Re: Re-Training Camp

BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:32 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:22 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:02 am
No real surprises, but it looks like Dunn's absence has created a worst case scenario for Faulk. He's on the 3rd pairing AND on his off side. I'd rather flip him and Bortuzzo, but what do I know. I suppose that Black Aces line is noteworthy in the sense that they'll probably be the first men up in case of injury. Bummer for Kostin, but I think Kyrou is ahead of him in terms of a top 9 winger role at this point, and DLR/Brouwer can fill different needs.
Forgive me, it's been awhile but wasn't Scandella playing with Petro before the stoppage? Wasn't that pair dominating or was he always with Parayko?

Time for Brouwer to make BillP right.
Yes!! That reminds me, last Tuesday on 101.1 they had a hockey show on called This week in hockey and it was Kerber and Vitale and it was good. Have to remember to check in and see if it's on tonight. Anyway Vitale last week was glowing about Brouwer, saying he looks like he's in the best shape of his life, he's playing his ass off, looks great out there and here's a guy who's career is practically over with and his attitude and work ethic is phenomenal. He said he wouldn't be surprised to see him out there. I imagine during the round robin he'll get a chance, hopefully he makes it happen. It's possible that guys like him might have the edge over some of the younger guys in that they know how to find their game quicker and play to the system quicker. We'll see. Kerbs and Vitale were saying that during the round robin the Blues will have the advantage in that they'll able to tinker more as opposed to the other teams fighting for the play in.
That pretty much lines up with what I was saying a couple weeks ago. Top 4 teams won't really care about seeding at all as there is no real advantage. Not much to gain with a lot to lose(injury) so we will definitely be seeing some guys that we didn't expect to see during the playoffs. I expect Jake Allen to get the start in a game or two of them.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:42 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:22 am

Forgive me, it's been awhile but wasn't Scandella playing with Petro before the stoppage? Wasn't that pair dominating or was he always with Parayko?

Time for Brouwer to make BillP right.
Yes!! That reminds me, last Tuesday on 101.1 they had a hockey show on called This week in hockey and it was Kerber and Vitale and it was good. Have to remember to check in and see if it's on tonight. Anyway Vitale last week was glowing about Brouwer, saying he looks like he's in the best shape of his life, he's playing his ass off, looks great out there and here's a guy who's career is practically over with and his attitude and work ethic is phenomenal. He said he wouldn't be surprised to see him out there. I imagine during the round robin he'll get a chance, hopefully he makes it happen. It's possible that guys like him might have the edge over some of the younger guys in that they know how to find their game quicker and play to the system quicker. We'll see. Kerbs and Vitale were saying that during the round robin the Blues will have the advantage in that they'll able to tinker more as opposed to the other teams fighting for the play in.
That pretty much lines up with what I was saying a couple weeks ago. Top 4 teams won't really care about seeding at all as there is no real advantage. Not much to gain with a lot to lose(injury) so we will definitely be seeing some guys that we didn't expect to see during the playoffs. I expect Jake Allen to get the start in a game or two of them.
I felt the same way about the seeding too, but then I realized yesterday that the seeding does matter if you end up playing either Dallas, Vegas or Avs in Conference Finals. So I don't know now - ha

BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:15 pm

I felt the same way about the seeding too, but then I realized yesterday that the seeding does matter if you end up playing either Dallas, Vegas or Avs in Conference Finals. So I don't know now - ha
While the home crowd won't be a factor, it'd be good to have last change in a Game 7. I think Allen definitely gets a round robin start though. Don't want your backup going into the playoffs without any real game action for over 4 months.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:47 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:15 pm

While the home crowd won't be a factor, it'd be good to have last change in a Game 7. I think Allen definitely gets a round robin start though. Don't want your backup going into the playoffs without any real game action for over 4 months.
Holy Shit, I forgot about the no fans :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for politely bringing that to my attention. Hit me on the head with a hammer - Boom!

rask was saying yesterday he doesn't see a reason a goalie should get 60 minutes. thinks everyone will be rotating goalies. said they have an advantage with three. at least that's what i thought it sounded like he was saying, tuned in in the middle of the conversation.

T.C. wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:19 pm rask was saying yesterday he doesn't see a reason a goalie should get 60 minutes. thinks everyone will be rotating goalies. said they have an advantage with three. at least that's what i thought it sounded like he was saying, tuned in in the middle of the conversation.
That's a strange thought about not giving goalies 60 minutes of a game. I could see that if it's a blow out, otherwise if the other goalie coming in is cold, that might be to the oppositions advantage.

T.C. wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:30 am yeah, that's what i thought. extremely weird. i must have not heard him right.
I don't know, that might be what he said. That seems to be what teams do with preseason games in the fall, though I'd think you'd want to treat the round robin games a little more seriously. I could see some third stringers grabbing a period or two in some cases, but I don't know. It'd nice to see Husso have some action in case all Hell breaks loose, but to me there just aren't enough games, and those games mean a little too much to just throw away.

Blues are streaming their scrimmage on the team website, youtube and a few other places. There's no sound, but it's hockey. I just saw Tyler Tucker score after beating a defenseman wide and putting it through Binnington's legs. He's playing LW instead of D, but that was literally the first time I'd seen him play, so nice first impression! Looks like Tim might have been right about another one!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:10 am Blues are streaming their scrimmage on the team website, youtube and a few other places. There's no sound, but it's hockey. I just saw Tyler Tucker score after beating a defenseman wide and putting it through Binnington's legs. He's playing LW instead of D, but that was literally the first time I'd seen him play, so nice first impression! Looks like Tim might have been right about another one!
Yeah, bad goal. Binner must be taking it casual.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:27 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:17 am

Dunn also isn't back. I'd imagine Steen is taking an old guy maintenance day, but I guess they can't say either way.
I'm out of the loop, what's the reason for Dunn's continued absense?
"Unfit to play". New league rules say you can't get any more details than that to protect anyone that tests positive. Could be covid, could be a severed arm.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:40 am Tucker just scored again....
That’s my boy! Playing with the big boys today! He has come a long way. With my string of Blues related draft hits, Tucker is my favorite because there was about a 99% chance he wasn’t even going to be drafted that year. He definitely would have been drafted as a 19 year old though so props to the Blues for stealing a kid in the 7th round.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"