Re: News and Games around the NHL

JMC-STL wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:43 pm
Aesa wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:40 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:09 pmAwesome additions to ESPN's crew next year. If they do right on the play by play side of things (keep Buccigross out of the booth for the love of God), I think the game broadcasts are going to be great next year.
I would also add... keep politics out of the broadcasts. I tune in for hockey, not lectures on wokeness.
With an attitude like that, @Aesa, you need some serious woke-ing laid down upon you. ;)
Well, like my buddy Yosemite Sam says... "I don't think so". :mrgreen:

JMC-STL wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:11 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:40 amThe centerpiece of the O'Reilly trade is the 14th forward on a roster of prospects, old guys, and people I've never heard of.

...that or it's alphabetical :lol:
Tage Thompson still plays hockey? Oh, and NHLTIM called - he has cancelled your Knowledgeable Hockey Fan membership.
Damn! I don't think TIM is a big cancel guy though, haha.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:19 am
JMC-STL wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:11 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:40 amThe centerpiece of the O'Reilly trade is the 14th forward on a roster of prospects, old guys, and people I've never heard of.

...that or it's alphabetical :lol:
Tage Thompson still plays hockey? Oh, and NHLTIM called - he has cancelled your Knowledgeable Hockey Fan membership.
Damn! I don't think TIM is a big cancel guy though, haha.
That’s for sure. I will admit I can’t stand Tage Thompson. Also because of Tage...I actually can’t stand his brother now either. They can both be cancelled and I wouldn’t care....and Zach Sanford can join them.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:29 pm Scott Stevens was a dirty player. Change my mind.

Scott Stevens to this day has remorse for the hit on Lindros, his most famous hit. A hit at that time that was 100% legal and drew no penalty. He played physical and tough and in that day and age, he played the right way and was not a dirty player. I believe he only faced two very short suspensions in his entire career. When I think of dirty players from that era, guys like Bryan Marchment come to mind.
Just a Russian propaganda account

NHLTIM wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:53 am Sounds like Ron MacLean is about to be a victim of cancel culture. Always apologizing....shit is maddening

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/ron-ma ... 48987.html
This one is stupid. It's a tiny clip that removes the previous crucial context. He was obviously calling Bieksa drunk, nothing insensitive about this one. Ron issuing the statement right away is as much about pointing out the obvious context that was removed from the clip that made the rounds. I think this will be a non-issue long term.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

T.C. wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:04 pm Dio-era Sabbath reference FTW.

the more the league panders to über-woke nonsense, the less i am interested in supporting. hope they get their shit together real fucking soon.
hmmm, interesting. Is it the league or the networks? It feels like the networks are hyper-sensitive to everything in that even before there is any actual outrage, they try to get in front of everything and end up drawing attention to it themselves.
Just a Russian propaganda account