Re: News and Games around the NHL

ratonmono wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:05 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:48 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Leave it to Strickland to find lamest angle to take with this story

I know others have their preferred whipping boys, but Strickland is by far the Blues media member that annoys me the most.
Strickland is a straight up goober.
“Will someone please think of Patrick Kane during all of this!”
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:07 pm
ratonmono wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:05 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:48 pm

I know others have their preferred whipping boys, but Strickland is by far the Blues media member that annoys me the most.
Strickland is a straight up goober.
“Will someone please think of Patrick Kane during all of this!”
Kane isn't going anywhere because the organization stood by his side during a sexual assault investigation.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Just watched that interview, and the fact that Kyle Beach felt that he needed to apologize to the Michigan kid who also got abused is just so infuriating. So many people failed him (and those people still have not apologized) yet Kyle Beach, a victim, feels like he has to apologize. Burn all of the Blackhawks organization to the ground

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:33 pm Just watched that interview, and the fact that Kyle Beach felt that he needed to apologize to the Michigan kid who also got abused is just so infuriating. So many people failed him (and those people still have not apologized) yet Kyle Beach, a victim, feels like he has to apologize. Burn all of the Blackhawks organization to the ground
From top to bottom. I remember Beach when he was a prospect and how he was labeled a problem and had character issues. That organization ruined the career of the 11th overall pick, he never stood a chance. All the way to their precious little captain Toews who allowed Beach to be harassed and called homophobic slurs in the locker room when they all knew what happened.

Torch it.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:25 pm Toews apparently got interviewed after the game tonight and is defending Bowman and others, saying they aren't "complicit" in what happened and that they're "good people". My god
That interview was gross. At least Q has a meeting tomorrow. I expect he will be forced to resign but it wouldn’t surprise me if they let him slide. I just have such low expectations of the league.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:24 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:08 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:25 pm Toews apparently got interviewed after the game tonight and is defending Bowman and others, saying they aren't "complicit" in what happened and that they're "good people". My god
Heaping praise on people who covered up sexual assault

“Son of Sam” , yeah, he was a good dude…. but that talking dog of his…
John Wayne Gacy was great at children's parties. He's good people.

Toews putting his foot in his mouth is gross, but isn't all that surprising. Hockey players are generally pre-programmed robots that default to cliches and protecting their own. Kyle Beach was never one of Toews guys. I'm sure he genuinely feels bad about what happened to him in retrospect, but as a #hockeyguy, he feels a lot more kinship to the guy that has handed him over $100 million worth of contracts over his career. I really don't understand how these guys were allowed to talk without going through a serious PR meeting beforehand.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:58 am Toews putting his foot in his mouth is gross, but isn't all that surprising. Hockey players are generally pre-programmed robots that default to cliches and protecting their own. Kyle Beach was never one of Toews guys. I'm sure he genuinely feels bad about what happened to him in retrospect, but as a #hockeyguy, he feels a lot more kinship to the guy that has handed him over $100 million worth of contracts over his career. I really don't understand how these guys were allowed to talk without going through a serious PR meeting beforehand.
Because for every Toews you have an Alex Debrincat who has handled his comments far better than Toews. I don't want to excuse Toews as just some pre-programmed robot. He's a grown man, a supposed leader of men. He should be able to carry himself better without needing professional handlers coaching him through speaking.

He doesn't need to maintain any loyalty to Bowman at this point unless he still wants to be buddy buddy with him.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:17 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:58 am Toews putting his foot in his mouth is gross, but isn't all that surprising. Hockey players are generally pre-programmed robots that default to cliches and protecting their own. Kyle Beach was never one of Toews guys. I'm sure he genuinely feels bad about what happened to him in retrospect, but as a #hockeyguy, he feels a lot more kinship to the guy that has handed him over $100 million worth of contracts over his career. I really don't understand how these guys were allowed to talk without going through a serious PR meeting beforehand.
Because for every Toews you have an Alex Debrincat who has handled his comments far better than Toews. I don't want to excuse Toews as just some pre-programmed robot. He's a grown man, a supposed leader of men. He should be able to carry himself better without needing professional handlers coaching him through speaking.

He doesn't need to maintain any loyalty to Bowman at this point unless he still wants to be buddy buddy with him.
Oh to be clear I 100% agree. I wasn't excusing it as much as explaining how a guy perceived as such a thoughtful leader could be such a dunce. My only regret is that Backes isn't around to kick his ass one last time.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:17 am

I will say, I didn't expect to suddenly like Alex DeBrincat and Brent Sopel. I've gained a lot of respect for those guys, particularly Sopel, through this mess.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:08 am
Heaping praise on people who covered up sexual assault

To be fair....he doesn't really know what he is talking about, in his head he is sticking up for mentor/friends, and doesn't fully grasp what the complicity of a cover up is.