Re: Barbashev tearing up the Q playoffs

MissouriMook wrote:Those stats are impressive in any league in a playoff environment. His scoring may not translate at the NHL level, but he will pretty much hit everything that moves and will certainly be a fan favorite just a few years down the road.
From what I've heard, the general rule is that if you're a big scorer at a lower level, you MIGHT not be a big scorer at the NHL level, but if you're NOT a scorer at a lower level, there's almost NO way you'll be a scorer in the NHL.

I'llBeBackes wrote:I heard he's like a more offensive Schwartz
I don't think that's accurate. He projects to be a solid and physical 2-way centerman, ala Backes. If everything goes right, we could be looking at a 50 point player. Backes-lite. But who knows how he'll develop and how he will perform in the NHL.

d--train wrote:I was listening to prospects radio on Sirius this morning and they were talking about how Barbeshev and Nikolaj Ehlers were like men among boys out there in the playoffs. Both of them were dynamic offensively and very good defensively. Looks like the Blues did a good job in this draft.
I know it's still too early to come to a final analysis on how successful the Blues scouting has been in regards to drafting in the post Jarmo era but so far it looks like they have done pretty well.

I was hoping the Blues would take Barbashev where they took Fabbri, and when Barbs was still available and the took him it was like a dream come true. For this reason, I'm a little more excited for him to join the Blues. I love his style of play, and can't wait to see him wrecking the NHL.

That being said, I was wondering if you guys know where I could find some more recent footage of Barbashev? A few quick searches didn't get me much. Thanks