Re: Playoff Hockey -2020

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:44 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:47 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:18 pm
The vast majority of fans in the socially distanced crowd who were over the age of 40 had no idea their smartphone had a flashlight in it. The slightly more "woke" ones didn't know how to turn them on. :?
I love my flashlight!!!!
And I hope it loves you back.

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:24 pm
ratonmono wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:04 pmNice to see Tampa paying zero heed to any coivd considerations. We really get exactly what we deserve. Florida gonna Florida. :roll:
The boat parade was a distanced affair ... at least the water part ... :roll:
Don't do it guys, we're still missing a few good posters after the last covid convo flare up, and TC was at wit's end with it.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:19 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:24 pm
ratonmono wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:04 pmNice to see Tampa paying zero heed to any coivd considerations. We really get exactly what we deserve. Florida gonna Florida. :roll:
The boat parade was a distanced affair ... at least the water part ... :roll:
Don't do it guys, we're still missing a few good posters after the last covid convo flare up, and TC was at wit's end with it.
Yeah, I won’t name names but I hope they come back.

Well, with the draft in a few days and free agency a few days after that, it sure would be nice to actually have guys like Tim back here. But hey, who cares if we lose one of our best forum members (that is sarcasm and snark for those that aren’t fully awake yet).

Matangama wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:42 am Well, with the draft in a few days and free agency a few days after that, it sure would be nice to actually have guys like Tim back here. But hey, who cares if we lose one of our best forum members (that is sarcasm and snark for those that aren’t fully awake yet).
Yeah, he hasn’t been on here for 34 days, but who’s counting.

BillP. wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:05 pm
Matangama wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:42 am Well, with the draft in a few days and free agency a few days after that, it sure would be nice to actually have guys like Tim back here. But hey, who cares if we lose one of our best forum members (that is sarcasm and snark for those that aren’t fully awake yet).
that's a bummer. let me know if there's anything i can do.

Matangama wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:42 amWell, with the draft in a few days and free agency a few days after that, it sure would be nice to actually have guys like Tim back here. But hey, who cares if we lose one of our best forum members (that is sarcasm and snark for those that aren’t fully awake yet).
Ironically (or not), he started a thread on The Asylum last Thursday entitled: "Seems awfully quiet out there." We could have the makings of a made-for-TV mini-series. :?:

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:04 am
Matangama wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:42 amWell, with the draft in a few days and free agency a few days after that, it sure would be nice to actually have guys like Tim back here. But hey, who cares if we lose one of our best forum members (that is sarcasm and snark for those that aren’t fully awake yet).
Ironically (or not), he started a thread on The Asylum last Thursday entitled: "Seems awfully quiet out there." We could have the makings of a made-for-TV mini-series. :?:
out of curiosity, is discussion of politics and/or social issues/causes allowed there?

T.C. wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:25 am
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:04 am
out of curiosity, is discussion of politics and/or social issues/causes allowed there?
Used to be when I use to check it out all the time but I don't know about now. That's why it was called the asylum :lol:

By the way, in that thread JMC mentioned, I did reply to Tim and just simply said "Come back Timmy" with a wink..........he should get the hint, but if he responds or not remains to be seen.

They still talk political shit over there, but there are enough threads that it is easy to ignore. Over here, with everything condensed into a small number of threads and with limited activity, it’s much harder to ignore. I personally don’t give a flying fuck about anyone’s politics, but politics in sports, ANY politics, pisses me off.

Anyhoo.....with limited activity over here, it sure would be nice to keep the good posters. I don’t know if Tim will come back, but he definitely makes the forum much better. If anyone here doesn’t want him here because of his stance in that thread, I’d simply tell you to get over it.

Matangama wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am They still talk political shit over there, but there are enough threads that it is easy to ignore. Over here, with everything condensed into a small number of threads and with limited activity, it’s much harder to ignore. I personally don’t give a flying fuck about anyone’s politics, but politics in sports, ANY politics, pisses me off.

Anyhoo.....with limited activity over here, it sure would be nice to keep the good posters. I don’t know if Tim will come back, but he definitely makes the forum much better. If anyone here doesn’t want him here because of his stance in that thread, I’d simply tell you to get over it.
I'm with you on both points.

I don't want to know anyone's view on politics or social issues here.