Re: News and Games around the NHL

Detroit Red Wings rookie Lucas Raymond's first hat trick leads to 6-3 win in Chicago

Helene St. James
Detroit Free Press
Published 9:51 p.m. ET Oct 24, 2021 | Updated 10:05 p.m. ET Oct 24, 2021

CHICAGO — Lucas Raymond continued his impressive rookie season, delivering a four-point performance for the Detroit Red Wings.

Raymond became the first Wings player aged 19 or younger to score a hat trick since Steve Yzerman on April 30, 1985. Raymond, drafted by Yzerman, also set up a goal by Tyler Bertuzzi as the Wings topped the Chicago Blackhawks, 6-3, Sunday at the United Center.

It was only the sixth game of Raymond’s career. He has four goals and three assists in that span. ...

Read & See more at: https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/ ... 165234001/

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:04 am Well this should be interesting

AND Toews is in Covid protocol. He had it in the 2020 offseason I believe too. It wasn't the weird illness that kept him out all year (I think), but it didn't help the situation.

Hell of a day in Chicago! Regardless of what the report says, they can probably start firing everybody as soon as it's released.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I cannot fathom how Ownership let Bowman make the Jones trade/extension when they knew this was a reasonably predictable outcome. He was part of a group that has tarnished the brightest moment for the organization since the Stan Mikita days, and was allowed to make a risky move that will cripple the team for the next 9 years. Just an outrageous lack of effective leadership. They kicked the can down the road over and over, but the bill will was always going to come due. Now they're screwed on the ice as well as they are off of it.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:17 pm I cannot fathom how Ownership let Bowman make the Jones trade/extension when they knew this was a reasonably predictable outcome. He was part of a group that has tarnished the brightest moment for the organization since the Stan Mikita days, and was allowed to make a risky move that will cripple the team for the next 9 years. Just an outrageous lack of effective leadership. They kicked the can down the road over and over, but the bill will was always going to come due. Now they're screwed on the ice as well as they are off of it.
Bowman is essentially a stupid POS who rode on his daddy's coat-tails. End of story. Not sure what ownership was thinking either.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:16 am Jaden Schwartz follow-up. 7 games, 0 goals, 2 assist, minus 5.

5.5 million 5 year deal with a no movement clause. Good signing.
Man, not a good sign for Seattle, though I think there are reasons to not be super upset just yet if you're a Kraken fan (if you are, why are you on this forum?). His #fancystats are still really good. Super low PDO, so eventually pucks should start going in for him or staying out of his own net. Having said that, we know how hard it is for him to put the puck in the net when he's cold sometimes, so who knows. Also, now that Yanni Gourde is back, all the Centers on Seattle can move back down a line to a role they're better suited for. That should help Schwartz along with everyone else.

Still, 5 years is a long time for a 10 year veteran that breaks frequently.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:56 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:16 am Jaden Schwartz follow-up. 7 games, 0 goals, 2 assist, minus 5.

5.5 million 5 year deal with a no movement clause. Good signing.
Man, not a good sign for Seattle, though I think there are reasons to not be super upset just yet if you're a Kraken fan (if you are, why are you on this forum?). His #fancystats are still really good. Super low PDO, so eventually pucks should start going in for him or staying out of his own net. Having said that, we know how hard it is for him to put the puck in the net when he's cold sometimes, so who knows. Also, now that Yanni Gourde is back, all the Centers on Seattle can move back down a line to a role they're better suited for. That should help Schwartz along with everyone else.

Still, 5 years is a long time for a 10 year veteran that breaks frequently.
I think he's toast.

So it turns out it was Kyle Beach who has sexually assaulted by that scum bag in Chicago. I would hope that Chevy and Q are out of a job soon. Disgusting stuff from these guys.
Always knew that Toews, Kane, Keith core were scumbag humans as well. One of my good buddies was a bouncer in Chi-town back in that era and he had a few run ins with Kane that Patty was lucky to have walked away from because my pal is a much more sane and sober individual than I am lol.

The fact that Q is coaching tonight is bizarre for the team and the league. How is there not a single person that has Bettman’s ear that’s like, “hey maybe this is bad optics for accountability in the league?”

Or someone on the Panthers to say, “maybe we shouldn’t drag our organization into this?”

ESPECIALLY on national TV
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:25 pm The fact that Q is coaching tonight is bizarre for the team and the league. How is there not a single person that has Bettman’s ear that’s like, “hey maybe this is bad optics for accountability in the league?”

Or someone on the Panthers to say, “maybe we shouldn’t drag our organization into this?”

I'm not super surprised. The NHL is probably the most backward of all major sports leagues when it comes to this kind of stuff. They always have covered for the old boys club establishment.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:25 pm The fact that Q is coaching tonight is bizarre for the team and the league. How is there not a single person that has Bettman’s ear that’s like, “hey maybe this is bad optics for accountability in the league?”

It's so so so dumb, just a PR disaster. If you're the Panthers/NHL and want to give him the benefit of the doubt for some reason until you talk to him, fine. You don't have to fire him, you can just say "we're doing our own investigation" or some bs like that. It's just a colossal failure.

Sounds like Beach is coming after the NHLPA and Don Fehr as well. I had wondered what the PA's knowledge and involvement of all this was. While the Hawks organization is rightfully getting most of the attention, this shouldn't be forgotten.

Finally, I'm not the biggest Pat Foley fan in the world, but this is well done.

As one of the commenters noted, it's pathetic that NBC Sports Chicago is taking this shit more seriously than the Hawks/NHL/NHLPA.