Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:29 pmDoug Hamilton scored 17 seconds into his Devils debut. That’s gotta be a record I’d imagine
Rookie Gus Bodnar of the '43-'44 Maple Leafs still beats it by 2 seconds ... https://records.nhl.com/records/skater- ... t-nhl-game. But according to a widely syndicated Canadian Press report: "The goal was the fastest to start a season for the Devils. The old mark was 26 seconds by Zach Parise in 2006-07." So Dougie has THAT going for him, which is nice.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:14 pm Coyotes and Sabres in the "Fight for Wright" early season Saturday matinee game on right now.
Sabres trying to take themselves out of that fight early starting 2-0 on the season. Already 4 points better than our beloved Blues
The rebuild is over!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:25 pm A lot of people use cocaine recreationally and now they are paying with their lives...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/10/17/ ... t-another/
Fentanyl is FAR more devastating than cocaine, or almost any other drug out there. It's about 10 times more potent, and therefor lethal, than heroin. Such a small amount can be lethal that if someone thinks they're taking almost any other drug, they're almost certain to OD. It's so effective that if you fall asleep in the wrong way while on it, in any position that might block your airway, like sitting in a chair with your head forward on your chest, for example, you'll suffocate as you sleep. It's scary stuff!

RAFritchey wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:34 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:25 pm A lot of people use cocaine recreationally and now they are paying with their lives...

Fentanyl is FAR more devastating than cocaine, or almost any other drug out there. It's about 10 times more potent, and therefor lethal, than heroin. Such a small amount can be lethal that if someone thinks they're taking almost any other drug, they're almost certain to OD. It's so effective that if you fall asleep in the wrong way while on it, in any position that might block your airway, like sitting in a chair with your head forward on your chest, for example, you'll suffocate as you sleep. It's scary stuff!
Yep. Lost several friends/family members because of Fentanyl. Thank fucking god I got cleaned up before that shit was as widespread as it is. If they had been cutting shit with Fentanyl back in my days, I for sure wouldn't be here.

ratonmono wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:41 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:34 pm

Yep. Lost several friends/family members because of Fentanyl. Thank fucking god I got cleaned up before that shit was as widespread as it is. If they had been cutting shit with Fentanyl back in my days, I for sure wouldn't be here.
Good for you rat. And RAF, you’re being way too kind to fentanyl by saying “10 times” more potent. Add another zero or two to that and you’re be more accurate. An amount enough to cover Roosevelt’s head on a dime would easily kill a 300 pound man. But, it’s cheaper and easier to make/acquire than cocaine, apparently. So these mensa candidates that are local dealers start cutting it in with the other stuff, getting a little heavy handed, and people die. It’s not good business to kill your customers, it’s not like they are trying to murder people, but this shit is out of control.

Oh, and guess what? All those lawsuits that were all over the news, all the documentaries made about opioids, were all just cosmetic - companies are still allowed to make this shit, doctors are still prescribing them, and hospitals are still trying to hand it out like candy. So just like everything else people are “outraged” about, just wait a little bit and they’ll get “outraged” about something else - nothing actually changes. The Sacklers will never have to answer for any of it.

ratonmono wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:42 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:39 pm What the fuck is up with the Penguins? JFC...that team just won’t die
People have been predicting their demise for years now. They always find a way to stay competitive.
I’ve been watching...I picked up Blueger in fantasy hockey. That dude just works hard...does a lot of good things when he’s on the ice.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:59 am Sounds like bad news coming in Tampa...

I know they just ran roughshod over the league without Kucherov for 56 games last year, but the also lost their entire exceptional 3rd line over the offseason. This is going to hurt.
Not sure what the injury is exactly but from the replies to the tweet he should be ready for the first game of the playoffs.

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:19 am
ratonmono wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:42 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:39 pm What the fuck is up with the Penguins? JFC...that team just won’t die
People have been predicting their demise for years now. They always find a way to stay competitive.
I’ve been watching...I picked up Blueger in fantasy hockey. That dude just works hard...does a lot of good things when he’s on the ice.
Yep. He has been the guy I want from Pittsburgh for the Blues for a few years now if we dealt with them.