Re: Fantasy Hockey

T.C. wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:15 am Goddamn. That’s something i’ve never done. I’ve only placed 1st once in the what, 20 years i’ve been doing this league? Lol. And it used to be like 9-13 teams. Congrats.
Thanks T.C.! The league is a lot of fun, love it!

BillP. wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:31 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:18 am Time to talk some Draft Trash. I'm predicting a repeat for Blues - SC Champions!!! ..........You're all on notice.......... Just remember, last time I won, Blues did win the Cup!!!!!
Well guys, I backed up my BACK to BACK prediction.
That’s 2 straight now!
Next draft I’ll be like Larry Bird and say who wants to finish 2nd. ;)
Just having fun —- Maybe Blues can do it again now - Go Blues!

16B900D0-D5B5-4943-8FB1-A18F1F6F7A9E.jpeg

All Hail BillP. He hexed, my goalies before our match-up started, then injured everyone else. Gotta respect the hustle.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:44 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:31 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:18 am Time to talk some Draft Trash. I'm predicting a repeat for Blues - SC Champions!!! ..........You're all on notice.......... Just remember, last time I won, Blues did win the Cup!!!!!
Well guys, I backed up my BACK to BACK prediction.
That’s 2 straight now!
Next draft I’ll be like Larry Bird and say who wants to finish 2nd. ;)
Just having fun —- Maybe Blues can do it again now - Go Blues!

16B900D0-D5B5-4943-8FB1-A18F1F6F7A9E.jpeg

All Hail BillP. He hexed, my goalies before our match-up started, then injured everyone else. Gotta respect the hustle.
Ha, Thanks Dave, I was worried about ya. It’s the Presidents Trophy jinx, it will get you every time, that’s about all I had going for me. Hate to see season end, it was fun. Hope the wait isn’t too long for it to ramp up again. Go Blues!

hey people, i just renewed the league. mattyice isn't going to be able to participate this season, so we have one open spot we need covered. if you want in, PM me and i'll send you the info.

also, any changes you want to suggest as far as scoring, etc., make them now. can only do so prior to draft.

T.C. wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:05 am hey people, i just renewed the league. mattyice isn't going to be able to participate this season, so we have one open spot we need covered. if you want in, PM me and i'll send you the info.

also, any changes you want to suggest as far as scoring, etc., make them now. can only do so prior to draft.
I brought this up last season so I'll mention it again. Requiring only 1 start from a goalie is exploitable and something I used last year to make the playoffs. If your first game your goalie goes out and gives up 1 or less goals, you just bench them the rest of the week and you've wrapped up 2 of the 3 categories for the week and there's nothing your opponent can do about it.

I hereby motion that we raise the limit from 1 to 2 starts a week. If you cant field a roster that has a goalie(s) start two games a week maybe golf is your sport and not hockey.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:21 am
T.C. wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:05 am hey people, i just renewed the league. mattyice isn't going to be able to participate this season, so we have one open spot we need covered. if you want in, PM me and i'll send you the info.

I brought this up last season so I'll mention it again. Requiring only 1 start from a goalie is exploitable and something I used last year to make the playoffs. If your first game your goalie goes out and gives up 1 or less goals, you just bench them the rest of the week and you've wrapped up 2 of the 3 categories for the week and there's nothing your opponent can do about it.

I hereby motion that we raise the limit from 1 to 2 starts a week. If you cant field a roster that has a goalie(s) start two games a week maybe golf is your sport and not hockey.
Seems reasonable.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

these are the available levers for goalie scoring:
Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.26.39 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.26.39 AM.png Viewed 11653 times 23.15 KiB
so there is a "games started" checkbox (yes/no) but no indication on how that affects scoring or a way to set minimum number of games. there used to be a way to set minimum number of games, but i don't see that now. my assumption is that you can get a point for having more starts than your opponent if i check this box. is that desirable?

T.C. wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:29 am these are the available levers for goalie scoring:
Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.26.39 AM.png

so there is a "games started" checkbox (yes/no) but no indication on how that affects scoring or a way to set minimum number of games. there used to be a way to set minimum number of games, but i don't see that now. my assumption is that you can get a point for having more starts than your opponent if i check this box. is that desirable?
hmm, if there is no way to raise the specific amount of starts there definitely needs to be some incentive to not simply bench your goalie. Maybe add saves as a category? That way if someone benches after 1 start they will still likely lose wins and saves making it an even 2 to 2 versus having a 2 to 1.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Goalie position is so hard to control, I don't mind evening the field in that category. Adding Saves and giving rewards for showing up every night definitely gives the little guy a chance and makes it less stressful on us managers to find that "perfect" goalie.

BillP. wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:01 pm Timmy should be grabbing Matty's spot. I gave him a heads up.

Matty got talked into a year round super fantasy league with some other friends so he's preoccupied with that since it's a money league.
Paging Timmeh....

actually, had someone message me that they are likely dropping out too, so without matt we're at an even number. if timmy wants in, this person said they would stay in but likely won't be active, so if anyone other than timmy wants in, i would have two spots. if no timmy, then i just also drop this other team and we're good.

if no one else wants in by friday, i'll just delete those two teams and we'll roll with 18. gotta draft next week or so, so need to solidify.

to answer the question from yahoo, there are no keepers. this is not a keeper league. every year resets and is a fresh start for everyone from an even field.

T.C. wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:44 am if no one else wants in by friday, i'll just delete those two teams and we'll roll with 18. gotta draft next week or so, so need to solidify.

to answer the question from yahoo, there are no keepers. this is not a keeper league. every year resets and is a fresh start for everyone from an even field.
What about goal keepers?