Re: News and Games around the NHL

T.C. wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:50 am“In person hearing via zoom” - that’s not a thing, and not how that works. ...
I had a customer many years ago request that I "fax the original" of a contractual letter to him. After two attempts to convince him it was a feat beyond then-current technology, I finally said: "Sure, it's on its way." Never heard a peep out of him on the topic thereafter. Mission accomplished for all parties involved. :roll:

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:42 am
BlueinNy wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:15 am
BluesSK wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:52 pm Clean hit? 🙂
I respectfully disagree with this decision. Its a rough game. Seabrook was given a single game for knocking Backes out.
Well let’s hope the Seabrook decision is not the basis for all other decisions.

I think Tom Wilson’s history plays a big factor here
Seabrook's hit was in the playoffs and he didn't have a suspension history (I think). That hit was also the angriest I've ever been at an announcer. Video provided below. Listening to Eddio O try to say it was a clean hit because Seabrook didn't leave his feet was just absolutely infuriating. Eventually Brian Engblom tells him...he hit him right in the head, dumbass! (possibly paraphrased)

Anyway Wilson didn't even appeal his suspension, which tells you he probably thought he got off easy.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:05 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:42 am
BlueinNy wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:15 am

I respectfully disagree with this decision. Its a rough game. Seabrook was given a single game for knocking Backes out.
Well let’s hope the Seabrook decision is not the basis for all other decisions.

I think Tom Wilson’s history plays a big factor here
Seabrook's hit was in the playoffs and he didn't have a suspension history (I think). That hit was also the angriest I've ever been at an announcer. Video provided below. Listening to Eddio O try to say it was a clean hit because Seabrook didn't leave his feet was just absolutely infuriating. Eventually Brian Engblom tells him...he hit him right in the head, dumbass! (possibly paraphrased)

Anyway Wilson didn't even appeal his suspension, which tells you he probably thought he got off easy.
I thought about this yesterday watching the Hawks game. I think it was Connor Murphy who did a number on someone behind the net. Murphy though did level the guy in the chest and both his skates were on the ice. Wasn't blatant like Seabrook who went for the head................I still remember the hand shake after the series, you could see Seabrook say "sorry about that" and Backes said "that's all right".....................and what about that bitch yelling at Backes? The guy is fucked up and hurting and she's yelling venom at Backes............... :roll: