RNH

I'll dedicate a thread to him, seeing to how many here are clamouring for him.

What do you think it'd take to get him? It makes sense for EDM to move him, seeing to how they drafted Draisaitl just last season to be their long term number two. Plus salary simply wouldn't work there in a couple years with RNH, MCD, and others.

So again what would it take to get him?

(I also apologize I've posted so many threads lately. Not trying to create clutter, just want thoughts on these things before people leave for the summer.)

Re: RNH

I'm definitely intrigued by RNH......he would definitely up our skill level, depending on what it took to get him.

Oates2Hullie450, keep starting threads.......we need stuff to talk about around here this summer. If there is action in this forum, it will keep me from getting tempted to go back over to the cesspool that is BluesTalk!

wizard pork sword wrote:If they are willing to move him and that's a guy the Blues want, it would be for Oshie.
The Oilers HAVE to start thinking about defense. I would think they would be looking for an established defensemen as a return.

warpig2003 wrote:
wizard pork sword wrote:If they are willing to move him and that's a guy the Blues want, it would be for Oshie.
The Oilers HAVE to start thinking about defense. I would think they would be looking for an established defensemen as a return.
Okay, well then they are welcome to have Jay Bo.

I'd have to think something like Oshie and a dman get it done. I'd love to have him though.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

MIZDSP wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:I'd have to think something like Oshie and a dman get it done. I'd love to have him though.
Oshie/Schmaltz
Not interested in trading Schmaltz at this point unless it becomes a much bigger trade.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:
MIZDSP wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:I'd have to think something like Oshie and a dman get it done. I'd love to have him though.
Oshie/Schmaltz
Not interested in trading Schmaltz at this point unless it becomes a much bigger trade.
Not that they'd move him, but man that Darnell Nurse looks like he's going to be a great player. As impressive as McD is, I couldn't quit watching Nurse. How many minutes do you think he played last night?

Oshie's two-way game makes a ton of sense for the Oilers. They don't have many defensively responsible forwards. Oshie may be disappointing in the playoffs, but he's smart and has a good 200 ft game. Chiarelli also loves him. With McDavid, Hall, Eberle, etc. he wouldn't be relied on as a top liner like he often has been here.

NHLTIM wrote:
MIZDSP wrote:
Oshie/Schmaltz
I would guess that Schmaltz has very little trade value at this point, especially to a destination like EDM, given that he has not yet signed his ELC. He could easily opt to play his senior year and become a UFA in August 2016 if he doesn't like where he is traded.

Count me in the camp as being kinda "meh" on RNH. He would certainly be adding skill to our Top 6, but I don't see him as being a game changer given that he really hasn't done anything of note with EDM despite playing the majority of his time with Hall and Eberle. If we could get him for Oshie and Gunnarsson I guess that would be OK, but long-term I think I'd rather have Draisaitl or try to create a bigger deal with Nurse and JBo or Petro.

barnburner wrote:Petro would be their franchise dman!
Get it done Arny!
I know you're down on Petro, but that's an overpayment. Petro is worth way more than Nuge at the moment, and it would leave us with a big hole on D. If this deal were to go down I'd have to insist on Nurse coming back with Nuge, and I'm not a fan of Nurse at all. I think this deal just leaves our blueline in even worse shape than it is. I think the deal could get done without including Petro if they're actually going to move Nuge. (Not sure that they will).

Turk Sanderson wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
Not that they'd move him, but man that Darnell Nurse looks like he's going to be a great player. As impressive as McD is, I couldn't quit watching Nurse. How many minutes do you think he played last night?
I didn't follow his minutes, but he was a man among boys. Especially when he grabbed DeBrincat away from that jaw-jacking session. Showed true leadership. Plus he skates like the wind.

RNH would be a nice center to have, but still wouldn't solve the problems this team has, in fact it would just mainly keep things the same. He plays a lot of minutes for the first scoring line in Edmonton, but IMHO he's exposed there. He likely would not get #1 center minutes for most of the playoff teams in the current bracket.

The Blues do not have a #1 center. The only person who can solve this problem is Paul Stastny earning his paycheck. His contract is an albatross. Perhaps a coaching change and/or trades will help Paul to realize his potential. RNH won't solve this problem, and might actually make it worse considering Stastny already has Backes/Lehtera envy.

The Blues have soft defense. Jackman is too old and beat up to be an effective top 6, yet I'd rank him ahead of pretty boys Carl and JayBo. I would trade Gunnar for a bag of pucks. JayBo shouldn't be on this team, either, but I'd expect a decent package in return. We already have two D who can jump into the play offensively without being too much of a defensive liability in Petro and Shatty. The other four should be guys like Bortuzzo who are a pain in the ass to play against, hopefully from Western Canada.

I hope Elliot wants a trade. Not because I don't like him, but because it would force Army to name Allen the starter. This 'ride the hot hand' shit is for the birds.

Army has a real mess on his hands. The easiest thing would be to non-renew Hitch but the more the days pass, I don't think Hitch is the real problem. I definitely think the two ass clown assistants should be fired, but IDK about Hitch. You can't just trade the entire team but several of these guys are playoff no-shows and need the axe. I'm ok with trading Oshie to Edmonton because it's hockey hell and he deserves to be damned. I just hope Army is smart about filling this roster with guys who are good enough to get into the postseason and win.

How about my proposal from the other board earlier in the year of Petro to Florida for Bjugstad and Gudbranson?

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:How about my proposal from the other board earlier in the year of Petro to Florida for Bjugstad and Gudbranson?
Bjugstad has a decent contract till 2019-( 2.850 3.350 3.850 4.300 0.200 bonus - 4.1 cap hit) It goes up to 5.0 and 5.25 in'20 and '21. ...still not bad Gud is a RFA after next year.
Have either had any health issues?

NHLTIM wrote:How about my proposal from the other board earlier in the year of Petro to Florida for Bjugstad and Gudbranson?
I fucking love Gudbranson........and I fucking love that I can say "fucking" in this forum.

I'll say this, that would certainly make our team bigger and tougher (and even younger).
Last edited by Matangama on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matangama wrote:
I fucking love Gudbranson........and I fucking love that I can say "fucking" in this forum.

I'll say this, that would certainly make our team bigger and tougher (and even younger).
Agreed.

I would imagine that Florida would want a big center back, so we'd need to throw in Berglund. Obviously they'd need to throw in a pick to sweeten their end.