Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:12 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:52 pm Wow, Seattle has a Brit hosting their intermission report. He's perfectly fine, just wild hearing that accent talk about net front presence and all that, haha.
You just don’t do this. It’s why Peacock network doesn’t have Americans calling English Premier League action.
Get the guys who call darts tournaments to do hockey.

In two games so far, Anaheim's John Gibson has faced 77 shots, allowing just 3 goals. And, given Anaheim's defense, they probably weren't just pot-shots from the outside, either.

Is it just me, or does every season seem to start out this way for Gibson? Facing a ton of shots, rising to the challenge, but eventually just being worn down as the season progresses. He's got to be BEGGING them to get some NHL-caliber defensemen to play in front of him!

RAFritchey wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:20 pm In two games so far, Anaheim's John Gibson has faced 77 shots, allowing just 3 goals. And, given Anaheim's defense, they probably weren't just pot-shots from the outside, either.

Is it just me, or does every season seem to start out this way for Gibson? Facing a ton of shots, rising to the challenge, but eventually just being worn down as the season progresses. He's got to be BEGGING them to get some NHL-caliber defensemen to play in front of him!
To add on to this, their backup faced 43 shots and stopped 41 of them in his start. Their collective save % is absurd.
Just a Russian propaganda account

ratonmono wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:12 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:57 pm The LA Kings have scored 9 goals across their first 3 games so far. Anze Kopitar has points on 8 of them. Right now, he IS that team's offense.
He’s a beast. Always has been. Back when the Kings were on top he was the only top guy of theirs I didn’t hate. Just respect. Great player.
He reminds me of Turgeon sometimes. Get the impression if Turgeon played today, he’d mimick Kopitar.

RAFritchey wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:44 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:27 pm MAF has to be rethinking his decision to play in Chicago
What, even after Chicago spent all of those assets and all of that money to get Seth Jones and improve their defense?
So so so funny. That contract hasn't even started yet and it's possibly the worst in the league already.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!