Re: Wow, the Hawks are beating up on the Wild

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
ratonmono wrote:Had the Blues played up to their capabilities they also would have beaten the Wild. The Blues problems by and large aren't on the ice, the Blues problems lie in their own heads.
But how do you fix that?? The Blues have been that way for DECADES!
Not true at all. The early-mid 90's Blues were lacking the defense/depth to make a serious cup run. The late90's/early 2000's Blues always lacked a goalie and were unfortunately stuck in an era where Colorado/Detroit/Dallas were stacked pre-cap teams. Then we just flat out sucked for many years.
These Blues have exactly zero to do with the Blues of the 80's, 90's etc. The problem with this incarnation of the Blues is with several of our veterans having the yips/lack of desire when it comes to postseason play.

ratonmono wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
ratonmono wrote:Had the Blues played up to their capabilities they also would have beaten the Wild. The Blues problems by and large aren't on the ice, the Blues problems lie in their own heads.
Not true at all. The early-mid 90's Blues were lacking the defense/depth to make a serious cup run. The late90's/early 2000's Blues always lacked a goalie and were unfortunately stuck in an era where Colorado/Detroit/Dallas were stacked pre-cap teams. Then we just flat out sucked for many years.
These Blues have exactly zero to do with the Blues of the 80's, 90's etc. The problem with this incarnation of the Blues is with several of our veterans having the yips/lack of desire when it comes to postseason play.
You don't think the Sharks got in the Blues head in 2000 when the Blues won the President's Cup yet the lowly Sharks beat them? I remember years later they interviewed Turgeon about this and even he said the Blues let the Sharks get in their head and they weren't mentally prepared! The psychological problems the Blues have go back at least 15 years.

[/quote]

You don't think the Sharks got in the Blues head in 2000 when the Blues won the President's Cup yet the lowly Sharks beat them? I remember years later they interviewed Turgeon about this and even he said the Blues let the Sharks get in their head and they weren't mentally prepared! The psychological problems the Blues have go back at least 15 years.[/quote]

Yeah they were in their heads so much that the Blues went out and beat them the next year fairly handily. :lol: This group would have folded and lost the 2001 series re-match as well. Those Blues were a more mentally strong group.
Also, how do players that were here 15 years ago have a single fucking thing to do with the players we have right now? Stop and think about things before you post them, seriously.

Because ALL the current Blues players know this franchise hasn't won a Cup in 47 years and that is clearly weighing on them mentally!

I remember last year after they lost to the Hawks Oshie said he was shocked because he really thought that was the year the Blues would have a parade down Market street. :lol:

Nigga PLEASE!! The Hawks won that game 6 by a mile and even if the Blues got by the Hawks the Wild would've been very difficult and don't even mention the Kings. Last year's Kings team would've been mission impossible.

It shows that Oshie isn't right in the head. The same is likely true with other players.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Alright man, enough already. Brian Sutter isn't coaching this team, nor is Hull and Oates on the top line. Mike Liut isn't in goal and Doug Gilmour never screwed that babysitter. THIS team we are currently bitching about has been intact for the better part of 5-6 years. Any playoff failings in regards to THIS team don't mean jack shit past 5 or 6 years ago.

The first couple you can forgive as growing pains. Last year you can somewhat forgive because of the injuries, although they should have won anyway as they outplayed Chicago for much of that series. THIS one is solely and entirely on the 23 guys wearing the Note in the 2015 NHL playoffs. You fix that by replacing some of the heads. Not all the heads, but some of them for sure.

ratonmono wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
True, this team has a nothing to do with those teams, but the late '90s early '00s teams had similar mental issues. The Red Wings absolutely owned them, and it was more than just superior talent. That Blues team collapsed against the Wings exactly the same way the current team collapses against the Hawks and Kings. All you had to do was play Imperial March and they would wilt ... It was pavlovian. Then they won the President's trophy and were wiped out by the Sharks. That team was mentally weak.

Come on Carcus! I've heard that excuse since the Brian Sutter days. I admit it happened a lot less with Sutter but I recall one year in the 80s the Blues lost in round 1 and Sutter was VERY pissed and said the Blues just didn't play as well as they could have. They've been using that excuse on and off for DECADES!

The REALITY is the Wild throughly outplayed the Blues yet the Wild couldn't win a SINGLE game against the Hawks! Bad news for the Blues no matter how much you sugar coat it.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Come on Carcus! I've heard that excuse since the Brian Sutter days. I admit it happened a lot less with Sutter but I recall one year in the 80s the Blues lost in round 1 and Sutter was VERY pissed and said the Blues just didn't play as well as they could have. They've been using that excuse on and off for DECADES!

The REALITY is the Wild throughly outplayed the Blues yet the Wild couldn't win a SINGLE game against the Hawks! Bad news for the Blues no matter how much you sugar coat it.
You keep going back decades to justify things that happened this year. Why? You can't be so brain damaged to think that these teams have anything to do with teams from the 80s. If you look at the Wild series and come to the conclusion that the Blues gave it their all and lost to the better team, then I don't think you can be helped. The Blues shit the bed because they have too many vets who play like crap on the big stage and it now seems that the locker room was in revolt so we would have had trouble beating the 93 Senators with half the team not interested in playing for our coach/struck with chronic case of the yips.

T.C. wrote:two teams i absolutely hate. maybe when they play in anaheim they'll get "the big one" and fall into the ocean.
+100

I like the way this man thinks.

As a bonus, the fault, earthquakes, tsunami(s), and accompanying volcanoes around the ring of fire blanket the sky with ash and debris. A mini ice age results and a huge glacier scrapes south across Canada and forever annihilates Detroit.

Doesn't sound like Armageddon to me, but Heaven! I'm rooting for San Andreas.