Re: NHL Offseason Trades and Signings

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:53 pm They still gotta sign him...he may still be having nightmares about playing in front of Jake.
He may also still have a totally unrealistic view of what his value is. He’s a third pairing defenseman who thinks he should be paid like a #3 guy. If I remember, he asked for $4.2 million in arbitration. That helped get his drunken ass traded.

bradleygt89 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:04 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:29 pm Jake made this trade happen, book it.
Good move for the Canadians IMHO; have always loved JEd's game and he should add some toughness and PK to the defence.
That’s a great deal by Bergevin at a cheap price. As long as he doesn’t teach Joel to throw the puck in his own net, Eddie should do just fine. Canadiens need a D guy like him. I’m guessing Carolina has some kids ready to play because I thought Edmundson was doing good over there. I know he started off the season very well.

BillP. wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:08 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:27 pm Wild lock in Brodin.

He’s a good D man IMO. AAV arguably a little higher than it should be though. But I say that without looking at his numbers/rankings though.
I certainly wouldn't call him just a guy, but he's probably only the 3rd best defenseman on that team. Who could have seen it coming that the Wild overpay for barely above average talent when every other team is tightening their belts? That team is still such a mess. Love to see it.

MissouriMook wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:55 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:27 pm Wild lock in Brodin.

He’s a good D man IMO. AAV arguably a little higher than it should be though. But I say that without looking at his numbers/rankings though.
I certainly wouldn't call him just a guy, but he's probably only the 3rd best defenseman on that team. Who could have seen it coming that the Wild overpay for barely above average talent when every other team is tightening their belts? That team is still such a mess. Love to see it.
There's some speculation this deal is a precursor to trading Dumba between now and the expansion draft.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:01 am
MissouriMook wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:55 am

There's some speculation this deal is a precursor to trading Dumba between now and the expansion draft.
Wonder if he lost some value on the market though with that injury and bad year he had. I still think he's great, but what's the interest around the league?