Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:25 am
JMC-STL wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:44 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:41 pmMy first time seeing(seaing?) their whites and I like them a lot.

The whites simply emphasize the ugly S.
The color scheme is one of the better ones in the league, imo.
Powder blue is not a sustainable primary color for sports team branding. They will abandon it in a few seasons (if not sooner), or at least relegate it to secondary accents where it belongs.

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:32 am
Powder blue is not a sustainable primary color for sports team branding. They will abandon it in a few seasons (if not sooner), or at least relegate it to secondary accents where it belongs.
Chargers are that color in football and have the best Jersey's in the league. Wait, maybe I just like powder blue haha
Just a Russian propaganda account

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:32 am
It’s Ice Blue....

https://teamcolorcodes.com/seattle-kraken-colors/
Last edited by NHLTIM on Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:30 am I remember Brett Hull would call the NHL a garbage league...and wonder what the hell he was talking about. What could possibly be wrong with pro-hockey.
Then I read stories like this one.

And some people think Tarasenko is a whiny bitch for complaining about his botched surgeries with the Blues. If you had a doctor give you bad medical advise, about your shoulder, your brain, your toe, you'd probably not trust them anymore either and look for a new doctor.
Just a Russian propaganda account

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:30 am I remember Brett Hull would call the NHL a garbage league...and wonder what the hell he was talking about. What could possibly be wrong with pro-hockey.

So the Lehner stuff is terrible, but also not at all surprising unfortunately (teams giving out opioids and other drugs without prescriptions). The Eichel thing...I kind of get it from all sides? For anyone that's not familiar, Eichel has a disc injury. He wants a disc replacement surgery, which is newer and has never been done before on an NHL or high level hockey player, but could heal faster and generally should restore his range of motion better and have a shorter recovery time and fewer side effects than the alternative. The Sabres however, want him to get a disc fusion surgery. This option has some limitations relative to the replacement surgery, but has been performed before on high level hockey players. As per the CBA, Eichel can get second opinions from whoever he'd like, but the Sabres have to sign off on whatever procedure would be performed. Since they're not comfortable with an operation that hasn't been done before, and Eichel feels strongly that he doesn't want the fusion which might be more problematic later in life, that's why we're stuck in this stalemate.

I see how there is an impasse there, and understand it from each perspective. The Sabres are being shady in other ways though. When Armstrong was shopping Tarasenko, he was letting interested teams look at his medical records so they'd be comfortable they're not buying damaged goods, or at least aware of the risks. The Sabres haven't been allowing other teams to look at Eichel's medical records (per Friedman). What GM in their right mind is going to give up anything at all for a guy with a neck injury and a $10.5 cap hit before looking at his medical records? That whole thing is a disaster.

Anyway I'm not a medical professional, so take all that with a shaker of salt. I don't think this thing is clearing up until it gets even uglier.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:56 pm

So the Lehner stuff is terrible, but also not at all surprising unfortunately (teams giving out opioids and other drugs without prescriptions). The Eichel thing...I kind of get it from all sides? For anyone that's not familiar, Eichel has a disc injury. He wants a disc replacement surgery, which is newer and has never been done before on an NHL or high level hockey player, but could heal faster and generally should restore his range of motion better and have a shorter recovery time and fewer side effects than the alternative. The Sabres however, want him to get a disc fusion surgery. This option has some limitations relative to the replacement surgery, but has been performed before on high level hockey players. As per the CBA, Eichel can get second opinions from whoever he'd like, but the Sabres have to sign off on whatever procedure would be performed. Since they're not comfortable with an operation that hasn't been done before, and Eichel feels strongly that he doesn't want the fusion which might be more problematic later in life, that's why we're stuck in this stalemate.

I see how there is an impasse there, and understand it from each perspective. The Sabres are being shady in other ways though. When Armstrong was shopping Tarasenko, he was letting interested teams look at his medical records so they'd be comfortable they're not buying damaged goods, or at least aware of the risks. The Sabres haven't been allowing other teams to look at Eichel's medical records (per Friedman). What GM in their right mind is going to give up anything at all for a guy with a neck injury and a $10.5 cap hit before looking at his medical records? That whole thing is a disaster.

Anyway I'm not a medical professional, so take all that with a shaker of salt. I don't think this thing is clearing up until it gets even uglier.
What Carcillo is saying about Steve Montador and his concussions seems to be the uglier bit here...

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:35 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:56 pm

What Carcillo is saying about Steve Montador and his concussions seems to be the uglier bit here...
Ah yes, that's brutal. I didn't read the whole thread.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!