Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2951
JMC-STL wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:38 pm
Dave's a mess wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:53 am
Is this good? I think this is good.
Not for the Blues, it ain't. When they meet The Oil in the 2021 Stanley Cup Finals, nobody on the Note roster will check McJesus into an early departure & he'll score 7 power play goals in each of the 4 games.
What's interesting is that Oiler fans swear that McDavid doesn't get the calls from refs nearly enough and that he gets mauled out there ever night. I'm willing to put that theory to the test if the Blues meet him in the Final.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2953
I hope everyone is ready for sjw's broadcasting nhl. Disney is in the pocket of the CCP, this deal is really a deal to politicize the last sport that hasn't been bastardized yet. If I'm wrong I'll apologize to everyone I've offended if I'm right then I stop watching a sport that runs through my veins. I apologize in advance to TC but fuck this deal its not good for the sport we love.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2954
BlueinNy wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:37 pm
I hope everyone is ready for sjw's broadcasting nhl. Disney is in the pocket of the CCP, this deal is really a deal to politicize the last sport that hasn't been bastardized yet. If I'm wrong I'll apologize to everyone I've offended if I'm right then I stop watching a sport that runs through my veins. I apologize in advance to TC but fuck this deal its not good for the sport we love.
If you think these deals are about anything besides money and greater exposure, you're sorely mistaken.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2955
Dave's a mess wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:21 pm
BlueinNy wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:37 pm
I hope everyone is ready for sjw's broadcasting nhl. Disney is in the pocket of the CCP, this deal is really a deal to politicize the last sport that hasn't been bastardized yet. If I'm wrong I'll apologize to everyone I've offended if I'm right then I stop watching a sport that runs through my veins. I apologize in advance to TC but fuck this deal its not good for the sport we love.
If you think these deals are about anything besides money and greater exposure, you're sorely mistaken.
Yeah, more money, ad revenue and more eyeballs. As far as politicizing, they don't give a fuck about politics aside from being as inclusive as possible to reach the target audience. They want the 18-49 ad revenue demo especially, and that demo is generally more liberal especially on the 18 end of things.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2956
BlueinNy wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:37 pm
I hope everyone is ready for sjw's broadcasting nhl. Disney is in the pocket of the CCP, this deal is really a deal to politicize the last sport that hasn't been bastardized yet. If I'm wrong I'll apologize to everyone I've offended if I'm right then I stop watching a sport that runs through my veins. I apologize in advance to TC but fuck this deal its not good for the sport we love.
See my rant in the other thread. If, whenever the NHL comes down off its high horse and deigns to allow me to watch games again, it is flooded with woke-ness, it will be oh so easy to stop watching. I sincerely hope you are wrong, but if you are right, i have plenty of real, actual, other things to do, and i’ll have a lot of jerseys for sale.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2957
I have to disagree, Disney is owned monetarily by China, everything we see and hear is because of money.ask yourself where the money is coming from. If you don't say China then there's nothing left to talk about. Disney's is so far up chinas ass that it can see Maos liver. Once again I apologize to TC this is the last I'll speak of this.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2958
BlueinNy wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:00 pm
I have to disagree, Disney is owned monetarily by China, everything we see and hear is because of money.ask yourself where the money is coming from. If you don't say China then there's nothing left to talk about. Disney's is so far up chinas ass that it can see Maos liver. Once again I apologize to TC this is the last I'll speak of this.
It is pretty hard to deny that China has taken over America without a shot beijng (ironic typo, so I'll leave it) fired.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2959
All I know, is - Fuck the Nhl. They could give a fuck about the fans. It's all about money. People wonder why it's a garage league sport? Pissants like Bettman who can't figure out that the best way to grow interest in his sport, is to make deals that will guarantee it will be available at a price that the vast majority of fans can afford.
I don't give adamn about being able to watch every team. I just want to watch the Blues, at a reasonable price. I miss going to games, but if the nhl doesnt want me watching on tv - I damn sure wont be buying tickets.

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2960
You guys are searching for hidden meanings that aren't there. ESPN and Turner offered the most money. The NHL took it. ESPN is the biggest sports network in the world. The NHL is no longer the only North American major sports league not on said largest network. That's great for the league. I couldn't give 2 shits about what any league says about any issue, more people will watch the game, and the League will make more money. Assigning any other meaning to it is conspiracy theory as far as I'm concerned.

The local broadcast deals are a separate issue, and those are a joke, screwing many fans. I know MLB is having similar issues as well. The fact that it's way easier for me as an out of market fan to watch the Blues than people in the market is insane.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2961
I have zero problems with ESPN and TNT...that’s good for the league.
As for China....I feel like Bettman and all the other commissioners are likely fluent in Chinese these days , might even be their main language behind closed doors.
I am tired of all the political crap with the athletes these days. I’m a firm believe in “shut up and dribble”. Sports has always been a safe haven or a getaway from all the troubles in the world.
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2962
BlueinNy wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:37 pm
I hope everyone is ready for sjw's broadcasting nhl. Disney is in the pocket of the CCP, this deal is really a deal to politicize the last sport that hasn't been bastardized yet. If I'm wrong I'll apologize to everyone I've offended if I'm right then I stop watching a sport that runs through my veins. I apologize in advance to TC but fuck this deal its not good for the sport we love.
While I believe the deals with ESPN and TNT are good for the league long term, I definitely feel there is some truth to what you say here. Gonna be interesting to see this play out but if they start aligning themselves with the political platform , I won’t have any problems not watching. I haven’t watched any NHL games in a month...maybe longer. I don’t miss it at all right now. I’m sure I’ll be watching again when the playoffs start....maybe.
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2966
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:42 am
You guys talk about China getting involved in hockey like it's a bad thing. Have you not seen the quality of their jersey's at super discounted prices? Sounds good to me. And the food, let me tell you..ooowee so good and tasty.
This whole conversation is because I had Panda Express for lunch yesterday, isn't it?
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2967
Dave's a mess wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:03 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:42 am
You guys talk about China getting involved in hockey like it's a bad thing. Have you not seen the quality of their jersey's at super discounted prices? Sounds good to me. And the food, let me tell you..ooowee so good and tasty.
This whole conversation is because I had Panda Express for lunch yesterday, isn't it?
You are the main character of this board so yes, everything that happens is because of your actions.
Just a Jake Neighbours fan account

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2968
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:04 am
Dave's a mess wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:03 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:42 am
You guys talk about China getting involved in hockey like it's a bad thing. Have you not seen the quality of their jersey's at super discounted prices? Sounds good to me. And the food, let me tell you..ooowee so good and tasty.
This whole conversation is because I had Panda Express for lunch yesterday, isn't it?
You are the main character of this board so yes, everything that happens is because of your actions.
If that's the case, no one pay attention to what happened in the bathroom a few hours after that Panda Express.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: News and Games around the NHL

#2969
Dave's a mess wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:14 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:04 am
Dave's a mess wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:03 am


This whole conversation is because I had Panda Express for lunch yesterday, isn't it?
You are the main character of this board so yes, everything that happens is because of your actions.
If that's the case, no one pay attention to what happened in the bathroom a few hours after that Panda Express.
Why do you think they call it Panda Express?
cron