Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:50 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:52 am Kronke settles for $790million...and who does that go to...lawyers and some slickster politicians. Kiss my ass!
I dont think there's any coincidence it was announced late a night right before a holiday. That money will disappear in "budgets" from the city quicker than the Rams did. Also, I'd say the City was the ones thats settled, that was much lower than the rumored billions that were in line to get.
Yeah, the NFL and it’s owners had and have so much dirt on them, I don’t know how STL didn’t strong arm them for much more. The NFL did not want to risk opening the flood gates to social media pressure and be on the spot. There’s a reason why Jerry Richardson was rumored to be so worried about trial. I wish I was a rich lawyer handling the case, I’d ask for the moon and say Adios mother fuckers, see you in court…….I can’t see how we don’t get at least 1 billion in the settlement. I think we could of gotten more, but that should of been the floor. That’s just a paltry 210M more for the NFL. 7M per owner. Like that would be a deal breaker. Like someone had tweeted that day, “looks to me like St. Louis blinked”.

BillP. wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:20 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:52 am Kronke settles for $790million...and who does that go to...lawyers and some slickster politicians. Kiss my ass!
I dont think there's any coincidence it was announced late a night right before a holiday. That money will disappear in "budgets" from the city quicker than the Rams did. Also, I'd say the City was the ones thats settled, that was much lower than the rumored billions that were in line to get.
Yeah, the NFL and it’s owners had and have so much dirt on them, I don’t know how STL didn’t strong arm them for much more. The NFL did not want to risk opening the flood gates to social media pressure and be on the spot. There’s a reason why Jerry Richardson was rumored to be so worried about trial. I wish I was a rich lawyer handling the case, I’d ask for the moon and say Adios mother fuckers, see you in court…….I can’t see how we don’t get at least 1 billion in the settlement. I think we could of gotten more, but that should of been the floor. That’s just a paltry 210M more for the NFL. 7M per owner. Like that would be a deal breaker. Like someone had tweeted that day, “looks to me like St. Louis blinked”.
Win in court, and then begins the appeals process... which would be one after another long and drawn out court battle, until the lawyers got it all. The appeals wouldn't happen in St.L but in some unsympathetic city, and they could lose it all. Wrestling 790 million away from those bastards is quite an impressive feat, when most people felt like it was a hopeless process from the start. Good for the winners...Fuck Stank and his NFL cronies.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:36 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:20 am

Win in court, and then begins the appeals process... which would be one after another long and drawn out court battle, until the lawyers got it all. The appeals wouldn't happen in St.L but in some unsympathetic city, and they could lose it all. Wrestling 790 million away from those bastards is quite an impressive feat, when most people felt like it was a hopeless process from the start. Good for the winners...Fuck Stank and his NFL cronies.
I agree. I never thought the case would go anywhere based on how the NFL seems to always worm out of these things, so these last few months have been delightful. It would've been great to see the league and owners raked over the coals in court, but as you alluded, that probably wouldn't have been the best outcome for the City/County/Convention Center. Hopefully the money is put to good use.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:44 pm... I never thought the case would go anywhere based on how the NFL seems to always worm out of these things, so these last few months have been delightful. It would've been great to see the league and owners raked over the coals in court, but as you alluded, that probably wouldn't have been the best outcome for the City/County/Convention Center. Hopefully the money is put to good use.
I take it by that last statement that you are unfamiliar with STL City politics. :roll:

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:51 pm There's going to be able three REALLY good teams in the West that won't make the playoffs.
I don't know, if you go by points percentage the only team that's currently on the outside looking in that is any good to me is Winnepeg. Anaheim is almost assuredly going to miss out before all is said and then. If everyone else holds serve that's probably the right 8. Dallas and Vegas are in if you go by points %, but out based on simple point count.

Have to think Torts is a real option for the Flyers. Love seeing the Old NHL coaches becoming relevant again....Sutter, Boudreaux....maybe Torts. Perhaps Hitch will be getting a call from someone
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:17 am Have to think Torts is a real option for the Flyers. Love seeing the Old NHL coaches becoming relevant again....Sutter, Boudreaux....maybe Torts. Perhaps Hitch will be getting a call from someone
Sutter has been killing it too. These guys probably get more calls behind the scenes thatn we think, but at least in Sutter's case he was able to wait for the perfect fit. They needed somebody that could teach them how to defend AND not let the inmates run the asylum. I love Boudreaux, but I just wonder if that roster is so rotten that he's not going to be able to do much. They've got some high end talent then a bunch of garbage.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:55 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:17 am Have to think Torts is a real option for the Flyers. Love seeing the Old NHL coaches becoming relevant again....Sutter, Boudreaux....maybe Torts. Perhaps Hitch will be getting a call from someone
Sutter has been killing it too. These guys probably get more calls behind the scenes thatn we think, but at least in Sutter's case he was able to wait for the perfect fit. They needed somebody that could teach them how to defend AND not let the inmates run the asylum. I love Boudreaux, but I just wonder if that roster is so rotten that he's not going to be able to do much. They've got some high end talent then a bunch of garbage.
Still think Sutter would have been a good fit on the Blues.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:00 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:51 pm There's going to be able three REALLY good teams in the West that won't make the playoffs.
I don't know, if you go by points percentage the only team that's currently on the outside looking in that is any good to me is Winnepeg. Anaheim is almost assuredly going to miss out before all is said and then. If everyone else holds serve that's probably the right 8. Dallas and Vegas are in if you go by points %, but out based on simple point count.
Anaheim is a pretty good hockey team. Hell if the playoffs started today the Blues wouldnt even be in the playoffs. Every point is important this season.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:34 am
Anaheim is a pretty good hockey team. Hell if the playoffs started today the Blues wouldnt even be in the playoffs. Every point is important this season.
I would contend that the Blues do not fit the "really good team" qualifier. I think they're a clearly flawed bubble team. Anaheim is fine, but I imagine they fall out of the playoffs after trading off a few expiring contracts near the deadline. Besides the Ducks, none of the current 8 teams in the playoffs seem surprising to me, and none of the teams on the outside are all that surprising either. I hope the Blues get healthy and can find their way back in, but unless they fix the back end this team is about where they belong in the standings.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:09 am

I would contend that the Blues do not fit the "really good team" qualifier. I think they're a clearly flawed bubble team. Anaheim is fine, but I imagine they fall out of the playoffs after trading off a few expiring contracts near the deadline. Besides the Ducks, none of the current 8 teams in the playoffs seem surprising to me, and none of the teams on the outside are all that surprising either. I hope the Blues get healthy and can find their way back in, but unless they fix the back end this team is about where they belong in the standings.
Now you're just purposely being contrarian.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:14 am

Super contrarian. None of us have complained about the Blues defense sinc Benn sat on Petro.

I know the standings have shifted since your original post, but I'm curious which 3 teams you were talking about at the time. I assume Vegas was on the outside at that point.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:34 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:14 am

Super contrarian. None of us have complained about the Blues defense sinc Benn sat on Petro.

I know the standings have shifted since your original post, but I'm curious which 3 teams you were talking about at the time. I assume Vegas was on the outside at that point.
It wasn't about a specific team. It was a comment on the depth of the West and how tough making the playoffs is going to be and when the dust settles, there's going to be some good ones that miss out, maybe even our own.