Re: News and Games around the NHL

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:06 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:54 pm
BluesSK wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:29 pm

If a player is on LTIR and basically retired but he has a full no trade clause can they veto a trade?
That would be so petty and spiteful, I'd love it.
Mtl Mgt:
We’d like you to take one for the team.
Weber:
But I don’t even play here anymore….…
Mtl Mgt:
That’s what makes this so hard.
Good one!!!!! I made a slight edit 😊

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:13 am Flyers bringing in Torts to right the ship
Must credit Dave's a Mess:
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:36 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:31 pm Firing Trotz is about the dumbest move you can make if your NY. High lottery pick for sure next year.

Look for the Flyers to gobble up Trotz.
I don't know why Trotz would go to Philly when every team that needs a coach will be calling him. I bet Torts ends up with the Flyers.
Congrats to Philly on being on the playoff bubble but no better for 3 of the next 4 years. The good news is they'll also be incredibly boring to watch.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:14 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:13 am Flyers bringing in Torts to right the ship
BillP. wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:31 pm Firing Trotz is about the dumbest move you can make if your NY. High lottery pick for sure next year.

Look for the Flyers to gobble up Trotz.
I don't know why Trotz would go to Philly when every team that needs a coach will be calling him. I bet Torts ends up with the Flyers.
Congrats to Philly on being on the playoff bubble but no better for 3 of the next 4 years. The good news is they'll also be incredibly boring to watch.
Seems like Dave stole the idea from Bill and is trying to take all the credit!
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:16 am

I'm waiting for Bill to have a good idea before I start stealing them ;)

JK, love you Bill!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:35 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:16 am

I'm waiting for Bill to have a good idea before I start stealing them ;)

JK, love you Bill!
3F312963-0A7C-4B8D-AFFC-9F887087BA64.gif 3F312963-0A7C-4B8D-AFFC-9F887087BA64.gif Viewed 3183 times 529.89 KiB

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:06 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:54 pm
BluesSK wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:29 pm

If a player is on LTIR and basically retired but he has a full no trade clause can they veto a trade?
That would be so petty and spiteful, I'd love it.
Mtl Mgt:
We’d like you to take one for the team.
Weber:
But if I do, I won’t be part of the team…
Mtl Mgt:
That’s what makes this so hard.
"You've heard of 'taking one for the team'?"
"Yeah..."
"Well, think of this as being GIVEN one by the team."

Drubilly wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:52 pm Hey gang, hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far.

I see many Philly fans are kinda over our boy Konecny. I’m trying to figure out how DA can acquire him along with one of Sanheim or Provorov.

Ps, Kroenke sucks
I've heard Provorov's name mentioned in trade rumors as he's apparently not happy in Philly. I'd love Sanheim but I'd have to imagine they hang onto him. I'm kind of in the mindset that Armstrong is fairly likely to make a big move for a top 4 LD this Summer. Provorov would certainly qualify.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:48 pm This is a real mess. Looks like they would do anything to stick their head in the sand and pay any amount of money to make it go away.
From the article by Rick Westhead
“We settled the claim quickly because we felt a moral obligation to respond to the alleged behaviour that occurred at one of our events, by players who attended at our invitation,” Renney said in his opening statement.

“While we don’t know exactly what occurred that night, or the identities of those involved, we recognized that the conduct was unacceptable and incompatible with Hockey Canada’s values and expectations, and clearly caused harm.”

In short:
"We felt a MORAL OBLIGATION to pay her off and sweep this under the rug ASAP."

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:07 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:48 pm This is a real mess. Looks like they would do anything to stick their head in the sand and pay any amount of money to make it go away.
“We settled the claim quickly because we felt a moral obligation to respond to the alleged behaviour that occurred at one of our events, by players who attended at our invitation,” Renney said in his opening statement.

“While we don’t know exactly what occurred that night, or the identities of those involved, we recognized that the conduct was unacceptable and incompatible with Hockey Canada’s values and expectations, and clearly caused harm.”

In short:
What about a moral obligation to the players who weren't involved? They look just as guilty as whoever it was that were.

This is going to get really really ugly.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:37 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:07 pm

In short:
What about a moral obligation to the players who weren't involved? They look just as guilty as whoever it was that were.

Yep.... right now those players who weren't involved should be screaming from the rooftops that they had nothing to do with it, but it's pretty much just crickets.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:27 pm
Drubilly wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:52 pm Hey gang, hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far.

I see many Philly fans are kinda over our boy Konecny. I’m trying to figure out how DA can acquire him along with one of Sanheim or Provorov.

Ps, Kroenke sucks
I've heard Provorov's name mentioned in trade rumors as he's apparently not happy in Philly. I'd love Sanheim but I'd have to imagine they hang onto him. I'm kind of in the mindset that Armstrong is fairly likely to make a big move for a top 4 LD this Summer. Provorov would certainly qualify.
Yeah, you gotta figure one of their lefties are on DA’s shopping list. If Perron doesn’t return and/or Vladi is traded I thought TK would be a perfect solution. Also, Bo Horvat is his cousin. He’d be a nice consolation prize if extension talks break down with ROR. Man, the Blues should hire us y’know??
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

Turk Sanderson wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:07 pm From the article by Rick Westhead

In short:

Yep.... right now those players who weren't involved should be screaming from the rooftops that they had nothing to do with it, but it's pretty much just crickets.
So is this settled out of court or is the investigating going to continue?

BillP. wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:25 am
Turk Sanderson wrote:

It was settled out of court with the woman but what is happening now are investigations as to why it was covered up and from the perspective of the Canadian government, amongst other matters, is whether there were any public funds used in the settlement.

BluesSK wrote:
BillP. wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:25 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Yep.... right now those players who weren't involved should be screaming from the rooftops that they had nothing to do with it, but it's pretty much just crickets.
It was settled out of court with the woman but what is happening now are investigations as to why it was covered up and from the perspective of the Canadian government, amongst other matters, is whether there were any public funds used in the settlement.
Wow ----- thanks for filling me in - much appreciated!! Sounds like some people are going to go down regardless.

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:42 pm Makar and Gadjovich are the only two that have made statements or been cleared as far as I know.
A lot of very good players on that team.
It was Makar's agent that cleared him, not Makar. The players may not be able to speak on it most likely due to a NDA they were probably forced to sign by the CHL about all this. (That's my opinionated guess only)

https://www.markerzone.com/news/index.p ... 28816&s=36
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!