's always interesting to see what how people out of the market rate the team. thehockeywriters.com just posted their end of years report card. Here's a link to the one on Berube, pretty harsh, gave him an F

https://thehockeywriters.com/blues-2020 ... ig-berube/
I will say that Berube deserves his criticism, I thought he did a poor job overall this season. However, there are far more pressing issues with the roster composition and players that can not stay healthy and/or aren't producing like they did two years ago.

barnburner wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:40 pm I remain a Berube fan. Personally, I think he handled Hoffman properly. He made him put out a little effort before promoting him to the top pp unit. That not only sent a message to Hoffman, it it went out to the team. No different than he did with Kyoru. The first move of panic is usually fire the coach. I'm of the opinion that we keep Chief, and set his style of play as the identity of the Blues going forward, much as teams like Boston and philly have established their identity over the years, and drafted and traded to fit that style of play. I could be wrong, but I think Army will be on board with keeping Chief and his style of play. He hired Berube into this organization, and promoted him. Army also hired Hitch, who also promoted physical, defense first hockey.
But then I got to watch a grand total of 1 regular season game, and parts of 3 playof games, so I'm shooting in the dark here.
I think that could be part of the problem. I don’t think it’s about Army getting on board with Chiefs style of play, it’s about Chief showing he has the ability to adapt. If that style of play isn’t working, can he adjust or does he get stubborn.

I’m not calling for his job by any means and still believe in him, but there’s certainly criticism and concerns that I think he’d have of himself too.
Just a Russian propaganda account

ratonmono wrote: I can see them moving Vladdy but I wonder if this is the right time to do it. We moved Oshie at his lowest value and got a very poor return.
I wanted oshie traded soo bad after soshi oshie but army sold low.

He has in his past been shit with contracts but typically been a steal with trades...
Tarasenko for Eichel?
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:30 am
ratonmono wrote: I can see them moving Vladdy but I wonder if this is the right time to do it. We moved Oshie at his lowest value and got a very poor return.

He has in his past been shit with contracts but typically been a steal with trades...
Tarasenko for Eichel?
The Blues have been among the teams listed by insiders as being in on Eichel. Army does like to swing for the fences after all. Tarasenko would almost have to be part of that deal just to make the money work, but there would be more pieces added to it headed to Buffalo. The big question for any team acquiring Eichel is how you feel about his injury (neck I think). It's a tricky deal no matter who makes it.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Tarasenko for Eichel?
I do not wish that on Tarasenko

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:50 am Practice lines from today leave little doubt this will be our lineup Saturday. I didn't expect Walman to be in the top 6, but here we are.

Saad-O’Reilly-Perron
Kyrou-Schenn-Buchnevich
Neal-Thomas-Tarasenko
Neighbours-Bozak-Barbashev

Scandella-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Walman-Bortuzzo
I haven't been the biggest Walman fan over the years, but I'm really happy he's getting a shot to start the year. Also, that might be the best bottom 6 in the league, right?

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:36 am

Tarasenko for Eichel?
The Blues have been among the teams listed by insiders as being in on Eichel. Army does like to swing for the fences after all. Tarasenko would almost have to be part of that deal just to make the money work, but there would be more pieces added to it headed to Buffalo. The big question for any team acquiring Eichel is how you feel about his injury (neck I think). It's a tricky deal no matter who makes it.
I'm for keeping Vova as long as they can. I wouldn't touch Eichel with a ten-foot Pole... or even a nine-foot Hungarian. It's too risky of a bet that he will ever be 100% again.

Tarasenko for Eichel?
This has been said on here many times before but the decision to trade Oshie went beyond the hockey arena. So when you compare it to other trades or value, it's not a good comparison. It wasn't strictly a hockey decision.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:09 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:36 am

Tarasenko for Eichel?
I'm for keeping Vova as long as they can. I wouldn't touch Eichel with a ten-foot Pole... or even a nine-foot Hungarian. It's too risky of a bet that he will ever be 100% again.
Back in June I was sure he'd be traded before camp. Whoops! If he's healthy and producing I have no problem keeping him. Things seem to be professional on the surface, but who knows what things look like behind the scenes. If he's giving a good effort he'll only help this team.

The Eichel thing is nuts. I doubt Armstrong is comfortable with that at this point. I don't know how any team beside a team all the way at the top or all the way at the bottom of the standings would be willing to make the Eichel deal. The bottom feeders would have an easier time fitting in the cap hit, but is a rebuilding team going to want to part with all the cheap young assets it would take to make this deal? Still a total mess. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Tarasenko for Eichel?
Blues didn’t use Oshie properly. With that shot and ability he should of been more of a goal scorer here. He wasn’t employed here correctly IMO. The Oshie line of information overload reflected his frustration. Hitch had his drawbacks too.

The thing with Oshie though is Hitch loved him as a player and depended on him more than anybody. What a weird situation...I’m going to put a lot of it on Oshie, I think he just didn’t want to be here anymore. He is great player though...I still miss that guy an awful lot.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I don't know about that Tim. Oshie was quoted not too long ago saying he wish the group had gotten a couple more cracks at it cause he felt they would of knocked the door down and won it. Plus if I remember correctly, he was quoted as being down in the dumps when he heard he was traded. He probably felt Hitch might get the push out, I mean that was a disastrous year the year they lost to Minnesota in the 1st rd. Terrible how that round went. I thought Hitch fucked that year up totally and he admitted it the following off season saying he didn't employ his team correctly and he was good on his word cause the team was totally different in style the following season and made their Cup run.

BillP. wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:22 am I don't know about that Tim. Oshie was quoted not too long ago saying he wish the group had gotten a couple more cracks at it cause he felt they would of knocked the door down and won it. Plus if I remember correctly, he was quoted as being down in the dumps when he heard he was traded. He probably felt Hitch might get the push out, I mean that was a disastrous year the year they lost to Minnesota in the 1st rd. Terrible how that round went. I thought Hitch fucked that year up totally and he admitted it the following off season saying he didn't employ his team correctly and he was good on his word cause the team was totally different in style the following season and made their Cup run.
Of course he would say that and I remember that but I believe he was ready for a change of scenery. Osh was the perfect Hitch player and he depended on him more than anybody else...Hitch has said that. Osh was frustrated at the end here...he was speaking out and saying things. Army had to make a decision between Hitch and Osh....it’s a trade that Armu regrets I’m sure. Ovi and the boys were able to get Osh to that next level....for some reason, it just couldn’t happen here. Happy for Osh though...love seeing players grow up and then become leaders.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Oshie, Backes, and Perron were all pressed into service way too soon, by a team still reeling from the Laurie's ownership debacle. None of those kids had time to season a bit in the minors. The money, fanfare, pussy, hype... it all came a year or two early. They were a bunch of immature brats.... fun to watch, but no clue how to succeed at this level. As for Oshie, his ankles were pretty messed up at the time he was traded. He was falling down a lot and had gotten slow....who knew if he'd heal up and come back the way he did? ...he could have continued to decline as most players do when they have bad wheels.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:32 am Oshie, Backes, and Perron were all pressed into service way too soon, by a team still reeling from the Laurie's ownership debacle. None of those kids had time to season a bit in the minors. The money, fanfare, pussy, hype... it all came a year or two early. They were a bunch of immature brats.... fun to watch, but no clue how to succeed at this level. As for Oshie, his ankles were pretty messed up at the time he was traded. He was falling down a lot and had gotten slow....who knew if he'd heal up and come back the way he did? ...he could have continued to decline as most players do when they have bad wheels.
Oshie was the head party boy of the frat pack during their time here. He then started pulling EJ into his habits of booze and coke. The Blues wanted to remove Oshie from the locker room. Im glad he has matured in Washington and realized his potential. If he stayed in St Louis, I don't think he'd be who we see today. I think he was heading down a Mike Richards path.