Silver lining

The Blues (outside of Petro, Allen, and maybe Schwartz) played the worst game I've seen them play in awhile and they were still in the game til the end. Assuming they turn it on and compete (which isn't guaranteed) we will be okay. Its a 7 game series for a reason.

Let's go Blues.

Re: Silver lining

The biggest problem is the Blues had trouble with the Wild ' s transition game. The Wild could get out of their own zone so fast and quickly start the rush. That limited the amount of chances the Blues had.

Anything is possible but winning 4 out of the next 6 games against the Wild will be very tough.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:The biggest problem is the Blues had trouble with the Wild ' s transition game. The Wild could get out of their own zone so fast and quickly start the rush. That limited the amount of chances the Blues had.

Anything is possible but winning 4 out of the next 6 games against the Wild will be very tough.
Wouldn't it be as reasonable to say that winning the next 3 of 6 against the Blues will be very tough?

Battra wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:The biggest problem is the Blues had trouble with the Wild ' s transition game. The Wild could get out of their own zone so fast and quickly start the rush. That limited the amount of chances the Blues had.

Wouldn't it be as reasonable to say that winning the next 3 of 6 against the Blues will be very tough?
Not based on the the way the Wild played last night. They clearly proved they can go .500 the next 6 games and win the series. If not better than .500.

MissouriMook wrote:
I'llBeBackes wrote:And we've broke the cycle of win 2 lose 4 which is good.
Unless we've decided to flip that and lose four and then win....wait, that doesn't work!
That was a painful laugh...not ha ha I bust my gut. More like ha ha awww sh1t why did he go there.

Blues need to play a quicker "north-south" game. The Wild were crazily affective is pushing the Blues to the outside. That forced the Blues to make plays down low in which the Wild capitalized on the turnovers to transition. The Blues need to play their "heavy" game and force it north.

No injuries last night! I think we will be fine. Sucks to lose the first game but it happens. I don't think anyone predicted a sweep.

Edit: Also, we played a shitty game IMO and were still in it until the end. The game could have gone either way even with our half assed effort. Pull your heads out of your asses BLUES!! GO GET EM TOMORROW!

rudy4u51 wrote:No injuries last night! I think we will be fine. Sucks to lose the first game but it happens. I don't think anyone predicted a sweep.

Edit: Also, we played a shitty game IMO and were still in it until the end. The game could have gone either way even with our half assed effort. Pull your heads out of your asses BLUES!! GO GET EM TOMORROW!
Indeed. Wild played their best and still could have lost to our absolute worst. But game 2 is time to stop fucking around and start playing the way we all know they can.

That was nowhere near Minnesota's best game last night, not even close. Blues have to win tomorrow.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:That was nowhere near Minnesota's best game last night, not even close. Blues have to win tomorrow.
I agree they need to win tomorrow but I thought the Wild played fantastic last night. Maybe saying it's their best was overstating it, but they played a damn near perfect road game.

ratonmono wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:That was nowhere near Minnesota's best game last night, not even close. Blues have to win tomorrow.
I agree they need to win tomorrow but I thought the Wild played fantastic last night. Maybe saying it's their best was overstating it, but they played a damn near perfect road game.
Definitely a perfect road game, no doubt about that.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Man in the box wrote:All that AND DICE is live streaming the new Star Wars Battlefront game today. #onthebrightside
That game looks amazing...

"Suck a dick Johansen"

SteveW7744 wrote:The Wild weren't that great last night. They just sat back, kept us on the perimeter, absorbed the pressure and then counter punched. And blocked a crap ton of shots. We were just really bad.
Sat back?? You saw a different game. The Wild had their sticks on the Blues most of the game. Their transition game and rush up the ice was far better than the Blues! Tank had ZERO shots. If the Wild keep this up they win the series.

HockeyFan85 wrote:I'd disagree that this was the worst game the Blues have played all season. It wasn't that by a long shot.

I'm confused by some of the comments. It wasn't an amazing game, but it certainly wasn't the worst.
With a few breaks the Blues could have won that game even though they were flatter than a pancake.

It wasn't Minnesota's best game either.