One interesting thing of note

Looking at the Blues website and all the player interviews, there doesn't appear to an interview with Oshie. Seems a bit odd considering all the other team captains interviews are posted.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: One interesting thing of note

Oshie just strikes me as that floater with limited fucks to give. Good guy, probably a ton of fun to hang out with, but he's got some family health issues and he had a recent death in the family. Perhaps that leaves him zero fucks to give about hockey, because his play sure looked like it and his comments are even worse.

Man in the box wrote:Oshie just strikes me as that floater with limited fucks to give. Good guy, probably a ton of fun to hang out with, but he's got some family health issues and he had a recent death in the family. Perhaps that leaves him zero fucks to give about hockey, because his play sure looked like it and his comments are even worse.
excactly. He's still young enough to if he gets it back together, he could, but his skill and brain level are only enough to be good. IF he wants to be great, he has to work at it. We need that old Oshie that laid out folks and was tough to play against. Not who just 'played a system' well.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
Man in the box wrote:Oshie just strikes me as that floater with limited fucks to give. Good guy, probably a ton of fun to hang out with, but he's got some family health issues and he had a recent death in the family. Perhaps that leaves him zero fucks to give about hockey, because his play sure looked like it and his comments are even worse.
excactly. He's still young enough to if he gets it back together, he could, but his skill and brain level are only enough to be good. IF he wants to be great, he has to work at it. We need that old Oshie that laid out folks and was tough to play against. Not who just 'played a system' well.
Isn't Oshie 28 though? He's in his prime, the sad thing is that this is probably as good as he's ever going to be.

MissouriMook wrote:
StL Dan wrote:I remember the TJ Oshie that nearly every Blues fan couldn't wait to see in uniform and once he got here was almost an unmovable force on the ice.
Yeah, even if he is (unfathomably) still here next year, I think he needs to be referred to as "the ghost of TJ Oshie."
But the weird thing is......he was playing the best hockey of his career earlier this season (my opinion, of course). Not sure why that changed so dramatically, though, over the last 1/3 of the season.

Matangama wrote:
MissouriMook wrote:
StL Dan wrote:I remember the TJ Oshie that nearly every Blues fan couldn't wait to see in uniform and once he got here was almost an unmovable force on the ice.
Yeah, even if he is (unfathomably) still here next year, I think he needs to be referred to as "the ghost of TJ Oshie."
But the weird thing is......he was playing the best hockey of his career earlier this season (my opinion, of course). Not sure why that changed so dramatically, though, over the last 1/3 of the season.
Agree with both statements. He was on fire for a while this season, then poof....Casper the Ghost. It's like he saw that he was stuck on 19 goals and just squeezed it way too tightly trying to break the 20 goal threshold. Then his confidence tanked.

Matangama wrote:
MissouriMook wrote:
No doubt. He was better than at anytime I can recall, for most of the year. He FINALLY seemed to get past that compulsion to stick handle at both bluelines. His defense and playmaking improved also. Much like Perron, he seems to excel when he's free to free lance. The discipline and attention to detail required in the playoff environment doesn't seem to be his cup of tea.
I have wondered if the growing popularity of Tarasenko has not been a source of irritation for him also. (Thinking about his ridiculous comment to the media about that little scrum in practice between Backes and Tarasenko). Especially after the Olympics, he's had beaucoup camera and interview time. Perhaps he fears slipping to #2 in the competition for the Media Cup.

Matangama wrote: But the weird thing is......he was playing the best hockey of his career earlier this season (my opinion, of course). Not sure why that changed so dramatically, though, over the last 1/3 of the season.
It's called the trade deadline. He was being mentioned as possibly going to Boston among other teams prior to the deadline.

From 12/27 to 3/1 (last game before the trade deadline) (29 game stretch) he had 12 goals and 20 assists. He had 10 games with zero points during that span.

From 3/5 to 4/26 (which includes the playoffs) (23 game stretch) he had 3 goals and 10 assists. He had 12 games with zero points during that span.

Looks like he relaxed after he knew he was staying.

Man in the box wrote:So I wonder what Fabbri and the rest of the junior players and Wolves that were up here came away with from their first taste of the NHL playoff atmosphere. I gotta think it was a mixture of excitement and "WTF is going on with these guys"
Good point. Maybe having them around wasn't such a good thing after all.

Cujo31 wrote:
Matangama wrote: But the weird thing is......he was playing the best hockey of his career earlier this season (my opinion, of course). Not sure why that changed so dramatically, though, over the last 1/3 of the season.
It's called the trade deadline. He was being mentioned as possibly going to Boston among other teams prior to the deadline.

From 12/27 to 3/1 (last game before the trade deadline) (29 game stretch) he had 12 goals and 20 assists. He had 10 games with zero points during that span.

From 3/5 to 4/26 (which includes the playoffs) (23 game stretch) he had 3 goals and 10 assists. He had 12 games with zero points during that span.

Looks like he relaxed after he knew he was staying.
I appreciate the analysis Cujo. That totally pisses me off even more if that's the reason for the dr off off in his play, and I'd have to say there is a very good chance you're right.

Everyone calling for his head.. was he really THAT bad? He falls a lot, we know that, he has a history of under performing in the playoffs, sure. But i mean, Jesus, the guy ended up with pretty good year for being so bad in the beginning of the season. I don't think anyone gave him a shot to eclipse 50 points. But that SOB line was unstoppable in early 2015. Just have to find a way to translate that into the playoffs.
Obviously, with all the other stuff going on in his life, I think he had a pretty good year. Maybe thats just me.