FTP: RND 1 GM 4: Blues @ Wild 4-22-2015

Disgruntled Wild thoughts and comments came from here.

Anything I decide to add will be this color.

Let's hope this is the start of something positive. And let's get started..................

===========================================

PREGAME COMMENTS:

Every game in the post season is big, but the difference between being up 3-1 in a series, and being tied 2-2 is Huuuuuuge.
Lets go.

We're in uncharted territory here. We've never been up 2-1 in a series before.
I'm excited to see how we do.

We were once in the 2008 series with the Avs. We won games 2 and 3, and hit the effing wall in Game 4. Let's do it right this time. Reply to previous comment.

I feel like this series is due for an overtime game. Gonna be a late night. Lets take this 3-1 lead!

St. Louis will be like a 600 year old vampire tonight. Tough to kill. Let's do it!!!!

Get that first goal quick, and watch St. Louis fold. Got the quick goal part right.

Kind of crazy how significant Game 4s appear. Either going up 3-1 or 2-2 giving home ice back to opponent.

As someone who works in the arena and has a morning class tomorrow, please God don't let this go into OT.

Im thinking.......
Music 2....allen plays on his head
wilds 3. Coyle nino grandzues
That or allen crumbles and gets lit up for 6 Got the get lit up for 6 part right.

If both early games go into OT. They will only pick one of the late games to show on NHLN. Oh gosh, I'm nervous.

I am so jacked for this!!! Playoff hockey is just the best thing I can imagine!!! GO WILD BABY!!!

Let's come out jumping. Keep laughing at OTT

FIRST PERIOD COMMENTS:

bad start
Duuuuub is looking fine though Looks can be deceiving though.

Blues start strong..

Not a great start.

Oh look, Ott trying to be a big fat clown.
In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.

Dangit.. that sucks. Early lead for the Blues.

Of course it's his first career playoff goal.

Rangers win! Now I can start watching the Wild! #collegecable

Stewart needs to block that or get out the way There's the Stewie we knew and, well, the Stewie we knew.

Are you ****ing kidding me...

of ****ing course
game.

Ohh my goodness. Teresenko again?

Well this ruins my night

Why does Suter suck so much... :c

Unbelievable, down 2-0 on home ice before the first tv timeout...

This isn't real. Looks like Blues figured it out.. how to play against us. Feels like a bloodbath.

Looks like they decided to cash in some of their puck luck this period.

Meh, we got this. They got off to a lucky start, so what? We've scored before.

This is the opposite of good.

Doesn't look like a bloodbath if you don't look at the score. But one goal that should probably been saved and one that was just a great redirection. Lots of game(s) to play.

That is literally the last thing we needed

Well... That's not how you take a 3-1 series lead.
Given how the previous three games have gone, that's already the game right there. :/

And now we're on a PK.....

This game is starting exactly how I feared.

where is the speed burst and crisp passes....

So, the Blues came to play tonight and we're still celebrating a Game 3 win?
Pull your heads out of your *****!!!!!

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Alright, time to freaking pull Dubs

God ****ing damnit

****ing ****ing **** **** **** **** **** ****

jesus ****ing christ dubnyk, what the hell was that?

It's fairly obvious who came to play tonight and who didn't.
****ing pathetic.

My God... what the hell am I watching?

Game. Goodnight everyone.

Wild defense didn't show up tonight. Goodnight.

Way to show up with a chance to go up 3-1, guys. Christ.

Its like game 3 doesnt even matter anymore.

Yeo wanna...like...take a timeout? Or say something? Or generally look even vaguely invested in the outcome of this game?

It's ****ing annoying. Every time there's a chance, it'll go in. It's not necessarily on Dubs either, they're just getting insane puck luck. I know, they're playing well, but the luck is insane. Had this happened in game 3, we would've been up like 10-0 after 2. No skill, all puck luck.....ummmmm, mkay.

They better get a goal in the first here to mount any kind of comeback

Okay can we panic now? I'd like a good panic.

If the Wild get the next goal they stand at least a chance of coming back.

If we do comeback in this game that will completely crush St. Louis's morale. It can happen.

Blues are getting away with so much interference. It's not even subtle. Most of the offensive zone hits are late, too.

Wild look like fat cows lying in a pasture thinking, "We don't have to play. We're up 2-1 in the series." They are on their way being shutout, and they'd deserve it. Way to embarrass the state of hockey, guys. The air is completely out of this building for good reason.

We just need one this period and it won't feel like a mountain. We all knew stl was going to come out guns blazing

it's like they are still in the same mental state as they were at the end of game 3. forgot how they got to that point and feeling too good
some really lucky bounces and situations too, though

Well, give credit to St. Louis for coming out ready to play. Hopefully the Wild can match their desperation.

If they grip their sticks any tighter they're going to get splinters...

I'm really interested to see how the Wild respond. First time they've been forced to play St. Louis' game.

this is why I lol'd and cringed at all those people calling the series over
MN sports curse > blue playoff curse

We've come back from 3 down multiple times this season, it WILL happen tonight!

Anybody watch game 1 of the Predators-Hawks series? Predators were up 3-0 at the end of one and tied 3-3 by the second intermission. We definitely can match that.

Unless they reset after this period, they are missing passes, being offsides, not crisp passes....
Tonight may just be a real bad night for the Wild. Like I'm watching this right now and both Spurg and Scandella passed up on shots from the point. No. Don't do that.

Alright, let's regroup and come out and score on the PP

Yes!!! Ott blows it for blues

Boo them off the ice.

So Brunette has 18 minutes to draw up a good PP scheme?

2nd period, think it as a new game. Show what you're made of. One goal at the time. That's the only way.

They better come out with a ****ing fire under their ***** if they expect anything tonight. Not scoring on this PP is simply not an option.

Well, that was awful to say the least. Had to think the Blues were gonna come out buzzing early, and 3 goals later, we must have finally realized it.
Still lots of hockey to be played, but I have this dark feeling that it's not gonna matter anyway.

Also, the interference is really, really getting annoying. Especially when they're getting good scoring chances thanks to holding one or two of our guys against the boards/just getting in the way.
Still, it's no excuse. LaPanta made a good point about how Blues are practically just walking to the crease. They're not even being challenged. That needs to change.

You think Yeo is playing good or bad cop right now?

It's just HOW they're losing that is beyond frustrating. Teams lose games even when playing well sometimes. These guys haven't even showed up yet. Did you see Coyle hand it directly to a Blues' player in the offensive zone? Instead of shooting it, he literally made a clean pass to a guy in white. They aren't moving their feet at all. It's not that they're losing, it's how they are doing it that is maddening.

I want to see Wild players foaming at the mouth out there. Angry. Hungry. And a danger to people's health.

We will score 2 or 3 here, happens all the time. Tale of two periods

SECOND PERIOD COMMENTS:

SPURGEOERONA@!@#~!$#~!!!!!!!
Yay goal!!!

Dsyfunctional PP of course. AND LOL THE SECOND UNIT SCORES!

That's a big goal, boys.
Keep it up.

2nd unit, best unit. 4th line, best line.

Crowd back, wild amped....lets do this boys

Get right back on 'em. Another goal in the next 5 minutes would be huuuuuuuge.

Got them on their heels now, keep freakin attacking!!! Come on

Allright, the Wild appear to have finally decided to show up.
Now lets see if we can make up for being 20 minutes late.

that's weak
pull him

Dubs needs that save.

That was definitely on dubnyk.

jkdnfijafirnflkjdfijapoifnln.
Ugh.

First of all, where is our defense?!?!!?

Love ya, Dubs, but that can't go in.

What a momentum killer...

Well that sucked.

There goes any momentum we had. The hill just became a mountain again.

I don't see how you can give up 4 goals in 24 minutes and not switch your goalie.

yeah, lets just keep dubs in until he allows 5................

Every shot they take goes in....wtf

I've watched every game this year
The chance and joy that we come back isn't worth the feeling of watching this team fail. Game over, i'll check later

5-4 OT winner, standing by it!

Even their 4th line can maintain the pressure now, ugh.

I just wonder if the mystery flu/illness that Fonzie and Kuemps had has spread. The whole team looks... phlegmatic. They got a bit of a wind at the end of 1st/start of 2nd, but even then it felt like they were reaching over capacity.

If we keep trading games then we win in 7, im ok with that

4 goals on 11 shots? is backs in net? blues are the faster , hungrier team tonight. yeo should make all the wild players wear depends the rest of the game so we dont see anymore brown skidmarks on the ice.

If we make it a 2 goal game before the period, I will have some faith

if st louis could like, get a penalty
and then get like 6 more
that would be good

HAHAHHA THATS ****ING GREAT
really ****ing predictable
AWESOME

Well Keumps coming in now?

And series over lol

Isn't it time for our captain to do something??? Anything???

It's time for anybody to do anything.

Great job Yeo, leave a poorly playing goalie on the ice until he hurts himself. dumbass

Please dont be groin please dont be groin please dont be groin

This is why you never count your chickens before they hatch. Things are not looking good right now.

Ooooooooh. Caught him in a sensitive area....

dude no way Dubs is the same after that shot to the balls

The disappointment I am feeling right now is indescribable.

This a Minnesota sports fan's masochistic wet dream of a game right now.

At least the Kings didn't make the playoffs Now there's some common ground....

This is effing embarrasing

well that wasn't surprising in the least

wow.. What a move by Teresenko.. That was crazy..
Ughhh.. Why?

looking at Mike Yeo, he doesn't care.

53239-jerry-seinfeld-Im-out-gif-0qdn.gif 53239-jerry-seinfeld-Im-out-gif-0qdn.gif Viewed 16882 times 628.74 KiB

And I've lost all my optimism

So you can actually collide with the goalie before the puck is in?

Sick move. This is my exit.

So much for containing Tarasenko. Held shotless in Game 1, but now has what, 6 goals? Shotless in game 3 as well.

mike yeo, you're a ****ing idiot. Good ****ing work, dude.

About ****ing time Yeo, you're a clown.

I hope Fletcher has the balls to tell Yeo off after this game.

Wow.. Well it was not your night Dubs.. Whole team really. This has been embarrasing.

This game was a complete waste of money. Got a free towel though.
And job well done, Yeo. Pulled him a few goals too late.

I can't believe you guys are blaming Yeo.

Those were some pretty weak boos.

So what's the record for most lopsided playoff loss.

If we're gonna lose, let's at least set a record!!!

Don't want to go to work tommorow and hear about this game all day.

I guess the goal at this point is to not get hurt.

lol at blaming Yeo not his fault the whole team came out flat
Can someone tell me where Koivu, Stewart, and Vanek have been offensively this series I can guess where Stewart was....he spent plenty of time there when he was here.

Hey, look at the bright side. The Blues are ahead only because the Wild are playing bad, not because they are good
I sure hope that was sarcasm.

Who has the fast forward button to friday?

So now the Wild will be mad for game 5, I like our chances!

I still think there's something up with the team. Yeah, they've showed us a ******* disgrace of a performance, but that kind of apathy is just not normal.

We crapped the bed in Game 4 against the Avs when leading that series 2-1. Deja vu. No killer instinct.

Blues can score 50 goals tonight, and it won't matter. Series is still gonna be tied.
Put this one behind you, and go get game 5.

Worst episode ever!

Anyone else notice that right from puck drop, the Blues skated away after every whistle?
The Wild were geared up for a game the Blues didn't play tonight.

Lots of empty seats for the 3rd.

THIRD PERIOD COMMENTS:

Might get a golf clap if they happen to score.

gotta ****ing score there

Can I blame Ballard? He hugged Dubnyk.

I blame Clayton Stoner

I'm blaming Heatley. That never gets old.

I blame Zidlicky

Let's score a couple goals and make it look better for the papers at least

Blame Canada

Hull was in the crease!

What worries me even more is the amount of sheer whiffs and missed chances in the 3rd. Now that we are actually creating something, despite the score, our failure to finish is bordering on biblical.

So, Tarasenko just kneed Coyle. ****ing A. Whaaaaaaaaa??????

What's everyone's favorite cereal?
Mines French toast crunch.

I enjoy fruity pebbles.

Honestly?
Cookie crisp. I will nom the **** out of a whole box if I don't watch myself.

If I don't want to eat a bowl of pure sugar, though, I've always enjoyed a bowl of Rice Krispies.

How about best candy bar?
I'd have to go with 100 Grand

Damn you Wild. I love you so much that I have voluntarily stayed in my seat for this train wreck rather than bolting to the door with 90% of the other fans in attendance. I love ya. .....but don't like you much at the moment. Get this ! $#& all out of your system tonight..

White chocolate nestle crunch and its not even close.

I bought some Nilla Wafers a week or so ago.
I forgot how ****ing delicious those things are.

Well, as a Wild fan you have to give the Blues credit. They came out and just dominated, no two ways about it. Not to mention they got their road playoff monkey off their back. Should give them good confidence for game 5.
I'm excited to see how the Wild will respond.

Haha the fans cheer for the final minute.
What a ****ing disgrace.
This better be the Wild getting 4 series worth of goofs and **** ups out of their system early.

POST GAME COMMENTS:

These comments came from Tidbits: Series Discussion starting on page 22 comment # 542

We didn't allow a goal in the 3rd period AND our PK was PERFECT!!!!

Well that could've gone better.

Flush it, forget it. Move on.

I don't get pro athletes at all. Just turn it off and on for whatever reason. Same for both the Blues and the Wild.

I hope the players listen to Hitchcock's press conference. He was very cocky. If that doesn't light a fire under them.....

Well that was the most depressing game I have ever attended. I don't think I have seen a crowd go from hyped and drunk to sober and depressed that quick.

What the **** happened?

========================================================

Until next time............................

2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Re: FTP: RND 1 GM 4: Blues @ Wild 4-22-2015

my favorites:
Why does Suter suck so much... :c
LOL
Anybody watch game 1 of the Predators-Hawks series? Predators were up 3-0 at the end of one and tied 3-3 by the second intermission. We definitely can match that.
yeah, you're pretty much the blackhawks.
Also, the interference is really, really getting annoying. Especially when they're getting good scoring chances thanks to holding one or two of our guys against the boards/just getting in the way.
enough about the interference whining. welcome to playoff hockey, have fun popping your cherry. it was honestly not that bad on my tv.
Got them on their heels now, keep freakin attacking!!! Come on
were we? were we, really?
And series over lol
this i like.

the seinfeld "i'm out" gif rules.
So you can actually collide with the goalie before the puck is in?
someone call the waaaaahmbulance.
I'm blaming Heatley. That never gets old.
HAHAHAHA! someone tell that guy to come here, he'd fit right in.
So, Tarasenko just kneed Coyle. ****ing A.
yeah, tank kneed coyle in the same way kennedy's head attacked that bullet.