Re: Top ten captains for the Blues

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:48 am
BluesSK wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:38 am The list isn't in order of best to worst. It's by years, unless it is a real coincidence in opinion.
Ok well now that changes everything and makes it even more dumb. Especially consider the Blues have only had 20 captains in their history and 11 of the 20 were 1 year or less.

It's just a list of half the team captains in history in no specific order. The Post-Dispatch really coming in hot with the material.
:lol: You mean they just listed them? Not only is that lazy but are you really a hockey fan? I mean, if I’m posting that story, I’d have fun with it and list the damn thing with reasons behind it. Whoever wrote that story then I question their love of hockey.

ratonmono wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:52 pm I can only speak on the ones I’ve actually seen so like 1990ish on ( and honestly 93 on I was very young in the early 90s). Mine:

1 Petro. Say what you will he’s the captain that got it done. We will miss him big time.
2 Pronger. I did not agree with stripping him of the C but I did like that they gave it to Chopper.
3 MacInnis. My second favorite Blue from that era behind Pronger. Damn shame these teams had to face prime Detroit, Colorado, and Dallas every year.
4 Hull. Loved Hullie. He’s the biggest reason I got into hockey maybe he wasn’t a great captain in practice but he was one of my childhood idols.
5 Gretzky. Because Gretzky. That is all.
6 Stevens. I vaguely remember his time as a Blue and was crushed when we couldn’t get him back in 94.
7 Backes. Liked him as a player he was sorely miscast as a number one center.
8 Brewer. Under rated and back injury cost him effectiveness but a good player in an impossible situation.
9 Drake. Whatever. We were bad.
10 Corson. Hated him as a Blue one of my least favorite Blues of all time. But it’s my lifetime as a fan top ten and he’s better than Butcher? I guess?
Yeah, the Blues almost brought Stevens back. I forget the time frame on it. Was Chopper and Prongs both here when we made that offer sheet? If so, that’s an insane top 3 on D if that had materialized.

BillP. wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:24 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:48 am
BluesSK wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:38 am The list isn't in order of best to worst. It's by years, unless it is a real coincidence in opinion.
Ok well now that changes everything and makes it even more dumb. Especially consider the Blues have only had 20 captains in their history and 11 of the 20 were 1 year or less.

It's just a list of half the team captains in history in no specific order. The Post-Dispatch really coming in hot with the material.
:lol: You mean they just listed them? Not only is that lazy but are you really a hockey fan? I mean, if I’m posting that story, I’d have fun with it and list the damn thing with reasons behind it. Whoever wrote that story then I question their love of hockey.
He picked the top 10, but didn't rank them. They were listed chronologically, which is why Petro was last.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:45 am
ratonmono wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:52 pm I can only speak on the ones I’ve actually seen so like 1990ish on ( and honestly 93 on I was very young in the early 90s). Mine:

1 Petro. Say what you will he’s the captain that got it done. We will miss him big time.
2 Pronger. I did not agree with stripping him of the C but I did like that they gave it to Chopper.
3 MacInnis. My second favorite Blue from that era behind Pronger. Damn shame these teams had to face prime Detroit, Colorado, and Dallas every year.
4 Hull. Loved Hullie. He’s the biggest reason I got into hockey maybe he wasn’t a great captain in practice but he was one of my childhood idols.
5 Gretzky. Because Gretzky. That is all.
6 Stevens. I vaguely remember his time as a Blue and was crushed when we couldn’t get him back in 94.
7 Backes. Liked him as a player he was sorely miscast as a number one center.
8 Brewer. Under rated and back injury cost him effectiveness but a good player in an impossible situation.
9 Drake. Whatever. We were bad.
10 Corson. Hated him as a Blue one of my least favorite Blues of all time. But it’s my lifetime as a fan top ten and he’s better than Butcher? I guess?
Yeah, the Blues almost brought Stevens back. I forget the time frame on it. Was Chopper and Prongs both here when we made that offer sheet? If so, that’s an insane top 3 on D if that had materialized.
It was summer of 94 the crazy summer we brought in Keenan and traded for Chopper. We added Pronger in summer of 95. But yeah if that had worked out somehow... Chopper, Prongs, Stevens. Got damn.