Re: Torey Krug to St Louis for 7 years 6.5 Aav

I am absolutely stunned. Thought this theory was BS from guys that weren't quite insiders but dreamed of being so. Apologies to Strickland and Upshall for all the things I muttered to myself as I chuckled at them.

7 years at 6.5. He's older than you think, but there's your PP QB for the next few years. Army is a damn assassin.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:39 pm I am absolutely stunned. Thought this theory was BS from guys that weren't quite insiders but dreamed of being so. Apologies to Strickland and Upshall for all the things I muttered to myself as I chuckled at them.

7 years at 6.5. He's older than you think, but there's your PP QB for the next few years. Army is a damn assassin.
Stunned too. I remember JR saying on the radio this afternoon he didn't think there was any validity to the Krug rumors, in case we are ever unsure if he has inside info
Just a Russian propaganda account

Maybe I'm becoming too much of a fan boy at this point but I actually think I prefer this to resigning Petro.

You get a younger guy and likely save a few bucks. Parayko can step in and handle the defensive responsibilities of Petro and Krug can step in and fill the offensive responsibility of Petro.

The Blues are still a contenda baby!

Now lets have him and Thomas shake hands

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:46 pm Maybe I'm becoming too much of a fan boy at this point but I actually think I prefer this to resigning Petro.

You get a younger guy and likely save a few bucks. Parayko can step in and handle the defensive responsibilities of Petro and Krug can step in and fill the offensive responsibility of Petro.

Well, he's only one year younger. He's better offensively, but I think probably wasn't getting the same type of defensive assignments. Key plusses though, he's left handed and is cheaper than Petro. What a fucking wild signing.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:09 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:46 pm Maybe I'm becoming too much of a fan boy at this point but I actually think I prefer this to resigning Petro.

Well, he's only one year younger. He's better offensively, but I think probably wasn't getting the same type of defensive assignments. Key plusses though, he's left handed and is cheaper than Petro. What a fucking wild signing.
Plus now the Blues are free to announce Sanford as Captain

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:26 pm
MattyIce wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:17 pm In Doug we trust!!!
He convinced teams to take Lehtera and Berglund...I believe he can pull a rabbit out of a hat and convince a team to take Faulk
Yeah, takes 2 terrible signings and parlays that into Schenn and ROR, and then subsequently a Cup. Would never have believed it. He is the best GM in league now. Hands down. And it seems like he’s picking up steam. Dude is on a roll.