Re: GDT Blues / Wild playoffs rd 1 game 1

SteveW7744 wrote:Anyone else see nerves and a lack of confidence in the play of the Blues?

Also, how many Blues do you think are thinking "We are GOING to win this game!"

If it was the Hawks, how many do you think would be thinking that?

I bet you there is a big difference between the two.
EXACTLY what I saw and felt! The Blues are carrying an 800 lb. gorilla on their backs and they can't shake it.

How does a team sign the best UFA to really help solidify their lineup, make trades to get good depth, have their 2 young stars have breakout seasons, have their young goalie of the future start playing great, win 5 of their last six to win their division and tie for best conference record (starting the playoffs with home ice), and go into the 1st game and play with NO confidence and NO energy in front of their home crowd??????

What in The World will it take to have this team have confidence in the playoffs???

Robb_K wrote:How does a team sign the best UFA to really help solidify their lineup, make trades to get good depth, have their 2 young stars have breakout seasons, have their young goalie of the future start playing great, win 5 of their last six to win their division and tie for best conference record (starting the playoffs with home ice), and go into the 1st game and play with NO confidence and NO energy in front of their home crowd??????

What in The World will it take to have this team have confidence in the playoffs???
Right?!?!

My #1 concern going into this game was Allen. The least of my concerns at the end of the game was Allen.

Honestly, I think you can throw home ice out the door in this series. It is going to come down to who can score first and dig in and play their game.
Last edited by LrdStnly on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robb_K wrote:How does a team sign the best UFA to really help solidify their lineup, make trades to get good depth, have their 2 young stars have breakout seasons, have their young goalie of the future start playing great, win 5 of their last six to win their division and tie for best conference record (starting the playoffs with home ice), and go into the 1st game and play with NO confidence and NO energy in front of their home crowd??????

Mind boggling. Maddening.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
ratonmono wrote:What a terrible effort to give in front of a home crowd in the playoffs. Those guys should be ashamed. Allen was good and kept this game from being out of control, the 4th line was fine, and Petro played pretty well. Everyone else needs to be pissed off and come out with some god damned effort Saturday.
Still don't think the Blues will sweep? :lol:
Uh, I never said they'd sweep the Wild. I believe I picked Blues in six.

I will say this it's about time Backes and Oshie actually stepped up and did something in a playoff game. Both guys have been simply terrible in the playoffs their whole careers. If neither guy can find another level I have no issue in sending both guys packing this summer. Way too many playoff games those two have been invisible.

My closing thoughts....

Sure, I'm several glasses of scotch and a few glasses of wine into this thought, but here's my approach to this lack of effort.

Hitch could not get them motivated to play 60 minutes (another cliche quote I expect to hear from him), so show him the door now. I don't think a coach has ever been fired during the playoffs, so we would definitely get people talking. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Muller introduces his strategy and you see if that lights a fire under the collective asses of the team. If yes, great. If not, a couple core players should bring a hefty bounty at trade deadline (Backes, Oshie, Berglund).

It's game 1, so I'm probably overreacting a bit, but I just don't like what I see....and I'm drunk. Have fun with this.

LrdStnly wrote:My closing thoughts....

Sure, I'm several glasses of scotch and a few glasses of wine into this thought, but here's my approach to this lack of effort.

Hitch could not get them motivated to play 60 minutes (another cliche quote I expect to hear from him), so show him the door now. I don't think a coach has ever been fired during the playoffs, so we would definitely get people talking. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Muller introduces his strategy and you see if that lights a fire under the collective asses of the team. If yes, great. If not, a couple core players should bring a hefty bounty at trade deadline (Backes, Oshie, Berglund).

It's game 1, so I'm probably overreacting a bit, but I just don't like what I see....and I'm drunk. Have fun with this.
Just a bit.

You would think grown men playing in the biggest game of the season wouldn't need any motivation.

I didn't realize Hitch's job was to coddle and babysit these players.