Re: Nolan fired

ratonmono wrote:Sabres just let Ted Nolan go. Pretty much expected this. He played the part in the tank, now adios Teddy!
If anything, he pissed Murray off because he tried too hard. Nolan was reportedly not a fan of the obvious tank job Murray was doing and clashed with mgmt quite a bit. He was also hired by the former GM so Murray wants to bring in "his guy". It makes sense but Nolan actually did a decent job imo given the horrible roster Murray gave him.

STL fan in IA wrote:
ratonmono wrote:Sabres just let Ted Nolan go. Pretty much expected this. He played the part in the tank, now adios Teddy!
If anything, he pissed Murray off because he tried too hard. Nolan was reportedly not a fan of the obvious tank job Murray was doing and clashed with mgmt quite a bit. He was also hired by the former GM so Murray wants to bring in "his guy". It makes sense but Nolan actually did a decent job imo given the horrible roster Murray gave him.
Completely agree. Hell I'm shocked he got 23 wins with that roster. Nolan's a decent coach, but if he thinks management isn't helping, he's more than ready to speak his mind. He would have been a solid coach for their young roster coming in.

STL fan in IA wrote:
Ted Nolan clashed with management? :D I'm shocked! :lol:

"Speak his mind" is an understatement. First, let me say I am a fan of Ted Nolan the coach, but that guy drives me up a wall with his stubborn bullcrap. For those of you not familiar, go to the Wiki page for him and read about the infamous fights he had with Dominik Hasek, John Muckler, and all the subsequent drama with various GMs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Nolan

Not just countering offers, but rejecting them in public forums with indignation. It's hard to understand where this guy is coming from. Gotta be frustrating as a GM, knowing he is a great coach.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote:Eh. Not really fair but they need to reboot and thats one way to do it. Hopefully for them the sabres will get a guy who can help develop their young guns like Mcdeichel,Grigorenko,Tsujimoto, etc.
Well played, sir. Well played. :dancingbanana: