Re: O'Reilly to be Named Captain

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:48 am
barnburner wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:29 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:55 pmhttps://www.bardown.com/vladimir-tarase ... -1.1569633

Tarasenko disappointed he’s not Captain
That he even entertains the idea that he should be captain, is ridiculous.
@lailaanderson08 deserves the "C" more than he does. SHE has leadership qualities is spades.
I'm not sure what is so ridiculous about being disappointed he wasn't named captain. Whether he thinks he was the best candidate or not, I'm glad he's disappointed and not elated about it. I'm sure Jaden Schwartz is disappointed as well.

If I was at my company for 7 years and was the assistant manager and was passed up for the manager role by the new young gun, I'd be disappointed too. Doesn't mean I'm the best man for the job, but I sure as hell have the confidence in myself that I was the best person to fill the role and would do a good job at it. Same as I'm sure Tarasenko has.

What I'm trying to say is Tarasenko and I aren't that different. Both world class athletes. Both big fans of Russia.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:19 am
barnburner wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:29 amThat he even entertains the idea that he should be captain, is ridiculous.
@lailaanderson08 deserves the "C" more than he does. SHE has leadership qualities is spades.
I'm not sure what is so ridiculous about being disappointed he wasn't named captain. Whether he thinks he was the best candidate or not, I'm glad he's disappointed and not elated about it. I'm sure Jaden Schwartz is disappointed as well.

If I was at my company for 7 years and was the assistant manager and was passed up for the manager role by the new young gun, I'd be disappointed too. Doesn't mean I'm the best man for the job, but I sure as hell have the confidence in myself that I was the best person to fill the role and would do a good job at it. Same as I'm sure Tarasenko has.

What I'm trying to say is Tarasenko and I aren't that different. Both world class athletes. Both big fans of Russia.
But YOU don't have an agent that started the media pot stirring ... "Tarasenko's agent, Alexei Dementyev, previously criticized Blues management for selecting O’Reilly over Tarasenko for the captaincy a few days earlier."

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:12 am

But YOU don't have an agent that started the media pot stirring ... "Tarasenko's agent, Alexei Dementyev, previously criticized Blues management for selecting O’Reilly over Tarasenko for the captaincy a few days earlier."
Sounds like what my mom would do.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:31 am

Can't the Blues make him Vice President of Development or Head of Synergy??? Come on Stillman...this is where you do some owning!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:31 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:19 am... If I was at my company for 7 years and was the assistant manager and was passed up for the manager role by the new young gun, I'd be disappointed too. Doesn't mean I'm the best man for the job, but I sure as hell have the confidence in myself that I was the best person to fill the role and would do a good job at it. Same as I'm sure Tarasenko has. ...
EXCEPT she'd march right down to The EC and give Chief a good talking to. Prob'ly drag you down there with her.

T.C. wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:19 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:16 pm
barnburner wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:08 pm Any chance we can trade Tank for Jaskin?
Show some respect for the first Russian to touch the cup in Blues history. Not to mention the Blues player with the highest jersey number in team history to ever lift the cup.
Gretzky_Blues.jpg
The great one never touched the cup, let alone lifted it,in that amazing sweater