Re: News and Games around the NHL

NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:19 pm Big props to Brendan Smith....that’s exactly the way it should be handled. Looks like he got injured in the fight but he went about it the right way.
So I totally agree on Smith. There are probably like 3 guys in the league that Wilson wouldn't just crush in a fight, and Smith isn't one of them. But this highlights the problem with the NHL current disciplinary setup. Wilson does his thing Monday night. NHL fails to suspend for even 1 game, so Rangers are left to deal with it themselves. So Wilson's "punishment" for his actions Monday were a tiny fine, 4 of his teammates getting to win a fight, kicking Brendan Smith's ass, and to cap it all off, drawing a power play for his team. What lesson is Wilson supposed to learn other than to pull this shit more often?
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:41 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:19 pm Big props to Brendan Smith....that’s exactly the way it should be handled. Looks like he got injured in the fight but he went about it the right way.
So I totally agree on Smith. There are probably like 3 guys in the league that Wilson wouldn't just crush in a fight, and Smith isn't one of them. But this highlights the problem with the NHL current disciplinary setup. Wilson does his thing Monday night. NHL fails to suspend for even 1 game, so Rangers are left to deal with it themselves. So Wilson's "punishment" for his actions Monday were a tiny fine, 4 of his teammates getting to win a fight, kicking Brendan Smith's ass, and to cap it all off, drawing a power play for his team. What lesson is Wilson supposed to learn other than to pull this shit more often?

He’s not learning anything. Tonight is more for the Rangers to battle for one another and not back down.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:48 pm

He’s not learning anything. Tonight is more for the Rangers to battle for one another and not back down.
Probably, but I think there's like a 40% chance they're trying to embarrass Bettman/Parros. "This blood is on your hands" type deal. When Strome is fighting Lars freaking Eller off the draw it's not what the league is looking for.

Unrelated to all this, Geogiev looks great in net.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:56 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:16 pm Buch got lucky to get the game misconduct. He would've been murdered. He'll get suspended.
Sometimes if you go looking for trouble, it finds you. Mantha wanted to be a fake tough guy and got his teeth smacked for it.
I wouldn't call Mantha a fake tough guy, he just didn't want to jump Buchnevich despite the fact that he'd been a bit loose with the stick all night. Mantha's got a pretty long fight card.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:42 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:16 pm Buch got lucky to get the game misconduct. He would've been murdered. He'll get suspended.
Sometimes if you go looking for trouble, it finds you. Mantha wanted to be a fake tough guy and got his teeth smacked for it.
I wouldn't call Mantha a fake tough guy, he just didn't want to jump Buchnevich despite the fact that he'd been a bit loose with the stick all night. Mantha's got a pretty long fight card.
Mantha sounds like a man/panther/cobra chimera.

this is why the enforcer role needs to come back. look at reaves, he can actually play the game pretty well. hell, parros too. and people wouldn't fuck around like that jerk off wilson.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:13 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:29 pmSo this firing all has to do with the after effects of this Wilson shit? Apparently Gorton and JD distanced themselves from a Ranger team statement? I’m hearing this stuff but I don’t know the details or what statement was made. Anyone know about this? People are claiming Tom Wilson destroyed the Rangers operations now :lol:
Supposedly it wasn't related but who knows. Dolan is insane and both his franchises have sucked most of the time he's owned them. The statement was stupid and made the Rangers look like whiny losers. I would've distanced myself from it too.
The statement & the firings were clearly more than coincidental.

When you try to pick fights well below your weight class you’re a fake tough guy. I only wish the stick had done more damage.
Just a Russian propaganda account

JMC-STL wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:14 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:13 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:29 pmSo this firing all has to do with the after effects of this Wilson shit? Apparently Gorton and JD distanced themselves from a Ranger team statement? I’m hearing this stuff but I don’t know the details or what statement was made. Anyone know about this? People are claiming Tom Wilson destroyed the Rangers operations now :lol:
Supposedly it wasn't related but who knows. Dolan is insane and both his franchises have sucked most of the time he's owned them. The statement was stupid and made the Rangers look like whiny losers. I would've distanced myself from it too.
The statement & the firings were clearly more than coincidental.
Yeah, supposedly the statement was all Dolan. He's out of his mind, but it's his money I guess.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:46 am

When you try to pick fights well below your weight class you’re a fake tough guy. I only wish the stick had done more damage.
I get that, but when you run around hacking guys, eventually one of the big guys is going to step in. Mantha didn't do anything wrong, he tapped him a bunch after Buch took a run at him, then moved along with the play. Buchnevich could've declined and moved on. He did half of that.

T.C. wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:56 am
this is why the enforcer role needs to come back. look at reaves, he can actually play the game pretty well. hell, parros too. and people wouldn't fuck around like that jerk off wilson.
The NHL doesn't want guys like Tony Twist or John Scott that are only in the League because they can beat everybody up. They want guys like Reaves and Wilson, that are tough, but can play a role well the rest of the time, and let the league supplementary dicscipline act as a deterrent for bad on ice behavior. The problem is that only works if the supplementary discipline actually disciplines. Then you get left with teams like the Rangers that are pissed off and left to dole out there own justice, but are ill equipped to do so. You have to pick a lane and commit to it, and the NHL has done a crappy job of it. If they want to get rid of dirty play and minimize nights like last night (though that was extreme), you have to make the supplementary discipline severe enough that players actually fear it enough to change behavior. It worked on hits to the head 10ish years ago, but now it's lost all it's teeth. Time to start over.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:28 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:46 am

I get that, but when you run around hacking guys, eventually one of the big guys is going to step in. Mantha didn't do anything wrong, he tapped him a bunch after Buch took a run at him, then moved along with the play. Buchnevich could've declined and moved on. He did half of that.
When it’s Wilson, Chara, and Mantha coming for you it’s simply defending yourself. I personally think he should’ve been given a better weapon than just a stick to use. Maybe nunchucks
Just a Russian propaganda account