Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:03 am The Sabres got less for Eichel than they did for ROR when you look as the packages on the day the trades were made. Big big big yikes for Sabres fans.
I am not sure I 100% agree with that but either way, the big difference is Eichel has to immediately have major surgery and is out for 3 months at least so there's that added factor.

One this is true, the Sabres are the kings of getting the least amount of return on their investments and there is are no signs of it getting any better any time soon.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:03 am The Sabres got less for Eichel than they did for ROR when you look as the packages on the day the trades were made. Big big big yikes for Sabres fans.
I actually like this for them. They lose the best player but get two good pieces in Tuch and Krebs plus a first. Much better return than what they got for ROR. Tuch and Krebs are better than Tage plus the husks of Bergy and Sobotka.

I disagree, I think Alex Tuch + 1st rounder is better than what they got for ROR. Tuch is still only 25, has scored 20 goals in the league already, and has 19 goals in 66 playoff games.

Pretty good deal for Buffalo....Tuch is a very underrated player, Krebs is a very good player, just not ready yet but he's the real deal...complete player. and they get another firs round pick. They have 3 1st rounders in 2022 in what is a really strong draft class.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Tuch is definitely better than anyone in the ROR deal, but he also had serious shoulder surgery and hasn't played at all this season. He's a good winger that won't have an NHL caliber center for years and will be drawing the opposition's best defensive matchups for the first time in his career. Krebs is a good prospect, but so was Thompson. Krebs hasn't been able to carve out a role on a team desperate for his position. He's still young, but the can't miss guys have usually made an impact 2 years after their draft. To me this is a D+ grade for Buffalo.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:35 pm Tuch is definitely better than anyone in the ROR deal, but he also had serious shoulder surgery and hasn't played at all this season. He's a good winger that won't have an NHL caliber center for years and will be drawing the opposition's best defensive matchups for the first time in his career. Krebs is a good prospect, but so was Thompson. Krebs hasn't been able to carve out a role on a team desperate for his position. He's still young, but the can't miss guys have usually made an impact 2 years after their draft. To me this is a D+ grade for Buffalo.
Krebs is only 20…he would have been a top 6 pick his draft year if not for the injury he suffered a month before the draft. So add in that and then the Covid BS and he hasn’t played a lot of hockey since his draft. He hasn’t been able to carve out a role because He’s not ready….Vegas rushed him because they had too. Buffalo has already assigned him to their AHL team which is where he needs to be. His future his extremely bright …he’s been a fantastic player everywhere he’s been ….he plays a complete game, he’s a leader. The deal was never going to be made until Vegas added him to their package.
Thompson was a shit prospect from day one…
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:35 pm Tuch is definitely better than anyone in the ROR deal, but he also had serious shoulder surgery and hasn't played at all this season. He's a good winger that won't have an NHL caliber center for years and will be drawing the opposition's best defensive matchups for the first time in his career. Krebs is a good prospect, but so was Thompson. Krebs hasn't been able to carve out a role on a team desperate for his position. He's still young, but the can't miss guys have usually made an impact 2 years after their draft. To me this is a D+ grade for Buffalo.
Krebs is only 20…he would have been a top 6 pick his draft year if not for the injury he suffered a month before the draft. So add in that and then the Covid BS and he hasn’t played a lot of hockey since his draft. He hasn’t been able to carve out a role because He’s not ready….Vegas rushed him because they had too. Buffalo has already assigned him to their AHL team which is where he needs to be. His future his extremely bright …he’s been a fantastic player everywhere he’s been ….he plays a complete game, he’s a leader. The deal was never going to be made until Vegas added him to their package.
Thompson was a shit prospect from day one…
Tim you know your prospects far better than me, but at the time of the trade I think Thompson was still highly regarded in many circle. They were wrong of course, but that's not the point. Krebs is still definitely a higher class of prospect, but my overall point was just that this return, though substantial, is not enough for a guy like Eichel. Buffalo mishandled this for months and painted themselves into a corner.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!