Re: The Sun Is Still Shining

Battra wrote:It's Friday morning.

The Blues lost a close one.

They did some stupid shit.

They showed fight.

Today's still fucking Friday. :)

I still had donuts and I'm still having Chinese food for lunch.

Or pizza.
Today, I'm still going to do a happy hour and drink some good beer.

Battra,

I know your an Arsenal and STLFC guy. Tomorrow is going to be awesome. FA Cup at 11:20, then going to Blues and STLFC.

:dancingbanana:

Doug Glatt wrote:

They showed fight.

Or pizza.

Battra,

I know your an Arsenal and STLFC guy. Tomorrow is going to be awesome. FA Cup at 11:20, then going to Blues and STLFC.

Thanks for the heads up about the FA Cup!

I'd have missed it and cursed like a sailor for days!!!!!

I have a trivia night, so no STLFC, even on Youtube for me.

My Saturday is now, get up early with the wee one, watch Arsenal and clean, cook nachos, watch Blues, then one of our many annual trivia nights.

Get pissed on the free beer.

If by "they showed fight" you're referring to when Backes took the asinine cross checking penalty with 1:11 left, then I guess I can agree. :)

They did show some push and urgency late in the game, but I'm so fucking tired of not seeing that until their backs are against the wall, I give them no credit for it last night. They win nothing. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Battra wrote:
wizard pork sword wrote:You have a really unhealthy diet plan, sir. You might not have many more Friday's in you.
Chinese food is healthy.

Why do you think there's a billion Chinese and only 300 million Americans?
Since they don't have the NHL the men had to find something to do.

Qapod The Mortician wrote:If by "they showed fight" you're referring to when Backes took the asinine cross checking penalty with 1:11 left, then I guess I can agree. :)

They did show some push and urgency late in the game, but I'm so fucking tired of not seeing that until their backs are against the wall, I give them no credit for it last night. They win nothing. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.
I said the same thing to my friends last night. Why can't they just start well? They should be playing desperate from the opening face off to the final whistle. That's what it takes, and they should have learned that lesson long ago. :evil:

CaptSMRT wrote:Trivia beer...hmmmmmm depends on what they are serving....any more...I bring beer to my table.
This one usually has Schlafly...but more and more the trivia nights are serving Kraftig.

@QtM They didn't stop playing till the final whistle. That's what I mean.

They just need to get started sooner.

Battra wrote:
Doug Glatt wrote:

They showed fight.

Or pizza.

Battra,

Thanks for the heads up about the FA Cup!

I'd have missed it and cursed like a sailor for days!!!!!

I have a trivia night, so no STLFC, even on Youtube for me.

My Saturday is now, get up early with the wee one, watch Arsenal and clean, cook nachos, watch Blues, then one of our many annual trivia nights.

Get pissed on the free beer.
That would have sucked. Glad to help. You can pay me in nachos! :D

Battra wrote:
wizard pork sword wrote:You have a really unhealthy diet plan, sir. You might not have many more Friday's in you.
Chinese food is healthy.

Then Indian food is even healthier because India will overtake China in about 25 years! 8-)

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Battra wrote:
Chinese food is healthy.

Then Indian food is even healthier because India will overtake China in about 25 years! 8-)
lol

I like this logic

Qapod The Mortician wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:Sure glad I didnt shell 250 to see that, and seriously doubt I would buy a ticket at this point if I am risking witnessing effort like that in the playoffs.
It's going to take me 5 games to get over that Backes penalty at the end of the game.
That really pissed me off. If we blow it this year he has to be gone. Backes being Backes.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
Qapod The Mortician wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:Sure glad I didnt shell 250 to see that, and seriously doubt I would buy a ticket at this point if I am risking witnessing effort like that in the playoffs.
It's going to take me 5 games to get over that Backes penalty at the end of the game.
That really pissed me off. If we blow it this year he has to be gone. Backes being Backes.
His goal is to overtake Pronger for the lead in all time stupid penalties taken by a Blues team captain in the last 5 minutes of a game.

insideout wrote:Backes is just hockey dumb. Other teams know it and exploit it. Spin the magic wheel of Blues post season ineptitude and the arrow often lands on 42 being defeated mentally.
I couldn't agree more. He is rapidly becoming the #1 guy at the top of my trade list if we shit the bed, as mentioned earlier in this thread. We would likely get a lot for him (assuming no more "charity trades" by the Blues......Pronger, Gilmour, etc). Get some good, young talent for him, give the "C" to Schwartz, add Fabbri and we have an exciting young team.