Flag Burning protests

I have never understood the importance of walking on/ burning the flag, it doesn't speak to me. That being said, if you were in the military, then you fought for the right for people to burn the flag. I don't know how to tell you....the flag/country doesn't belong to you because you serve, and the right to express yourself by desecrating the American flag has been thoroughly vetted.

Simply stated....if you believe in America...then you are okay with flag burning.

Re: Flag Burning protests

I have a deep respect for the brothers and sisters of the Armed Forces, for their knowledge, for what they do, and what they represent. Desecrating the flag is a protected form of expression, it isnt up to any individual to limit that no matter what your service. I am not a fan of the flag protest, however, it seems important to some, so let them have it.

I don't see the point, if it helps you out. I think it makes you look like an idiot incapable an intelligent demonstration of your beliefs. I do not see why people blame America for the atrocities of the corrupt Federal Government, but that is a horse of a different color.

I'm a veteran, and if somebody wants to burn a flag, it's no big deal
to me. People get their panties in a wad because everybody doesn't think exactly the same way they do. I think burning a flag, is a pretty silly thing to do, but whatever turns them on.
On the list of things American men and women have died for down through the years, the flag is pretty far down the list. The real symbol of what the flag represents is in everybody's minds - you can't burn that no matter how you try.

Flag burning is a protected form of expression. I am not sure why anyone thinks it is significant, if they want to do it I don't care, it doesn't diminish America in any way. I believe the freedom to burn the flag proves that what it stands for is worth fighting for.

StL Dan wrote:you've been given the challenge to see if it matters

I do not think burning the flag is a form of expression I would ever choose. I do see why it is protected speech, how it does nothing to diminish the spirit of America, and actually serves as an affirmation of the freedom it represents despite the intentions of the people burning it.