Re: Blues sign Hoffman to professional tryout

ratonmono wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:44 pm So the lines are?

Hoffman O'Reilly Perron
Schwartz Schenn Kyrou
Sanford Thomas Bozak
Barbashev Sundqvist Blais

Clifford, McEachern, DLR extras

Wouldn't mind moving Bozak at this point.
You know, for a team that is supposed to wear the other team down, I only see that in your 4th line. That’s one thing about Tarasenko, we just think about him as a goal scorer but he was a big boy who could throw his weight around. I might have to cool it a little bit on the Blue juice and see how this all works out first - ha

Hoffman O'Reilly Perron
Schwartz Schenn Kyrou
Sanford Thomas Bozak

You know, for a team that is supposed to wear the other team down, I only see that in your 4th line. That’s one thing about Tarasenko, we just think about him as a goal scorer but he was a big boy who could throw his weight around. I might have to cool it a little bit on the Blue juice and see how this all works out first - ha

BillP. wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:46 pm

Hoffman O'Reilly Perron
Schwartz Schenn Kyrou
Sanford Thomas Bozak

This team isn't the cup team though. Berube is going to have to adjust his coaching to his personnel. It's a big test for him. The current team will not be grinding teams into submission, but do have the potential to be a better counter-attack team with a deadly PP. We shall see how it shakes out.

BillP. wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:25 am
Robb_K wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:47 pm Exactly what I was hoping! As soon as the LTIR money comes available, The Blues will sign him to a one year contract. Will they have enough room with Steen's cap room coming off to sign a veteran LD?
Don’t forget the goalie too!
I didn't. The goalie is a given. That money should be there. I think it's only the extra LD that's in question capwise.

Hoffman O'Reilly Perron
Schwartz Schenn Kyrou
Sanford Thomas Bozak

I would expect Thomas on the wing of a top two line. Bozak centering 3rd line. And Clifford in Kyrou out

Hoffman - ROR - Perron
Schwartz - Schenn - Thomas
Sanford - Bozak - Blais
Clifford - Barb - SunnyD

And that's a damn good team. If they are determined to play Kyrou, put him in Blais spot who drops down to Clifford's spot.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP. wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:46 pm

Hoffman O'Reilly Perron
Schwartz Schenn Kyrou
Sanford Thomas Bozak

I disagree. ROR and Perron line is going to work a ton in the O Zone cycling, and Schenn and Schwartz will do the same. They both play the continuous pressure game, so I don’t expect that aspect of Blues hockey to change a lot. Still have the personnel to do that. Removing Steen / Tank (which is really the only change from tbeCuo winning forward group, doesn’t change our style of play that much IMO.