The Blues have the curse of Freddy Redshoes

I'm just the messenger here. If you guys saw Donnybrook on KETC 9 tonight they talked about the Blues and multiple panel members thought this was a Stanley Cup team but they failed miserably again and they just couldn't understand why?? Ray Hartman said it was the curse of firing Scotty Bowman.

During the call in segment during the 2nd half of the hour a longtime Blues fan from south St.Louis named JR called in and said the Blues have the curse of Freddy redshoes. Back in the 70s the Blues played an exhibition against the SLU Bilikens hockey team and really roughed them up and mistreated them. Between the 2nd and 3rd period the SLU team refused to come back on the ice but Mr.Solomon of the Blues said it's for charity so they must come back.

So SLU agreed but the Blues kept mistreating them and beat them bad so a vendor named Freddy with red shoes yelled from behind the Blues bench "You'll never win the Stanley Cup!!" at the Blues. He was really enraged at how the Blues treated those college players.

I know it sounds bizarre but I guess it's as good an explanation as any! Anyone else catch Donnybrook? It repeats at 1 am to 2 am early Saturday morning so you can DVR it and see it for yourself.

Re: The Blues have the curse of Freddy Redshoes

Turk Sanderson wrote:There's proof that the Towel Guy exists. There's proof that the Cotton-Eyed Joe exists but there's no historical proof that Freddy Redshoes ever existed.... other than the addle-pated ramblings of some senile old bastard on Channel 9...none!
I'm sure if you checked with Blues fans from the 70s who are still around they could verify his story. Plus the Blues only played SLU a few times in their entire history. I'm pretty sure he was the only beer vendor back then who wore bright red tennis shoes! :D

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:And on that day, he shall cometh wearing sandals of crimson, and the gladiators of ice shall bear witness to his fury. For on that day a curse bearing the name of one so coveted shall strike their heels and victory shall be theirs no more.

- Bubbles 14:25
HAHAHAHA! still lol'ing.... wow. brilliant. that's going in the new header.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:There's proof that the Towel Guy exists. There's proof that the Cotton-Eyed Joe exists but there's no historical proof that Freddy Redshoes ever existed.... other than the addle-pated ramblings of some senile old bastard on Channel 9...none!
I'm sure if you checked with Blues fans from the 70s who are still around they could verify his story. Plus the Blues only played SLU a few times in their entire history. I'm pretty sure he was the only beer vendor back then who wore bright red tennis shoes! :D
I had tickets back in the '70s We would have kicked anybody's ass who wore any red shoes to a Blues game