Re: Fantasy Hockey

BillP. wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:45 pm
T.C. wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:03 am Yeah my team’s kind of a wreck. I took flyers on some guys that immediately got flushed.
I got 5 Blues all out due to COVID. Already fighting with 6 guys on IR. Turning into a tough week for me.
No crying in fantasy hockey! I had my first round pick on Covid IR most of last week and all of this week and won 12-0. In my opinion it's never a good idea to have more than 2-3 players from one team in any circumstances, but in a COVID year it's begging for trouble. You're lucky this isn't Stars or Canes News Forum or you'd be toast already.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

T.C. wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:03 am Yeah my team’s kind of a wreck. I took flyers on some guys that immediately got flushed.
I got 5 Blues all out due to COVID. Already fighting with 6 guys on IR. Turning into a tough week for me.
next man up Bill. Time to show what kind of coach you are
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:57 am
No crying in fantasy hockey! I had my first round pick on Covid IR most of last week and all of this week and won 12-0. In my opinion it's never a good idea to have more than 2-3 players from one team in any circumstances, but in a COVID year it's begging for trouble. You're lucky this isn't Stars or Canes News Forum or you'd be toast already.
You're tearing it up Dave :P

download.jpg download.jpg Viewed 12972 times 8.05 KiB

BillP. wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:12 am

download.jpg
wink.gif wink.gif Viewed 12970 times 602.05 KiB

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:55 am

Are you Hull's Hangover? It's Game on this week..........................

You have five Blues...you greedy fyck!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:09 pm
You have five Blues...you greedy fyck!!!
Well, 3 now. ROR, Faulk and Krug. These guys are mainstays.

Dropped Bozak and Sunny

But I did put Matthews on IR just now and picked up Sanford for tonight. So I’m up to 4 for now - ha

BillP. wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:08 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:55 am

Are you Hull's Hangover? It's Game on this week..........................
I am. I think we both can barely field a roster right now

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:27 am

download.jpg
wink.gif
Good Luck Dave, but I’m not going to lie, I hope you’re goaltending sucks!

Showdown time

BillP. wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:21 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:27 am

download.jpg
wink.gif
Good Luck Dave, but I’m not going to lie, I hope you’re goaltending sucks!

Showdown time
085123C2-9853-49B6-9C7A-E384498697FF.jpeg
The quote and picture from your attachment are from different movies. Get your shit together, Bill.

Btw, simple rule change for next year because I exploited it all season and then of course got knocked out because of it but the goalie minimum needs to be 2 games per week. If your goalie starts and has a great first game, as in Bill's case a shutout, you just bench your goalies the rest of the week and you've guaranteed yourself 3 wins for the week right out of the gate.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:28 am Btw, simple rule change for next year because I exploited it all season and then of course got knocked out because of it but the goalie minimum needs to be 2 games per week. If your goalie starts and has a great first game, as in Bill's case a shutout, you just bench your goalies the rest of the week and you've guaranteed yourself 3 wins for the week right out of the gate.
My next 2 starts were still shutouts. Would of had 3 SO's for the week. But I get ya. I've had it happened to me as well.

BillP. wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:50 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:28 am Btw, simple rule change for next year because I exploited it all season and then of course got knocked out because of it but the goalie minimum needs to be 2 games per week. If your goalie starts and has a great first game, as in Bill's case a shutout, you just bench your goalies the rest of the week and you've guaranteed yourself 3 wins for the week right out of the gate.
My next 2 starts were still shutouts. Would of had 3 SO's for the week. But I get ya. I've had it happened to me as well.
Oh I wasn't making an excuse lol, I used it all season to win weekly matchups, it's why I finished 2nd and when I saw Greiss throw up that shutout game one i knew I was toast. You played it right, it's just a loophole that probably needs to be closed up.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:52 am
Oh I wasn't making an excuse lol, I used it all season to win weekly matchups, it's why I finished 2nd and when I saw Greiss throw up that shutout game one i knew I was toast. You played it right, it's just a loophole that probably needs to be closed up.
No, I agree, the rule needs to change.

BillP. wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:55 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:52 am

No, I agree, the rule needs to change.
I also get why it's in place because we have 20 teams and I think some were finding it hard to find goalies that were playing but you shouldn't be able to just play a guy 1 game and that be your goalie stats for the week. I think two is a happy medium and if someone can't fill two starts well, maybe you're just not a good GM :lol:

BillP. wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:18 am Time to talk some Draft Trash. I'm predicting a repeat for Blues - SC Champions!!! ..........You're all on notice.......... Just remember, last time I won, Blues did win the Cup!!!!!
Well guys, I backed up my BACK to BACK prediction.
That’s 2 straight now!
Next draft I’ll be like Larry Bird and say who wants to finish 2nd. ;)
Just having fun —- Maybe Blues can do it again now - Go Blues!